Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Nin10dofan

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Nin10dofan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:26 pm

Hello
I'm ALAN I'm from dublin. i'v been playing games for ever first machine I had was a zx spectrum 48k, then a machine called a VC 4000 with pinball and pong, then a ATARI 2600, a +2A spectrum and lots more , I don't do much else except computer games , I work in horticulture and greenkeeping, I spend all my money on computer games,

Nin10dofan

Post by Nin10dofan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:52 pm

I know I introduced myself already . But I just have a question for anyone , could you tell me what forums people are using. What I mean, is there a forum that gets used a lot .✏✏✏✏✏

79tidus

Post by 79tidus » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:54 am

Hello there! My name is Davide and I come from Bordighera (Italy), I'm 40 years old and I collect Vg since 1986.

Been playing games a long time, so it's kind of hard to list out everything I'm into but I'll put forward a few of my absolute series: Zelda, Final Fantasy, Streets of Rage, Phantasy Star, Mega Man, Castlevania, Mario, Metroid, Senran Kagura, Street Fighter, Doom, Diablo, Monster Hunter, Forza, Gears of War, Halo, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Gear, Contra, Lunar .....haha, yeah it just goes on.

I already seen a lot of impressive collection full of "hot items" and press kit I'd love to own myself!

Anyway I decided to present myself to the community and show off my collection, mostly based on Metal Gear and Final Fantasy items.

Nin10dofan

Post by Nin10dofan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:56 pm

79tidus wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:54 am
Hello there! My name is Davide and I come from Bordighera (Italy), I'm 40 years old and I collect Vg since 1986.

Been playing games a long time, so it's kind of hard to list out everything I'm into but I'll put forward a few of my absolute series: Zelda, Final Fantasy, Streets of Rage, Phantasy Star, Mega Man, Castlevania, Mario, Metroid, Senran Kagura, Street Fighter, Doom, Diablo, Monster Hunter, Forza, Gears of War, Halo, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Gear, Contra, Lunar .....haha, yeah it just goes on.

I already seen a lot of impressive collection full of "hot items" and press kit I'd love to own myself!

Anyway I decided to present myself to the community and show off my collection, mostly based on Metal Gear and Final Fantasy items.
I see your a big phantasy star fan is that on gamecube . Could you tell me how do I set up my broadband adaptor to my router , and get the game working

79tidus

Post by 79tidus » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:10 am

I played the Dreamcast version !

tomoxy123

Post by tomoxy123 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:30 am

Hi everyone, just thought I'd say Hi and introduce myself:

I'm a fan of the magazine which I have been buying for a couple of years now and have recently started playing some of my favourite classic games - mainly from the PS1, PS2 era on Twitch. I'm always looking to connect with other games so feel free to drop on one of my streams and have a chat or just watch if you feel like it :)

I've recently streamed games like Abe's Odyssey and Rayman for PS1 and older stuff like Sonic. There's too many to list here but I try to keep it varied and even play modern stuff (upto around the PS3 era)

Anyhow hoping to have fun chats and bants about the old days of gaming.

Links are below for social media etc,

All the best,
Tomoxy

Dell_Zincht

Re:

Post by Dell_Zincht » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:45 am

Dell_Zincht wrote:
Tue May 16, 2006 11:22 am
I'm Gavin. Signed up to the forum back in december last year but only recently started posting.

I'm 22 years old, I'm a student studying Television Production at the University of Teesside, and I also work in Woolworths on the Entertainment department. I'm a huge fan of retro gaming, and I buy Retro Gamer every month. In fact, it's the only games magazine I regularly buy.

I own the following:

PS2
PSP
Sega Mega Drive
Commodore 64
Amiga 500
Sega Game Gear
Nintendo Gameboy

That it really. I'm a bit of a geek but being at Uni does give me a social life of sorts!
Remembered this forum out of the blue the other day but forgot my password and it took a while to get into the email account that I used to sign up nearly 15 years ago!

I still retro game, although I have a wife and two kids now so not as much time to get round to it, real life and all that. Stopped buying RG although I did treat myself to one of the RG "annuals" when my first child was born (I think it was a compilation of the best features, it cost a tenner I believe!)

Looking back at my old posts and they're a bit cringeworthy!

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:25 am

Trust me many of us have got some bad old posts lol, it is quieter here now though, a lot of old faces have moved on but theres a few of us still around.
Watching you sleep since 1990

MattySlug

MattySlug's Intro Post.

Post by MattySlug » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:20 am

G'day I am MattySlug from Victoria, Australia.
I make Youtube Videos for fun showing what I buy during the weeks and months.
Last Year I bought on clearance from a Local Newsagent the January 2019 Edition of Retro Gamer and over the past month or so have been reading it.
Then I found near the back of the mag that there is an online forum so I decided to look it up and so here I am!
I love buying Video Games but I struggle to get time or energy to play.

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:27 am

How many of you read Mattysluggs intro with an Ausie accent after he started it with G'day?? I did :D

Hi Matty. :)

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:16 pm

I already approve of Matty.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:55 am

Thanks to you both and everyone else on here too.

I am thinking of making a specific Retro Gaming Video so I can post it in the youtube forum here.
It would be a closer look at my Sega Mega Drive Games I have.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:48 am

Welcome to the family Matty!
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:30 pm

Thanks Ol' Timer!!!

SecondCity

Post by SecondCity » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:41 am

Hi. I live in Wiltshire, used to own an Amstrad in the 80s. Not really a part of the retro 'scene' - I rarely watch any YouTube retro stuff apart from the 'Making Of' videos by GDC. I only buy Retro Gamer now and then. But I love playing retro games. Really enjoying the Retro Virtual Machine emulator at the moment - love the virtual cassette ! And I have Launchbox too which I use to play other games.