Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Weblaus

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by Weblaus » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:20 pm

Re-sends tend to come directly from the UK and have arrived as fast as 4 days for me (Germany), while subscription copies clearly are routed through (in case of mainland Europe) Hungary, for whatever reason (most likely cheapest postabe/labour costs, of course). So basically they're send across half to continent and then turn 180 degress and make their way back.

Also, like pretty much every months sind at least a year, my copies of Edge arrived days or at times weeks quicker than RG - case in point being this month, when both mags dropped in my mailbox at the same days despite the on sale date of Edge being a week later than RG's.

And lastly, I whish the subscription and csutomer service departments of Future would invest even a fraction of the energy in actual customer service than they do in their relentless spamming with the "20% off" campaigns they're running pretty much weekly now - right now I'm getting at least one email a day and sometimes more with than crap. Yet when you send a question, you're lucky to get an answer within a week and even then it's completely missing the point half the time.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:04 pm

Weblaus wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:20 pm
And lastly, I whish the subscription and csutomer service departments of Future would invest even a fraction of the energy in actual customer service than they do in their relentless spamming with the "20% off" campaigns they're running pretty much weekly now - right now I'm getting at least one email a day and sometimes more with than crap. Yet when you send a question, you're lucky to get an answer within a week and even then it's completely missing the point half the time.
Yeah, this times 1000^

I used one of those promotions a few months back, only to have numerous issues with the order, and little to no help. As I have already stated, after leaving a negative review due to the poor CS I received, they couldn't help me fast enough. So my situation is the perfect example of what you have mentioned. I used to promotion, only to get the shaft when I had an issue, and if I was a new customer, I probably wouldn't have come back.

So yeah, Future may be making a fast buck with these deals, but I don't see them winning anyone over long term. As most products are high priced to begin with, and then once you add in the more than atrocious CS, you have a rather losing combination. Sadly, no one really seems to care.

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:42 am

Having resubscribed a couple of times and also undergone an address change, I'm pretty confident that Future don't ship out all their subscriptions at the same time - it also seems that whenever you do something like re-subscribe or change your address, your account gets pushed right to the back of everything and hence your sub gets sent out in the last possible batch.

Both times since Future took over that I've changed my account, it caused a massive delay in my issues arriving, and only after I managed to finally get hold of someone at Future, did it magically start turning up within days of it being released, instead of being at least a month late, sometimes two months late.

This is all based on my experience obviously, so might not be remotely true - but Future must have a terribly inefficient distribution system that is only loosely tied in to the subscriptions database. The first time I renewed through Future, the address they had on the Accounts page on the website was actually different to the one that they were sending it to, and it took me about 4 months to get them to fix the address up so it would actually show up at my house, despite their website having the correct address recorded.

Martin K

Post by Martin K » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi
I will try to describe how huge problem with Retro gamer we have in Poland. Me and many my friends have RG subscription for a long time. Unfortunatley when MyFavouriteMags started sending it to Poland all things collapsed. Every single person has problem with delivery and none of us haven’t received ours issues since few months. My last issue is 185, my friends last issues are for example 182, 177 or even 170!

We tried to contact with MyFavouriteMags Service Team many times. Each time they wrote emails to us that “Replacement will be send” but we still don’t have any overdue issues, for a long time… So we don’t have RG and we lost our money because nobody cares about it.

As We know MyFavouriteMags is sending printed subscriptions trough several resellers/shipment company across Europe. Probably someone is stealing those magazines or they are missing somehow. But MyFavouriteMags don’t see the problem and do nothing about it.

