Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Large Bass

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by Large Bass » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:56 pm

I live in Boston I got an e-mail saying my issue 185 is on the way on 9/4 still no sign of it.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:04 pm

Large Bass wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:56 pm
I live in Boston I got an e-mail saying my issue 185 is on the way on 9/4 still no sign of it.
Yeah, I'm in Sin City and mine just arrived yesterday. Normally the east coast is my gauge for when mine might arrive, as you guys often get yours a few days before I get mine each time. So I was surprised I hadn't seen any US arrivals posted, when mine showed up yesterday. Hopefully your copy should be arriving any day now, and if not, it might be time to look in to a replacement?

lavalyte

Post by lavalyte » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:10 am

185 arrived in Melbourne on 1/10
'I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs' - Sam The Eagle.

simke

Post by simke » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:12 am

Issue 185 arrived on 10/10, Brisbane Australia

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:51 am

#186 came yesterday (Thursday - now back on schedule).

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:58 am

So has this lateness problem been fixed for all at this point, or did most just give up on getting proper delivery service? The reason I ask, is that this thread doesn't appear to active as of late, but I'll post my latest arrival info anyway, especially since I'm here anyways. LOL

My latest issue #186 arrived to me two days ago(29th), and I'm in Sin City USA. So while I had been averaging about 3 weeks since my deliveries times got fixed,now the more recent issues have gotten closer to a month. Which is still fine, as that was about what I started out at when Imagine was running the show. Hopefully this doesn't start to become 5, 6 then 8 weeks again, but time will tell I suppose.

Solegor

Post by Solegor » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:14 pm

I'm giving up. As of now I didn't receive 185 and 186 at all.
Before that I had to order a replacement for 181. Other issues took 3 to 6 weeks to arrive.
I tried to propose higher-tier trackable delivery subscription but nobody cares.
For me subscription is the only option (bar eBay) to get the mag since I'm working deep inside the Indian subcontinent

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:36 pm

thegamesnotoveryet wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:58 am
So has this lateness problem been fixed for all at this point, or did most just give up on getting proper delivery service? The reason I ask, is that this thread doesn't appear to active as of late, but I'll post my latest arrival info anyway, especially since I'm here anyways. LOL

My latest issue #186 arrived to me two days ago(29th), and I'm in Sin City USA. So while I had been averaging about 3 weeks since my deliveries times got fixed,now the more recent issues have gotten closer to a month. Which is still fine, as that was about what I started out at when Imagine was running the show. Hopefully this doesn't start to become 5, 6 then 8 weeks again, but time will tell I suppose.
To be honest, I stopped bothering to post since it's very clear that the editorial team doesn't seem to care all that much given that we basically had one "everything is fine, supossedly" post in all the time. I get it that they're very likely not in a position to do anything about it anyway. But e.g. not even telling anyone that the subscription guy who at least hung around here before delivery times really tanked has left the company until apparently months later, well...

And the people who probably could do something about the situation - like that enigmatic "Doug Purdom" who is suppodly signing every letter/e-mail of the "Subscription Team", but can only be reached through the general contact-address which definitely is a waste of time to write to - very obviously don't care at all.

That said, the last three issues each arrived in my corner of Germany exactly 19 days after the store date - which obiously isn't fast at all, but at least tolerable and seems to have stabilized somewhat. I'll try to enjoy that until March when all things inevitably will go to hell.

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:55 am

#187 came yesterday. The jury is out on whether slightly less ink has been applied to the pages.

Ronin

Post by Ronin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:08 am

It's 20 of November and i still havent received my issue 186 and 187. Editorial team doesn't care of anything, Myfaouritemags also. Everybody are pissing on shipment :( . My subscription is going to end on January and i will not renew it. I will download pdf files with new issues straight from pirated websites because NOBODY fu$#% cares about our shipment !!! No respond to emails, no respond on this forum.
Now I dont care about them. Burn in HELL Retro Gamer :evil:

NickThorpe

Post by NickThorpe » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:50 pm

It's not that the editorial team doesn't care - we want you to be able to read our features and get the product you pay for.

Unfortunately, the editorial team doesn't deal with production problems, subscription shipments or postal services. All we can do is pass on your concerns to the relevant people, and direct you to the My Favourite Magazines customer service team so you can do the same. We'd hope that they'd give you a satisfactory response so that you don't cancel your subscription (who wants to lose sales?), but at the end of the day it's up to you to decide.

What I can't condone is the active discussion of downloading the magazine illegally. If you want digital copies because you think they'll be delivered more reliably, that's fine - but we offer a legal option for that. I don't come to your workplace and steal your work. Don't steal ours.

Jeremiah Jones

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:28 am

Got issue 187 in good time. Dispatched on 6 Nov and came in the mail 20 Nov.
I can only speak for myself, but over a ten year span I personally haven't had any problems with magazine promptness or condition.

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:45 am

Ronin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:08 am
It's 20 of November and i still havent received my issue 186 and 187. Editorial team doesn't care of anything, Myfaouritemags also. Everybody are pissing on shipment :( . My subscription is going to end on January and i will not renew it. I will download pdf files with new issues straight from pirated websites because NOBODY fu$#% cares about our shipment !!! No respond to emails, no respond on this forum.
Now I dont care about them. Burn in HELL Retro Gamer :evil:
If everyone has your attitude, then the mag would cease to exist..... where would you get your PDFs from then?

Large Bass

Post by Large Bass » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:29 am

Got the SNK issue today after getting the email it had shipped the last Monday of October.This was a more reasonable wait time after waiting over 2 months for the last couple and to have those come covered in stickers saying please return to Budapest Hungary if undeliverable.When I started subbing early this year I averaged 10 to 14 days for it to arrive the 1st few months and it’s gone downhill since then.

rinzwind

Post by rinzwind » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:32 pm

What I experienced after having delivery troubles each and every time after changing address is that resends DO arrive within few weeks, SE Asia in this case. The team keeps saying theres no difference between shipments, but there really is as is proven each and every time with resends. So just send it out like a resend right away to troublesome locations...