Photo's of your retro collection.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

the_b1ues

Re: Photo's of your retro collection.

Post by the_b1ues » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:12 am

sscott wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 am
This used to be a massively popular thread. In the very early stages of making a new games room in my new house. Won’t be as much retro as old though. I forgot how lively this forum used to be.
It's was this thread that got me back into retro gaming. But unfortunately I lack the time money or space to play them anymore.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:44 am

Ive been selling mine off gradually over the last few months as I ran out of room to display n play properly too.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

peter6168

Post by peter6168 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:50 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:52 am
Where's the Spectrum & C64?
There both in my other room with the CPC, ST, PC and Amiga as they take up too much room. :)

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:05 pm

This is a great thread (which I know has been dormant for a while).

I unfortunately don't have anything to post at the moment as I got rid of most of my collection (and anyways it was all in bags and piled up in a frankly rubbish way). If I do build a small newer collection will post.

Saw Darran's shed on Twitter too - looked very nice - especially having a cab!
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:13 am

My stuff is now all boxed and in the loft :(

We had family staying over Christmas so there just wasn't room for it, had to make way for beds.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

sanddancer

Post by sanddancer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:20 pm

Few pics of the setup added a crt a couple months ago much better picture quality on the old consoles.

And what still needs to be sorted.

Starlight

Post by Starlight » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:14 am

Wow! Great Collection guys!

I'll try and get some of mine soon. Kinda hard doinf it over the phone. :(
SEGA, Falcom and "Niche" Nintendo fan

Alan_M

Post by Alan_M » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:24 pm

Wow, some great collections on here, kind of makes me wish I kept hold of mine although it was starting to get seriously out of control!

I did keep hold of the older parts of my collection though (mainly Atari, Commodore 64 and Amiga stuff) which I've just started photographing.

Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this but if anyone is interested in viewing the photographs then they are up on my Flickr page:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/144834650 ... 0115480034

I also have a Tumblr page but the image quality isn't as good but it does seem to be easier to navigate than Flickr.
https://my-computer-and-video-games.tumblr.com/

Any questions or requests then just let me know :-)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:47 am

The 2600 shelf

Also

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:33 am

Nice collection. Like the Evil Dead book ;)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:42 pm

This is everything I currently own. Shame about the lack of PROPER retro but stuff was sold off a long time ago due to either not being used or being worth too much money to just have sitting on a shelf when I have other things to pay for. No fancy storage or displays here I'm afraid!

Gamecube collection:

I used to have a LOT more including all the first party stuff not shown here (Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart etc.), the Mario sports games and other expensive titles such as Baiten Kaitos, Twin Snakes, all the Resident Evils etc. but I sold everything that I wasn't interested in playing again because Gamecube stuff is worth MONEY and when you can get over £40 for a terrible Mario Baseball game? You TAKE that money!

The only two big games that I have not owned and would like to have are Chibi Robo and Skies of Arcadia but good luck getting them at a reasonable price. I've yet to see either in the wild.

PS2 collection. Used to be perhaps 3-4 times as big as this but there was never any way I'd actually play all of the games so I've just kept favourites, stuff I'd definitely replay and a few that I 100% want to play for the first time when I get around to them. Whenever I try and decide which system is my favourite, all of these games just cement the PS2 as the only option for me. There are STILL loads of things that I'm after or want to try out so even now, it keeps on giving.

Fighting games - love 'em.

Retro, GTA's and a few random games:

More randomness. Silent Hill 2 is the only Platinum game I have in my collection and that's because the Director's Cut only came out this way on PS2

RPG's and some more random games. The bottom right-most four are special edition boxsets. The three NTSC ones came from Nokgod a while Image

Random games I have picked up lately and need testing/playing to see if I want to keep them.

PS3 Games! Used to have loads more than this but I had a major clear-out. There are still a lot of things I'm after but it's not really a priority right now.

Current PS4 collection. I barely own much for this console TBH but it isn't for a lack of interest. More a case of too many games and not enough time/money to keep up with them all so for now, these are all I have.

PS1 games. Again, used to have loads more than this but I sold all of the valuable stuff that I wasn't going to get around to playing + most of the filler. These are my favourites plus a few bits that I intend to get around to.

A couple of old demos + some games that I either still need to test or that have nasty broken cases and need fixing up.

PSP games. I also own Mercury and Twinbee Portable as well as a few others (I THINK I have Echochrome) but these are older photos. I sold the Third Birthday boxset in the bottom photo but everything else is still here.

Completely random stuff. A few Japanese Saturn games (I sold all of my PAL stuff ages ago, haven't gotten around to modding my Saturn), couple of Vita titles and what's left of my DS collection.

3DS games. Like the PS4, I have a long list of wants for this console but just don't have the time for it at the moment.

GB/GBA Games. Sold most of what I own. Apart from the bottom two, these are all things I've owned from new.

Wii and Wii-U games. There's honestly not that much more that I want for the Wii-U other than the 2 Mario platformers. It's worth owning as a BC-compatible machine though and for Mirage Sessions which is an amazing game.

A few Mega Drive games I have left. I also have Sonic in the console box since it was part of the original bundle. The two Jap Bare Knuckle games at the bottom are my favourites.

Game soundtracks. Was after the Tekken 2 Strike Fighting CD's for ages as they cover all of the arranged tracks from the game.

Darkstalkers soundtrack boxset from one of the Capcom anniversaries. Limited Edition. There was also a Street Fighter one but I couldn't afford both sets at the time.

Artbooks and game guides. These take up a LOT of room and most have been imported from Japan over the years.

A few figures/statues. Had more but sold them as these tend to increase in price quite quickly once they sell out, especially if they don't manufacture a 2nd run. One of the Morrigan's for example cost me £100 years ago but now sells for easily 3 or 4 times that in the box.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

the_b1ues

Post by the_b1ues » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:27 am

Its been so long since I checked out this forum.. I wish I had the time and space to set up all my old games. I think these new mini systems might be the way forward for me.. although I am considering buying my first Saturn.

dste

Post by dste » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:42 pm
This is everything I currently own. Shame about the lack of PROPER retro but stuff was sold off a long time ago due to either not being used or being worth too much money to just have sitting on a shelf when I have other things to pay for. No fancy storage or displays here I'm afraid!
That is a very nice slimmed down collection there MM, some really nice good stuff in there.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Managarm

Post by Managarm » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:15 am

Hi Everyone!

After a year of saving I finally got my giant shed to set all my retro games up. Here are 3 pics of the setup so far.
Attachments
D647FB0F-0D95-4D0A-BDCE-4B7DC7CF2E4D.jpeg
D647FB0F-0D95-4D0A-BDCE-4B7DC7CF2E4D.jpeg (2.98 MiB) Viewed 469 times
FD73FB14-49C2-4203-8053-0EFD34DDB0C2.jpeg
FD73FB14-49C2-4203-8053-0EFD34DDB0C2.jpeg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 469 times
894340E7-9ADF-4919-9E16-2C2D1E0D49CC.jpeg
894340E7-9ADF-4919-9E16-2C2D1E0D49CC.jpeg (3.23 MiB) Viewed 469 times

Managarm

Post by Managarm » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 am

Here are a couple more pics
Attachments