What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Jeremiah Jones

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:21 am

Got this import of a compilation of all the NES Kunio-Kun (River City Ransom/Street Gangs related) games. 18 games in total, including all 3 Double Dragon games, Super Dodge Ball, the aforementioned RCR/SG, and all 6 of its sequels/spinoffs.
20190102_041100.jpg
20190102_041100.jpg (5.07 MiB) Viewed 332 times

buddy1983

Post by buddy1983 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:24 am

Got these over the Christmas period, the 2 Xbox games and the the last of us were presents from the Mrs, I bought the other 2 myself.

Also picked this up new and sealed for 4 quid. Bargain I thought but it's arrived and it's the Spanish version, voices are English but all text Spanish or Japanese 😔 sure it'll still play fine

Also finally brought Turok 2 remaster on the PC, its really good and looks great. Hopefully now I can finally complete the game without my save corrupting

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:33 pm

Way too many 360, XBone, and Switch downloads to name (Thasnks Xmas Sales)

One Piece Unlimited Cruise 1- £5 (A steal on ebay. Normally a £20-ish game plus the uncommon English version.)

A Donald Duck Disney Infinity figurine- £4 (Hey......it's the classic blue sailor suit angry Donald we all know and love. Was probably doing the store a favor by picking up one of their many reduced DI figurines anyhow. :lol: )
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:24 pm

Jeremiah Jones wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:21 am
Got this import of a compilation of all the NES Kunio-Kun (River City Ransom/Street Gangs related) games. 18 games in total, including all 3 Double Dragon games, Super Dodge Ball, the aforementioned RCR/SG, and all 6 of its sequels/spinoffs.
20190102_041100.jpg
J.J. do they have the NES Kunio Kun game that had a graphic makeover to became Renegade over here?

I know on the Gameboy the Kunio Kun game became Double Dragon 2 over here, so I assume the NES versions are kept as Double Dragon?
Last edited by Shinobi on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:25 pm

Liking the look of that Kunio Kun collection...doubly so since I see there is a PS4 version as well.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Jeremiah Jones

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:51 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:24 pm
Jeremiah Jones wrote:
20190102_041100.jpg
J.J. do they have the NES Kunio Kun game that had a graphic makeover to became Renegade over here?

I know on the Gameboy the Kunio Kun game became Double Dragon 2 over here, so I assume the NES versions are kept as Double Dragon?
Renegade is indeed on there, in addition to its Nekketsu Koha Kunio-Kun Japanese version.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:13 pm

X PRESSING INTENSIFYS!!
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:08 pm

Jeremiah Jones wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:51 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:24 pm
Jeremiah Jones wrote:
20190102_041100.jpg

Renegade is indeed on there, in addition to its Nekketsu Koha Kunio-Kun Japanese version.
That sounds class I will have to invest in that. Btw what’s your opinion of the Snes Kunio-Kun scrolling fighter? Is the all female scrolling fighter on the PC Engine cd an a official Kunio-Kun game or just a spin off?

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Picked up the 'After Hours' limited edition of Yakuza 6 from Amazon. They had it for £50-something (reduced) and I had a £20 voucher so it was around £35 in the end. Very pleased with that. Nice set which even comes with a pair of bar glasses.

Just need to grab the steelbook edition of Kiwami 2 now and my collection will be complete. Just need to get them all played then! Nearly done Yakuza 5 and then it will be onto all of the PS4 games next.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:48 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:46 pm
Picked up the 'After Hours' limited edition of Yakuza 6 from Amazon. They had it for £50-something (reduced) and I had a £20 voucher so it was around £35 in the end. Very pleased with that. Nice set which even comes with a pair of bar glasses.

Just need to grab the steelbook edition of Kiwami 2 now and my collection will be complete. Just need to get them all played then! Nearly done Yakuza 5 and then it will be onto all of the PS4 games next.
That reminds I saw PS Vita Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom for £15 are you still after that?

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:48 pm
That reminds I saw PS Vita Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom for £15 are you still after that?
Ooh, yes - would definitely be interested :)

I'd given up finding it to be honest. Only have CEX's left around me and the Vita stock is always trash.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:56 am

Megamixer wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Its a nice edition for sure. One of the few times where a CE wasn't insanely priced and didn't feel like a cheap POS.

Speaking of Yakuza, I've got my import copy of Judge Eyes. I started it last weekend and am already glued to it. A detective game based in Yakuza's universe was something I wanted for years and now its here and is somehow better than I imagined (kinda feels like Yakuza, LA Noire and Phoenix Wright all mixed together). Great side content as well, gonna be playing this for months. Which will make next weeks PS4 remaster of Yakuza 4 difficult to start! (but I'm buying it anyway!)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:38 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:56 am
Its a nice edition for sure. One of the few times where a CE wasn't insanely priced and didn't feel like a cheap POS.

Speaking of Yakuza, I've got my import copy of Judge Eyes. I started it last weekend and am already glued to it. A detective game based in Yakuza's universe was something I wanted for years and now its here and is somehow better than I imagined (kinda feels like Yakuza, LA Noire and Phoenix Wright all mixed together). Great side content as well, gonna be playing this for months. Which will make next weeks PS4 remaster of Yakuza 4 difficult to start! (but I'm buying it anyway!)
Yeah I was really pleased with it, especially since I almost bought a different SE (card slipcase and some sort of DLC?) before seeing that this one was a thing.

Heard good things about Judge Eyes. Unfortunately I've fallen behind on playing the main series games since I didn't do much gaming at all over the past few years. Need to catch up!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:37 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:55 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:48 pm
Ooh, yes - would definitely be interested :)

I'd given up finding it to be honest. Only have CEX's left around me and the Vita stock is always trash.
Marvel was still there so I picked it up if you still want it? Funny they had more Vita games then 360 games. They also had around 15 cheap Wii U with the 50% off. Xenoblade Wii U and Batman £2.50, Splatoon was £6 etc

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:08 pm

The first games I got this year are Switch ones

DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER!!
MASS HISTREA!! (Not by Def Leoppard)
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday