Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Rory Milne

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by Rory Milne » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:50 am

Did you ever get that issue of Edge? Just curious.

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:21 am

flugle wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:05 pm
I was only thinking the same thing Maurico, I too have never seen anything about these so called free digital copies to tide us over.
I see that some free digital magazines were offered in Retro Gamer emails, but not specifically the RG issues we are waiting on. I have collected those emails; send me a private message if you need help accessing those magazine issues.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:55 pm

Rory Milne wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:50 am
Did you ever get that issue of Edge? Just curious.
I did - after it finally was dispatched, delivery actually went pretty fast.

Which is another thing that really annoys me (and more fellow non-UK subscribers): Single issues bought on the website have pretty much always arrived for me within a week, sometimes even a bit faster. While with subs copies it's extraordinarily rare for them to arrive within even 2 weeks of the store date - my personal negative record was about 6-7 weeks.

rinzwind

Post by rinzwind » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:24 pm

Yup single issues or replacement issues arrive way way faster than subscriber issues which is a death sentence for magazine subscriptions if you ask me.

Even in this time one can certainly start sending out those long postponed magazines if one cares about subscriber renewals.

Wrong priorities it seems.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:45 am

To sum my most recent fun experiences:

RG #208 - supposedly the first one that ought to be shipped to non-UK subscribers again, store date June 11th:

- sub issue: didn't get a dispatch email, no link to digital, has yet to arrive (not expecting that to happen any time soon, to be honest)
- single issue: ordered on June 11th, dispatched on June 11th, arrived on June 16th or 17th, I believe.

Edge #347 - no idea if that actual does get shipped yet, but I guess it should, store date June 18th:

- sub issue: no dispatch email, no link to digital, not arrived yet (used to come in much faster than RG, but it's admitteld only about a week yet).
- single issue: ordered on June 19th, dispatched on June 22nd, arrived today (so June 27th)

And obviously the two months before, sub issue were held back, but single issues arrived in around the same time frame, I think the longest delivery time was some 9 days after dispatch and one issue of Edge for unexplainable reasons took over a week until dispatch.

As written in another thread: Sure, subs are (at times much) cheaper, but I'm pretty sure quite a few customers would happily pay more if the delivery speed and reliability would be at least somewhat close to the single issue treatment.

Boulder

Post by Boulder » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:14 am

I got my sub #208 on Wednesday or Thursday to Finland. I do not hope to see the missing magazines any time soon.

Rory Milne

Post by Rory Milne » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:28 am

So would the solution for the vast majority of non-UK subscribers be the option of choosing either low-cost standard delivery or single-issue price express delivery when they set up their subscriptions?

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:34 pm

Rory Milne wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:28 am
So would the solution for the vast majority of non-UK subscribers be the option of choosing either low-cost standard delivery or single-issue price express delivery when they set up their subscriptions?
I just can say I would welcome the choice and certainly take the "pay more, get it quick" option. And I believe enough other subscribers well, too.

But unfortuntaley it's a moot point because Future will never offer that choice and hoping otherwise would be foolish.

Charco

Post by Charco » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:26 am

I received issue 208 this morning in the post here in Ireland. Still no sign of my back issues though :(

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:02 pm

Weblaus wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:34 pm
I just can say I would welcome the choice and certainly take the "pay more, get it quick" option. And I believe enough other subscribers well, too.
L yes!

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:14 am

So it almost feels like we're really back to normal in a way: Still no #208 in my mailbox, while a fellow German subscriber living about 30-40 miles away got his last Tuesday.

This has happened frequently happened before the virus as well and I really would like to know what Future is doing that it's possible to get such spread out delivery times in the same country (to not: these issues are not shipped from the UK, but through a re-distributor located in Germany, making this an even more absurd situation).

maibock

Post by maibock » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:08 pm

Has anyone gotten any updates for US subscribers?

Received issue 205 about 3 months ago and that was that. My subscription ended in June so re-subscribed. Still nothing. Emailed twice over 2 weeks ago with zero response. Their Twitter is not accepting DMs. I'm at a loss.

Any ideas? Quite frustrated with the lack of communication..

Thanks

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:28 pm

maibock wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:08 pm
Has anyone gotten any updates for US subscribers?
My understanding is the following:

I received #205 on April 25, and end of the month is typical.

As far as I know, no international subscriber has received #206 or #207. They were held back to be shipped together later, with no word on when.

Some international subscribers have begun receiving #208. I suspect US subscribers will see that issue by the end of the month.

I have likewise received no reply from customer service. You can use the online system to declare missing issues, and I believe that will work. However, you will not get the subscriber cover as a replacement. I have not used that option yet, but may do so soon.

Access to digital copies of all missing issues have been made available via email.

maibock

Post by maibock » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:49 pm

Ok cool - thanks.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Well I've noticed since covid issues that things are taking way longer to arrive. Bought a couple of issues of Fusion, and they took 3-4 months. I know that is the system because Fusion books is extremely reliable and you can set your watch by them.

Bought a single issue of RG off My fave magazines site, and that's still no non appearance after a month, things are just all over the place at the moment.

My main pet peeve with the My fave mag site is these bloody discount vouchers. I got emailed a deal over the weekend for a great discount on selected RG bookazines. 24 hours only. So thought I'd grab a couple I didn't have- Coupon 'invalid.' This isn't the first time, even though I know it is legit, they sent it to me! I emailed, but know I would never get a reply in time to be able to utilise it....yep, it has now gone from 'invalid' or 'expired!' Arrrgghh Lol