It is very sad how MyFavouriteMags is handle us.
Last edited by Martin K on Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:33 pm

That is a real shame that none of the mags are making their way to readers. If these truly are being stolen, I wonder if it would help to not use see through plastic?
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Solegor

Post by Solegor » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:08 am

Yeah. Myfavourite is a mess. I've asked so many times to introduce trackable delivery subscription option but all is in vain. I'm ready to pay more to be confident that my mag will reach me on time (or at all).
At first (for half a year) the delivery to India was fine - a little long, yes, but it is expected.
But from summer I think someone at one of the post offices understood that there is no way to track the package so maybe someone is stealing the mag.
For now I still haven't seen 185 (I think the hope is lost for this one) though 186 reached me fine. Starting to loose faith for 187 to show up.
Interesting observation: two times I've already had to order the replacement and the replacement issues are being sent in different package and apparently through different channels since they always arrive two times faster then the regular mailing and never get lost.

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:56 am

For US folks: have you already received #188? (PlayStation, with calendar) I have not received mine yet. Thanks!

Large Bass

Post by Large Bass » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:03 am

Mauricio wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:56 am
For US folks: have you already received #188? (PlayStation, with calendar) I have not received mine yet. Thanks!
Nope I haven’t received mine yet.

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:30 pm

#189 here today (#188 came 14th December).

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Yeah, my last issue(#187) arrived back on November 27, and I averaged about every 3 weeks for the year, so #188 is for sure behind. It was holiday time when it was shipped, and this can cause rather fast deliveries, or beyond slow ones. I guess it's time to contact the powers that be for a replacement issue, but I'm sure it will probably arrive the same day I put in the request. Thanks to those looking for their issues as well, as I had completely spaced it hadn't arrived yet, due to the holiday/new year grind.

icemann

Post by icemann » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:10 am

For those having their magazines stolen - That is why PO Boxes are a great thing to have. 100% eliminates the issue.

videogameobsession

Post by videogameobsession » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:56 am

I never received issues 187, 188, or 189.
I've been a subscriber, based in upstate NY, for nearly 10 years now. I haven't had a problem like this before.
Maybe a few late issues, and a missing issue a few years ago, but this worries me!

Since I probably won't be receiving the Subscriber editions can someone kindly show me what those look like (for issues 187 and 188)? Thanks.

Large Bass

Post by Large Bass » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:39 am

when I 1st subbed a year ago I got my issues within 2 weeks and usually in around 7 to 10 days for the 1st few months then it started taking over a month for the issues to arrive and for the last 6 months or so they don’t arrive at all I have also subbed to XBox magazine during this time and it’s the same exact thing and contacting MFM is a waste as you just get a canned gibberish response that doesn’t try to respond to what you sent them.I decided to sub cause i liked getting game magazines in the mail but when they don’t come it’s more of a huge hassle and a waste of money couple that my subs are up and MFM keeps sending me renewal e-mails offering me supposedly great deals that are just a few dollars short of $100 more then what I’m paying currently for my subs.I will not be renewing and I’m done with both magazines I’ve subbed to game mags since I was a little kid in the 90’s and never have a problem getting my issues and for the ridiculous price that’s charged that’s really offputting.

Solegor

Post by Solegor » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:35 am

Surprisingly I got #189 this Friday (India, I work here on contract). It is by far the fastest issue to arrive and the condition of the mag is almost perfect, and there is still some fresh print smell :)
But generally for the last 7-8 months delivery was horrible. I've never got 185 and 187 so ended up asking for the replacement at the end of December just before the Holidays. Surprisingly 187 came on 5th of January (original, not the replacement) - more then 2 months(!) after release. It was completely opened and had a lot of stamps and marks on the foil - one mark was even stated as 19 Rupees (about 20p) so maybe some kind soul used their money to resend it ? Even more surprising was that even though it was opened - stickers and SNK mini were inside safe and sound!
But 185 definitely is lost and I hope replacement will reach me soon. As for the 188 (PlayStation on the cover) - still haven't got this one. I will try to wait more - till the end of Feb in case it also will reach me the same way 187 did eventually.
So overall I still have 4 issues on my sub and if all the rest will reach me the same way as 189 - fast and in good condition - I will be tempted to renew!
Only thing that bothers me is Brexit - don't know how it will affect mag delivery (whether it ships to India through EU or directly?)