Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Antiriad2097

Re: Today

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:44 am

I'm glad it's Friday, as I'm working from home so it'll soon be the weekend. One of my mates that works alongside me is on furlough at 100% pay, spawny get.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:18 am

Back to work now

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:56 am

Today is my mums 70th,
Family went round hers, but kept outside with the required distance.
Not the way we planned to celebrate it, but it's nice to see most of the family making an effort and those that couldn't be there video calling in.

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Mon May 04, 2020 10:28 am

Tonight I Edited & Uploaded another video, that's 2 in 2 days which is pretty good.
Both Videos I tried to Speedrun through weeks and months of footage but I failed both times miserably.
(I am 6 months behind with what I've filmed to what I am editing.(meaning I am not even up to last year's Halloween night!))
:cry: I always uncheck the add signature button, looks like this time I have forgotten!!! :D

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Tue May 05, 2020 10:59 pm

Edited The Halloween night video, and before that I asked a Band if I may use their song demos in my videos and they said yes!!!
https://beastimpalor.bandcamp.com/
I am using their 2013 Demo and also the song 'Zoo'... but I didn't ask for the Spooky Scary Skeletons song as that may be copyrighted if I used it on the Youtube.

MattySlug

Re: Tonight

Post by MattySlug » Wed May 06, 2020 9:26 am

It's currently 11:23PM Local time, I am unsure what to do.
I am overwhelmed with the current state of my room I might go spend 5 or so minutes to once again re-arrange and so forth.
I am using the Windows 10 Laptop, I cannot be bothered closing it a putting on the Windows 7 Laptop to Edit videos but I do really want to.
Ah I don't know, I really should be using my recently bought PS3 console!
:cry: I always uncheck the add signature button, looks like this time I have forgotten!!! :D

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Thu May 07, 2020 2:36 am

Edited another Video today which is unusual as I usually do it at night.
It's quite good although I haven't tested it out yet.
It will be my 250th current upload!!!
(But I have deleted a few over the years due to copyright and such.)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu May 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Today, I think the lack of a good nights sleep and trying to have a regular schedule is getting to me, going to bed tried, but ending up not getting to sleep, tried to go early (about 10pm) last night, 11pm, still awake, put about an hour of sleep music on, still not a sleep, roll on about half one im wide awake, decide to get out of bed and just put some "Background noise" documentaries (about buildings) roll on about 4am finally doze off on the sofa soon after, tried to get up at 9, feck no wake up at about 11 with the parrot nibbling at my face.

My bicycle is still iffy, fix one problem, another starts up, id sort another one, but I have no idea when I am going to have work coming in and I dont have a means of transport to get to any jobs on the other side of town (sod busses/trams they only make me late for things) I kinda need to get out, but I don't have anywhere to go, id walk somewhere, but everywhere I can walk to I have already done
Tidied the hell out of my flat, it's a mess again, everything is organised, but it's a mess.
Getting stressed out over things, cant do any projects when im like this
Urgh

MattySlug

Re: Today / This Morning.

Post by MattySlug » Fri May 08, 2020 11:36 pm

"Woke up on the wrong side of the bed" This Morning...
But I've since turned it around and am currently having a good day so far since the bad first Hour.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sat May 09, 2020 9:45 am

Pissed..
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

Nin10dofan

Post by Nin10dofan » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:08 pm

@oldtimer where is gamestation

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:04 am

Nin10dofan wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:08 pm
@oldtimer where is gamestation
Nowhere now. i meant i bought them years ago from gamestation.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:05 am

Today I am starting the thing that is, seeing how meany courses I can get for free via Universal Credit back to work nonsense

FLT? Sign me up Warehouse logistics, WHY THE SMEG NOT!!

Yes im leaching, yes I am technically in a job (0 hour) but as im not currently doing anything productive might as well.
(its also mostly online so I dont need to put trousers on)

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:40 am

DPrinny wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:05 am
Today I am starting the thing that is, seeing how meany courses I can get for free via Universal Credit back to work nonsense

FLT? Sign me up Warehouse logistics, WHY THE SMEG NOT!!

Yes im leaching, yes I am technically in a job (0 hour) but as im not currently doing anything productive might as well.
(its also mostly online so I dont need to put trousers on)
Got no problem with that at all, only thing though was I voulenteered to do that as a Job seeker years ago and rather than acctually initiate training they spent months just sticking me with mandatory job searches on Computers on their last legs in a room in the midst of the town centre which they had to pay the transport for (it was literally during the recession so there wasn't vacancies anywhere, even in the fast food places) where I was already doing the exact same thing at home with full documented proof and to this day I've still never had a FLT license and the courses they had me do for numeracy and litracey were not reconised by most companies and are now null and void anyway as they are over 5 years old, nearly 10.
Watching you sleep since 1990

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:09 am

Sega2006 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:40 am

Got no problem with that at all, only thing though was I voulenteered to do that as a Job seeker years ago and rather than acctually initiate training they spent months just sticking me with mandatory job searches on Computers on their last legs in a room in the midst of the town centre which they had to pay the transport for (it was literally during the recession so there wasn't vacancies anywhere, even in the fast food places) where I was already doing the exact same thing at home with full documented proof and to this day I've still never had a FLT license and the courses they had me do for numeracy and litracey were not reconised by most companies and are now null and void anyway as they are over 5 years old, nearly 10.
Have to do a English and maths one, I might point out to them how hard it is to read all that text and most of it I'm skimming, clicking and getting right. Giving my eyes a rest from the blinding whiteness of the website (#Blackwebpagesmatter, well they need to give an alt colour scheme )

Ive been to one of them back to work scams in the past, I got put on A4E, turn up at 10am in a building till 5 for job search.
We where given a newspaper and had to wait to use the computer, one per room, room had about 20+ people.
It got really fun when in the middle of a hot summer they moved us to what could be called an "attic" no air flow unless we opened the windows. This was ok till abut midday when a fast food place started blowing out smoke from its little chimney smoking out the room. No computer in this room so we where down to just a news paper that had no job listings in it
5 flights of stairs, we wernt allowed to use the lift as one "censored head" decided to vandalise it,
I was "Technically" employed on a zero hour contract. think ive said all this before.

The owners got done for fraud
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32139244