Magazine availability abroad

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

czechrover

Magazine availability abroad

Post by czechrover » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:34 am

Hi,

I was just wondering if there any members here from Germany who buy the magazine in store? I've checked everywhere here in the Czech Republic and I can only get it online which means I'll be waiting the same amount of time as if I subscribed through myfavouritemags (awful). If there's a stockist (game shop etc) that sells the mag I'd drive over to Dresden for it.

Thanks for any info

Solegor

Re: Magazine availability abroad

Post by Solegor » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:46 am

I've seen the mag in Austria but it was some German Retro Gamer version :D

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Sat May 09, 2020 6:07 pm

German here, so I'll try to explain:

- there is indeed a German version of Retro Gamer whit a different schedule: instead of one issue every month, they do one every 2-3 months and it costs quite a bit more, but has something like 180 pages and not just translated content, but a decent amount of new articles written specifically for them.

- the original UK version of Retro Gamer can be bought (at least before #206, I suspect the "not sold expect online" situation is valid everywhere), but basically only in bigger airports or railroad stations where international press is present, but to a hugely inflated price - I think 13 or 14 Euros. I imagine it's possible you could get in Dresden's central station for example, but I honestly coulddn't say for sure (I'm living hunders of kilometers away).

- I agree with you about the delivery times for subscriptions from Future in general and RG especially are aweful, but in my experience every time I oredered a single issue, it arrived within roughly 7-10 after dispatch (which mostly happens 1-2 days after ordering, but sometimes can take noticeably longer) - so might be worth a try.

czechrover

Post by czechrover » Fri May 15, 2020 2:48 am

Thanks...I've resubscribed now online. I also noticed that single issues come a lot quicker. Strange.