Cancel Subscription

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

James89

Cancel Subscription

Post by James89 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:39 pm

Months after seeing someone complain about the font sizes you use in your mag and you doing nothing (what is with those captions in light orange 4pt font??)... I have decided that I for one will not be renewing. Your magazine is extremely unpleasant to read (and I don't mean the content). I'm sure the photo captions are interesting and look great when you magnify them by 600% at design time, but do you ever look at the printed product? Terrible job with design and what a shame because you do a nice job everywhere else. Goodbye!

kiwimike

Re: Cancel Subscription

Post by kiwimike » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:56 am

Fair enough.

It's understandable you would cancel a magazine you cannot read, there is little point in getting it. Personally I struggle as well with some fonts and colours- but assume I am in a minority and don't expect a magazine to change for me- if it was a problem with the majority, the majority would say so or stop buying.

Other options would be to buy a set of cheap glasses from the stores that sell cheap glasses right up to powerful 3+ and 4+ types...or perhaps go for a digital sub.

Not knocking you- I empathise as I have reading glasses too and struggle with some of the sizes. It's just if most don't have a problem, I must accept its something that isn't going to change so need to find solutions myself.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:52 am

Bye psj :cry: :cry: :cry:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:16 am

PSJ binning off the mag is not a good sign!

Yes, he's now ancient with failing eyesight and possibly incontinent, but that's the target market. None of us is getting any younger.

Maybe the senility will make him forget to cancel?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:52 am

I dunno, I just put my reading glasses on to read small text.

Well, if I had them I would. I've got varifocal contact lenses cos it's 2019.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:56 am

Is this for real? Doesn't sound like a PSJ post and he was looking forward to issue 200 last month
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

ely

Post by ely » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:11 am

He should get his eyes tested. As far as I know the font sizes haven't changed in years!

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Bub&Bob wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:56 am
Is this for real? Doesn't sound like a PSJ post and he was looking forward to issue 200 last month
Thank you for flagging this, this is being investigated.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:09 am

Hold on hold on !

Dont know what happened there !!!! That wasnt me ! I remember seeing the post by a 'one post user'.

Not me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll check it, its like the user account has switched or something. Glad i saw this now !!

You know that post wasnt me as i'm mr pro Retro gamer !!

I might have checked the ip address but no way did i click on 'change user' to me. Weird !!! Also just noticed i cant see the Mod hidden section so perhaps something weird has happened.

But nah i'm not cancelling or moaning about the font size i'm fine with it. If anything i was going to reply to say if the font increases other people will moan theres less words etc. Cant please everyone but i'm fine with the font. Still working out what must have happened, bizarre

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:02 am

That is... very strange !
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

NickThorpe

Post by NickThorpe » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:20 am

Okay, I just had a look through the moderator logs and that all checks out! It did seem strange, and the IP address didn't resolve to your usual ISP, so I was worried that someone had gained access to your account. I've restored the original poster's name and will set everything else right now.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:54 am

^Cheers fella !

Odd ! Me of all people wont be slating the mag, think people get miffed when i praise it too much ! So yeah must had looked weird and i hadnt seen it as i had been away a few days.

Anyway all sorted, cheers Nick

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:00 am

Back to Def con 3
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:51 pm

I've been getting RG since issue 35 or thereabouts and haven't ever had a problem with captions not being readable - time to get your eyes checked out for macular degeneration

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:24 am

Very twilight zone! But pleased you're staying on to share in the upcoming #200!!!!

I do struggle with some small printing, but as most don't I know that's something I have to find a solution for, and there are ways around old fart syndrome eyesight! :lol: