Turbografx Mini/PC Engine Mini

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ToxieDogg

Re: Turbografx Mini/PC Engine Mini

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:43 am

Well even though Amazon have cancelled my mini console, looks like I'm still om track to get the spare controller and multitap I preordered with it. :lol:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:52 am

ToxieDogg wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:43 am
Well even though Amazon have cancelled my mini console, looks like I'm still om track to get the spare controller and multitap I preordered with it. :lol:
Cancelled? I had an email saying they didn't have a delivery date.
Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on December 23 2019 (Order# '). We don't have an estimated delivery date for the items below. We'll provide you with periodic updates on your delivery date, and notify you as soon as the items are ready to dispatch.

"PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini (Exclusive to Amazon)"

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this delay.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:21 pm

Figure of speech. Yeah, I just mean getting them this Friday is cancelled. We'll still get them in a couple of months or so. And I'll have a spare controller to stare at until then :lol:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:49 am

ToxieDogg wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:21 pm
Figure of speech. Yeah, I just mean getting them this Friday is cancelled. We'll still get them in a couple of months or so. And I'll have a spare controller to stare at until then :lol:
Consider it a sneak peak of what the build quality is like at least. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:23 am

There's a new Retronauts on the PC Engine, Patreons should have it now, everyone else a week later.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:54 pm

I have a few friends who own multiple PC Engines and CD rom and practically ever Hu card and cd game so I’ve played them all. The problem for me with the PC Engine mini is no Legendary Axe 2, Magical Chase, Tricky Kick, Dragon Egg, Double Dragon 2, Slyphia or Legend of Hero Tomma (even though other item games are present. Even the recently CD game FX Yuki would be a class addition as not many people would have played it.

Also the inclusion of a Japanese language Snatcher whilst nice is a bit baffling as it’s unplayable unless you can read Japanese.

Dungeon Explorer is a nice game that I’m glad is including as well as Soldier Blade possibly one of the best shooters I’ve played on any system
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:48 am

I've cancelled my preorder for the console and additional pad. I got an email from Amazon last night saying the release date of the extra pad and multitap is now 31st December 2020.

so I've decided to cancel it all and see if it comes out this year.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:46 am

AceGrace wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:48 am
I've cancelled my preorder for the console and additional pad. I got an email from Amazon last night saying the release date of the extra pad and multitap is now 31st December 2020.

so I've decided to cancel it all and see if it comes out this year.
I wonder if thats just a place holder?
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:11 am

Shinobi wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:54 pm
I have a few friends who own multiple PC Engines and CD rom and practically ever Hu card and cd game so I’ve played them all. The problem for me with the PC Engine mini is no Legendary Axe 2, Magical Chase, Tricky Kick, Dragon Egg, Double Dragon 2, Slyphia or Legend of Hero Tomma (even though other item games are present. Even the recently CD game FX Yuki would be a class addition as not many people would have played it.

Also the inclusion of a Japanese language Snatcher whilst nice is a bit baffling as it’s unplayable unless you can read Japanese.

Dungeon Explorer is a nice game that I’m glad is including as well as Soldier Blade possibly one of the best shooters I’ve played on any system
This will be hacked like every other Mini, and you'll be able to add those games with ease.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:52 pm

These minis are terrific little machines, and make for brilliant little collectibles that are fun with a good little library of games on each.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:10 am

Couple of friends bought there’s from Amazon Japan. Said there not as good as the proper hardware but a nice collectible.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:13 pm

Apparently now some US orders have started showing up too, so probably not much longer for us either.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:03 am

I'd prefer the PC Engine one - the others don't look as good - however, it was my dream to own one when it came out, so I'll get one of these... even if the extra pad is very expensive.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

batman877

Post by batman877 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:51 pm

Still got my pre-order... hopefully we’ll have it by the summer. Can’t wait.

Major Havoc

Post by Major Havoc » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:07 pm

For what it’s worth, I took the plunge and ordered a (European) version of the PC Engine CoreGrafx mini from Amazon Japan (they sell all three versions) on April 9th and it literally arrived here in the UK just 5 days later (despite global events!) about a week earlier than forecast. They do force you to use Global Priority Shipping (which includes custom fees) but even so the total only came to just under £110.

This is the first time I’ve played any PC Engine games, but off hand it looks and feels just as professional as the Nintendo and Sega mini console equivalents. Akumajō Dracula X: Chi no Rondo, Parasol Stars and Galaga 88 (with autofire) are getting a lot of play at the moment. :D

ALK wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:02 pm
That said, are these Mini consoles easy to play when importing one? I know they mostly use a micro USB cable for power, but if I plugged the USB cable into a UK AC Adapter, it won't fry the US Turbografx Mini right?
You should be fine. I think all the ‘mini’ consoles require the same reduced voltage (use any 5V adapter), so the country of origin is no longer a factor. :wink: