Re: Your New Retro Gamer Community Team

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:24 am

RetroBob wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:18 am
Sephiroth81 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:47 am
jpishgar wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:15 pm

During a recent presentation to shareholders, the one big thing that the C-suite of the company raised as most exciting was "forums". Community is of high priority, hence all the work on platform migration and the Future Community Suite. There is no move away from forums towards social media - the two are not mutually exclusive. These forums are not in any danger, and I stand firmly against the closure of any forums, so no worries. :)
I get the sense though you wouldn't exactly stand in the way of what your "Future" leadership ultimately decide! Unless it perhaps involves involuntary redundancy to your own role.....you may suddenly grow a spine then! :P
Ask yourself the same question in your job Sephiroth81.
I work for a fairly small company and don't have any sense of deference towards our directors (and they'd be embarrassed by that kind of attitude towards them anyway). If they suggested something I disagree with, I'd openly disagree with them. Maybe it would be different in a multinational company with a very clear hierarchy and leadership structure, but then again I've deliberately chosen to not work for those kinds of companies.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:31 am

jpishgar wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:49 pm
Mods are selected, next step is impaneling them.
What happened with this. I don't think I've seen any mention of new mods since and the board still just shows Nick and Daz as mods for the various sections.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Wed May 22, 2019 8:38 am

Hopefully you will not have noticed our actions!
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:38 pm

It would be useful if the community knew who the mods were should the need to PM one arose.

I occasionally do so to have spam user accounts with spammy signature lines in their profile info deleted, since we don't want those persisting on the board even tucked away in there where bots can find them and do their work.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Wed May 22, 2019 5:41 pm

I don't know the full list (looks like psj, dste, dprinny and me) but if one of us hasn't got to it yet, use the report this post to flag it for zappage.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:11 pm

I'm guessing this is just the regular limited spambusting powers to edit/delete posts, and not actual mod power to bin user accounts then?

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Thu May 23, 2019 12:40 pm

Can ban too.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:29 pm

Ok,cool.

SHaines

Post by SHaines » Tue May 28, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi there!

I'm a new-ish member of the Community Team working with Joe and Josh on helping support RetroGamer. It's a pleasure to be here! I started gaming with Zork for the C64. I'd say some of the best gaming experiences of my life come from those days. First was Zork (my graph paper map of the maze was a prized possession), then came a game called Alternate Reality: the Dungeon. I cannot even fathom how many hours I poured into that game.

I've probably put more hours into Civ 5 at this point, but it's close. Anyway, thanks for being part of the community here and we're excited to join you for these adventures.