Is the forum in decline?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Crusty Starfish

Re: Is the forum in decline?

Post by Crusty Starfish » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:46 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:06 pm
A member of the forum who preferred to remain illiterate said about the banned members "I no'd them alryt, an I foned Darren an narkd them up!I hope they brakes roks in the hot sun and don get out of the Canteen til there 65!" Then they’d really be Retro..
Is that some sort of joke post or is someone really that bad at spelling?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:00 am

Could be worse. Could create a sad alter ego and spend ages posting as that person thinking its funny

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:13 am

Crusty Starfish wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:46 pm
Shinobi wrote:
A member of the forum who preferred to remain illiterate said about the banned members "I no'd them alryt, an I foned Darren an narkd them up!I hope they brakes roks in the hot sun and don get out of the Canteen til there 65!" Then they’d really be Retro..
It’s a running joke between myself and a few friends

I follow my local Newspaper and Police force on Facebook and the amount of people who talk like that - and think it’s normal..

Btw that Atari book you and Greyfox are working on when will it be released..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:02 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:13 am
Crusty Starfish wrote:
Shinobi wrote:

I follow my local Newspaper and Police force on Facebook and the amount of people who talk like that - and think it’s normal..

:? Atari book? I like to research bits n bobs but it's highly unlikely I'd ever write a book! I did back the Greyfox book though.
Edit: and I'm not even an Atari fanboy! C64 walks all over 99% of anything ever produced on an A8
Last edited by Crusty Starfish on Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:05 pm

psj3809 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:00 am
Could be worse. Could create a sad alter ego and spend ages posting as that person thinking its funny
Who's that aimed at?

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:54 pm

Crusty Starfish wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:02 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:13 am
Crusty Starfish wrote:

:? Atari book? I like to research bits n bobs but it's highly unlikely I'd ever write a book! I did back the Greyfox book though.
Edit: and I'm not even an Atari fanboy! C64 walks all over 99% of anything ever produced on an A8
Just to explain theres a Sister Forum called Retro Canteen which was basically an unmoderated forum created by banned members from here.

I was speaking to Greyfox on Facebook and asked him if Vulture would be freelancing. Long story short he said Ross/Vulture wasn’t writing as he wanted more professional writers who play/own the original hardware no emulation allowed ..

I probably misread his post and he meant you where a backer I had a habit of mid reading things.
Last edited by Shinobi on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm

Right! Ok, I kinda get it! So just to confirm, I don't personally know Greyfox and I am not an ex member Vulture.

It is good though if Greyfox can remember me as a backer! Like I said, I'm no Atari fanboy but I do like well done research.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:33 pm

Crusty Starfish wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm
Right! Ok, I kinda get it! So just to confirm, I don't personally know Greyfox and I am not an ex member Vulture.

It is good though if Greyfox can remember me as a backer! Like I said, I'm no Atari fanboy but I do like well done research.
Sorry about that as I was proofreading/editing my post you replied. It’s hard writing a coherent message on the phone when I can only see 2 lines. I’m sending you a pm

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:37 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:33 pm
Crusty Starfish wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm

Sorry about that as I was proofreading/editing my post you replied. It’s hard writing a coherent message on the phone when I can only see 2 lines. I’m sending you a pm
No worries. I'm just a boring retro gamer!

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:40 am

Did I miss something about the "other" forum? I didn't know most of the stuff I've read here. I must've joined up late or something.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

NickThorpe

Post by NickThorpe » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:24 am

This all happened a couple of years ago and to be honest, it really needs to be put behind us. I strongly suspect that many of the banned members (you know, the ones who haven't already registered new accounts) probably have no desire to come back, and there's not going to be any change in the "no religion, no politics" rule.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:46 pm

^Pretty much that.
Sodem
(Not the guy from Final Fight)
Elgin_McQueen wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:40 am
Did I miss something about the "other" forum? I didn't know most of the stuff I've read here. I must've joined up late or something.
Dont go there, tis a place where walls of text and shitposting happen.

I know some of its users still look on here like it's some kind of obsession so "Hello"

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:41 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:46 pm
^Pretty much that.
Sodem
(Not the guy from Final Fight)
Elgin_McQueen wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:40 am
Dont go there, tis a place where walls of text and shitposting happen.

I know some of its users still look on here like it's some kind of obsession so "Hello"
That's what confuses me, I use that "other" forum all the time. Your description of it sounds pretty accurate, none of the previous stuff I'm reading sounds right though.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

NickThorpe

Post by NickThorpe » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:48 pm

I understand that some members may hold different opinions about events that have taken place elsewhere, but please don't use this forum to continue external drama. We're quite capable of making our own.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:41 pm

Hello, weird to see my old thread revived from 2014 :)