Nintendo Switch Discussion

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ALK
Posts: 2950
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by ALK » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:31 pm

House of the Dead 1+2 might be getting remade.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/ ... C6qzZKDgC0
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:20 am

We can only hope sales of these drive them to rerelease Overkill, which is a far better game. I have the Wii version, but I'd be up for a shiny new HD release on Switch, even just porting from PS3 would do.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

ALK
Posts: 2950
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by ALK » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:24 am

True, but I'd be happy to see a better home console version of HOTD1 at least, considering the code for the arcade original is lost and the Saturn version is not that good.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

pratty
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by pratty » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:58 am

Quite a few decent e-shop deals at the mo, I'm eyeing up Transistor for £3 myself.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by Shinobi » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:54 am

ALK wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:31 pm
House of the Dead 1+2 might be getting remade.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/ ... C6qzZKDgC0
They really need to release House of the Dead 4 as well. Any idea if they will release some kind of light gun or will it use a single joy con?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ALK
Posts: 2950
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by ALK » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:53 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:54 am
ALK wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:31 pm
House of the Dead 1+2 might be getting remade.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/ ... C6qzZKDgC0
They really need to release House of the Dead 4 as well. Any idea if they will release some kind of light gun or will it use a single joy con?
At the moment its still listed a rumor/unconfirmed, so we have to wait till SEGA says something or something more concrete gets leaked, but considering I saw SEGA of Europe post comments in Tweets about it on Twitter, could be likely.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by Shinobi » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:30 pm

ALK wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:53 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:54 am
ALK wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:31 pm
House of the Dead 1+2 might be getting remade.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/ ... C6qzZKDgC0
They really need to release House of the Dead 4 as well. Any idea if they will release some kind of light gun or will it use a single joy con?
At the moment its still listed a rumor/unconfirmed, so we have to wait till SEGA says something or something more concrete gets leaked, but considering I saw SEGA of Europe post comments in Tweets about it on Twitter, could be likely.
If Nintendo Life reports something it’s normally the case, I’m curious to how accurate the joy cons will be as a gun.

I see Dreamcast Sturmwind has also been mentioned as getting a Switch release.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Crusty Starfish
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by Crusty Starfish » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:12 pm

As soon as a date for a new Pikmin pops up, I'll be getting a Switch - although having HOTD games would also seal the deal.

User avatar
Matt_B
Posts: 5250
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 am
Location: 5 minutes from the beach, 30 seconds from the pub

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by Matt_B » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:40 pm

The IR camera on the right Joycon is at least as good as a Wiimote for pointer control in TV mode. Not sure about handheld though; maybe they can offer Typing of the Dead via the touchscreen?

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by Shinobi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:28 am

That’s good to know Matt as I found Wii Remotes far more accurate then light guns.

Hopefully Namco does a HD remake of its PS3 light gun trilogy Dead Storm Pirates
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11091
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:56 am

Deadstorm Pirates on the PS3 was a blast to play. Some of the worst voice acting this side of HOTD2 (which means its excellent). I hope the port/remake of HOTD1 turns out good, would be nice having something better than the Saturn port to play.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7522
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by Shinobi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:48 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:56 am
Deadstorm Pirates on the PS3 was a blast to play. Some of the worst voice acting this side of HOTD2 (which means its excellent). I hope the port/remake of HOTD1 turns out good, would be nice having something better than the Saturn port to play.
It’s funny how HOTD1 which a lot of people consider the best in the series (myself included) only got a Saturn port. Very skilful game that can be 1cc’Ed and quite short adding to replay value..

Have you played Fight and Rage on the Switch it’s a awesome arcade scrolling fighter mixture of Final Fight, Streets of Rage 2, Battletoads and Road of the Sword
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11091
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:13 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:48 pm
ShadowMan wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:56 am
Deadstorm Pirates on the PS3 was a blast to play. Some of the worst voice acting this side of HOTD2 (which means its excellent). I hope the port/remake of HOTD1 turns out good, would be nice having something better than the Saturn port to play.
It’s funny how HOTD1 which a lot of people consider the best in the series (myself included) only got a Saturn port. Very skilful game that can be 1cc’Ed and quite short adding to replay value..

Have you played Fight and Rage on the Switch it’s a awesome arcade scrolling fighter mixture of Final Fight, Streets of Rage 2, Battletoads and Road of the Sword
Nope, not played Fight and Rage yet, its on the list, but I've been working on Evil Within (not on Switch) lately so everything else has kinda taken a back seat. Unfortunately I can't play HOTD1 proper on my Saturn because the lightgun has a huge deadzone on my TV, making it impossible to shoot enemies in one corner of the screen :( Almost finished it once though!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ALK
Posts: 2950
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by ALK » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:49 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:48 pm
ShadowMan wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:56 am
Deadstorm Pirates on the PS3 was a blast to play. Some of the worst voice acting this side of HOTD2 (which means its excellent). I hope the port/remake of HOTD1 turns out good, would be nice having something better than the Saturn port to play.
It’s funny how HOTD1 which a lot of people consider the best in the series (myself included) only got a Saturn port. Very skilful game that can be 1cc’Ed and quite short adding to replay value..
Because the original code for the arcade version is lost. Same case with Panzar Dragoon, hence finally being remade from the ground up.

From what I understand, the Saturn HOTD1 was rushed, hence not being as good.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
Matt_B
Posts: 5250
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 am
Location: 5 minutes from the beach, 30 seconds from the pub

Re: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by Matt_B » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:57 pm

There's also a PC version of the original HOTD game. It has similar issues to the Saturn port apparently, was only ever released on CD, and you'd probably need Windows 98 to run it.

I'm not sure how they managed to lose the source either, as it's not like it was made in the era where backups had to be made to floppy disc. Still, if a rewrite is the only way, I guess that would explain why we've had to wait so long.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests