Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25026
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Today

Post by DPrinny » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:50 am

Today, I seem to be back "Off the wagon" because "Reasons" we can't discuss on this site.
Is it normal to be looking up technical details and console modes when tipsy?

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6328
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Re: Today

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:59 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:50 am
Today, I seem to be back "Off the wagon" because "Reasons" we can't discuss on this site.
Is it normal to be looking up technical details and console modes when tipsy?
If it's one of your hobbies then yes, I've pretty much searched for cars and built entire modification plans for them whilst on it.

Today after my sleeping pattern going completely haywire for the umptienth time ended up having to go to bed in the middle of the afternoon due to my eyes going mental, possibly strain or pressure related, I'm feeling a little better now after taking my full compliment of meds, If I can't get back to sleep I'll try and get on with the projects on the desk currently.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Nin10dofan
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:11 pm
Location: Dublin, ireland

Re: Today

Post by Nin10dofan » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:06 pm

Today I bought a Desktop to play pc games.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25026
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Today

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:18 pm

today I had an interview with the Museum

Im becoming one of the exhibits.......

Not really, im becoming a cleaner there

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6328
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Re: Today

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:22 pm

Good stuff, could see the information card, The Retro Gamer (Retrous playus).

Myself just more of the usual, tried to force myself to stay awake to correct my sleeping patterns and worked on a scratch made patch, the KMZ symbol which is the maker of my Zorki 4 which I shot more pictures with than any other, it's taking forever though as I don't have access to a machine so its 100% hand stitched.
Watching you sleep since 1990

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25026
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Today

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:36 pm

Sega2006 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:22 pm
Good stuff, could see the information card, The Retro Gamer (Retrous playus).
If they did have a retro tech section id be a proper shoe in for presenter.

Its not the Manchester museum, its the Science museum
The former my special skill of "Being ok round corospes" would be great for

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6328
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Re: Today

Post by Sega2006 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:27 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:36 pm
Sega2006 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:22 pm
Good stuff, could see the information card, The Retro Gamer (Retrous playus).
If they did have a retro tech section id be a proper shoe in for presenter.

Its not the Manchester museum, its the Science museum
The former my special skill of "Being ok round corospes" would be great for
I understand being uncomftable around family or friends bodies as it can stir up emotion (I went with my parents to the chapel of rest when my Grandad passed) but otherwise theres no need to be so uneasy, they can't hurt you and places like cemetaries are just places of peace and eternal rest.
Science isn't so bad though, was oddly one of the subjects I really excelled at despite not overly getting on with the teachers (can still remember the stench of one over a decade on), some of the physics and chem stuff can be quite fun to carry out.
Watching you sleep since 1990

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6328
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Re: Today

Post by Sega2006 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:32 pm

Today I played Solitaire with actual cards for the first time, naturally lost and noticed how bad at shuffling I am with mini cards (using these as can do it on my lap vs needing to lean over a table).

Need to think of some games to teach myself, the whole Cardistry things beyond me although the pretty cards have made me order a new full size deck of Bee cards which are the type the Vegas Casinos use although obviously sans Casino logo as those can only be bought used and marked by drilling a hole or shaving a corner again for obvious reasons.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Nin10dofan
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:11 pm
Location: Dublin, ireland

Re: Today

Post by Nin10dofan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:38 pm

Today I bought yet another zombie defence HD. great game. Does anyone know any other great games like this on switch. I mean the game just jumped out at me when I looked at the gameplay on eshop. Only €2 for it

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25026
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Today

Post by DPrinny » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:21 pm

Today, i painted a Cacodemon and made a "Music" track titled "Bollocks"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33rlQ4T ... e=youtu.be

User avatar
oldtimer
Posts: 2800
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Sunnyvale California I WISH !!

Re: Today

Post by oldtimer » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:35 am

Today i spent a couple of hours on ebay valueing some consoles i bought a few years ago.
Staggered at the prices of boxed Atari Jaguars (bought from Gamestation for £15 each )bought two .
And a Nintendo Virtual boy (bought from gamestation £55 with 1x game) stupid money now even for unworking ones .
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25026
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Today

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:19 am

oldtimer wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:35 am
Today i spent a couple of hours on ebay valueing some consoles i bought a few years ago.
Staggered at the prices of boxed Atari Jaguars (bought from Gamestation for £15 each )bought two .
And a Nintendo Virtual boy (bought from gamestation £55 with 1x game) stupid money now even for unworking ones .
Yeah the prices have gone way over what they should be, other things are lowering in price. (2600 remains, worthless)

Collectors must have these things

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6328
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Re: Today

Post by Sega2006 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:06 am

DPrinny wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:19 am
oldtimer wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:35 am
Today i spent a couple of hours on ebay valueing some consoles i bought a few years ago.
Staggered at the prices of boxed Atari Jaguars (bought from Gamestation for £15 each )bought two .
And a Nintendo Virtual boy (bought from gamestation £55 with 1x game) stupid money now even for unworking ones .
Yeah the prices have gone way over what they should be, other things are lowering in price. (2600 remains, worthless)

Collectors must have these things
Theres probably more of them than any other machine given how long they had them in production albiet reshelled
Watching you sleep since 1990

User avatar
Arnie
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Today

Post by Arnie » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:49 am

I'm still stuck indoors 🙄

User avatar
oldtimer
Posts: 2800
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Sunnyvale California I WISH !!

Re: Today

Post by oldtimer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:10 am

I drank beer n sat outside and did feck all (again)
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests