What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ALK

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by ALK » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:49 pm

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country

100%-ed, thats New Game+, every side quest and everything maxed out.

Now onto regular Xenoblade 2's New Game+ to do the same!
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:12 am

ALK wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:49 pm

I have this on my backlog pile. Out of interest, how big is the game roughly? Perhaps as a percentage of XC2.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:13 pm

pratty wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:12 am
ALK wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:49 pm

I have this on my backlog pile. Out of interest, how big is the game roughly? Perhaps as a percentage of XC2.
About half of XC2. I beat it in 30 hours for my first run. If you wanna do a New Game+ run and 100% it all, my total playtime was 65+ hours.

There's definitely plenty to do for a prequel DLC campaign, if you enjoyed XC2 you should certainly get a kick out of this.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:29 am

Thanks, that's good to know, yeah I'm sure I'll enjoy it, I loved XC2 and put 100s of hours into it, still haven't done everything either.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:23 am

Ive just completed Halo3 on 360 after a very long break from it.
Id forgotton all about it untill a few days ago so thought i would give it a bash and finish it.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:41 pm

Doom beat that robotic implants Baron of Hell on steroids by hiding in the door and shooting it. I’m on thy flesh consumed. Never played a doom game before I waste a lot of time looking for secrets.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:42 am

Finished my second play through of shenmue 3. Mopped up all the trophies on this run.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:46 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:41 pm
Doom beat that robotic implants Baron of Hell on steroids by hiding in the door and shooting it. I’m on thy flesh consumed. Never played a doom game before I waste a lot of time looking for secrets.
Thy Flesh Consumed is much harder than the other chapters, I've had to lower the difficulty to get through it.

Completed another character's story arc on The Fruit Of Grisaia (Sachi), just got Makina's to do now. And then still got the whole Labyrinth Of Grisaia, Eden Of Grisaia and all the side stories to do afterwards. 130 hours on it so far, probably the most time I've ever spent on a visual novel :shock:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:04 am

ToxieDogg wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:46 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:41 pm
Thy Flesh Consumed is much harder than the other chapters, I've had to lower the difficulty to get through it.

Completed another character's story arc on The Fruit Of Grisaia (Sachi), just got Makina's to do now. And then still got the whole Labyrinth Of Grisaia, Eden Of Grisaia and all the side stories to do afterwards. 130 hours on it so far, probably the most time I've ever spent on a visual novel :shock:
It did seem incredibly hard with limited ammo forcing me into make Hells spawn kill each other. Then opened a secret room with about 8 Barons of Hell and a ton of those invisible pink beasts

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:28 pm

I just 1cc’ed Megadrive Altered Beast. It was ridiculously easy Even though health doesn’t replenish collecting orbs orbs like PC Engine cd version.. The first boss actually seems the hardest with the last boss being the easiest. Duck and punch and you kill it instantly
Last edited by Shinobi on Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

RichL

Post by RichL » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:25 am

Halo on legendary. Again.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:28 am

140 hours later and I'm done with Yakuza 7. And already I want to play another Yakuza... oh well, I have several that I need to replay, so at least I'll never run out!

Also, since finishing Yakuza and no longer being tied down to it, I finished:
Unravel - beautiful platformer with some clever puzzles. Still hate that final level in the snow though.

Unravel 2 - just as beautiful and I found it interesting how they changed up the game to have the puzzles focus around two playable characters. Its fantastic, more great levels and it feels like a decent (but short) sequel to the first game.

Little Nightmares - LOVED this one. Bizarre atmosphere, decent puzzles and great level design. Decent DLC as well, though not quite as great as the main game.

DOOM (2016) - DId a quick replay of this before Eternal releases. Enjoyed it just as much, the mix of fast paced action and surprisingly decent exploration for secrets still makes this my favourite FPS in years.

Super Mario Bros - Got a Famciom copy of the game, ended up playing it through twice, no continues. Still my favourite game ever.

Castlevania Chronicles - Really liked this sorta remake but not really of the original Castlevania for the X68000. The werewolf boss halfway through the game is one of my favourites in the series for how cool and intense it is.

Mega Man Zero 1&2 - as part of the new collection, I started replaying these. Cleared Zero 1 with an A rank, and am currently replaying Z2 to likewise get the A rank having already cleared it with a lowly D rank. A rank runs undoubtedly make the games more fun - more restricted on your health, more moves for bosses so it means its far harder - and for me - more fun because of it. Then it'll be onto Zero 3...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

pratty

Post by pratty » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:44 pm

Finished the DLC story of Fire Emblem Three Houses, it was ok but not as good as the main game.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:54 am

EA's Star Wars Battlefront- ............KINDA.

I nabbed all the online based achievements which is the bulk of the game so I consider it beaten at least. On the completionist side of things, I still have 3 offline achievements, half the dioramas I don't care that much for, and a few outfits, but I'll probably go back to those next Christmas which is when I normally return to this game anyway (Usually when new SW films come out and Hoth is snowy, so its Christmas-y enough! :lol: )

Its a fun game when its a fair fight. Lot of matches with people who are gods at this game and some achievements needed help (Most Kills on Blast can bugger off.) but can't say I didnt have fun playing it. Main reason I did play it longer after December was I discovered you could change the matchmaking region and the US severs were far more populated with players in the DLC stuff, so I could finally nab those achievements.

Think I'll play a little bit of Battlefront 2 and its story mode since I did buy its Celebration upgrade DLC thingy recently. And then I am done with Star Wars games for awhile. Both Force Unleashed games and now this, I just need time off from SW now. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:12 am

Finished the spiderman Dlc. Really enjoyed it but glad I got it on sale. Full price would have been a bit steep for what you get.