The history of the Star Wars arcade game documentary

Relive the glory days of gaming and take a walk down Nostalgia Lane via YouTube.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Post Reply
patmanqc
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:13 pm

The history of the Star Wars arcade game documentary

Post by patmanqc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:03 am

Please visit my retro gaming documentary channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkuHX ... subscriber

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26632
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: The history of the Star Wars arcade game documentary

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:45 pm

I thought I'd watch this one.

It opened with a big graphic plea for Patreon support.

The first line of text in the video description was for Patreon support.

I closed the window before anything about games started.

I don't think I'll be back.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809
Posts: 18739
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Re: The history of the Star Wars arcade game documentary

Post by psj3809 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:05 pm

I'm sure some of these channels are half decent but when people come here just to spam their youtube channel and nothing else - not even talk about the mag or other stuff - then i avoid

User avatar
Greyfox
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:40 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: The history of the Star Wars arcade game documentary

Post by Greyfox » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:16 pm

I actually enjoyed it, but having a patron title card at the start is very intrusive at the start of your videos and should be done in a discrete manner at the end like you have now., so I think this may be down to inexperience of how this stuff works and when and where policy should be in place. So give him a second chance Ant.

It was a nice look at the original classics plus there home versions, these are nice bite-sized videos that are informative and fun to watch.

Kind regards.
↓↓Click Banners to See More↓↓
ImageImage

patmanqc
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:13 pm

Re: The history of the Star Wars arcade game documentary

Post by patmanqc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:27 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:45 pm
I thought I'd watch this one.

It opened with a big graphic plea for Patreon support.

The first line of text in the video description was for Patreon support.

I closed the window before anything about games started.

I don't think I'll be back.
Well if you cant handle a three second patreon graphic then I guess I don't want you watching my Channel. My videos are not monetized so there are no other advertisements in any of my videos.
Last edited by patmanqc on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit my retro gaming documentary channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkuHX ... subscriber

patmanqc
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:13 pm

Re: The history of the Star Wars arcade game documentary

Post by patmanqc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:29 pm

psj3809 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:05 pm
I'm sure some of these channels are half decent but when people come here just to spam their youtube channel and nothing else - not even talk about the mag or other stuff - then i avoid
I'm in the USA and have been a subscriber to the print magazine since issue seven.
Please visit my retro gaming documentary channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkuHX ... subscriber

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26632
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: The history of the Star Wars arcade game documentary

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:23 am

patmanqc wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:27 pm
Antiriad2097 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:45 pm
I thought I'd watch this one.

It opened with a big graphic plea for Patreon support.

The first line of text in the video description was for Patreon support.

I closed the window before anything about games started.

I don't think I'll be back.
Well if you cant handle a three second patreon graphic then I guess I don't want you watching my Channel. My videos are not monetized so there are no other advertisements in any of my videos.
I didn't say they were monetized, or that I couldn't handle a 3 second graphic. But with such a wide variety to choose from, I can't be doing with videos that start with pleas for cash. It is wholly offputting to be doing so before any content has been viewed.

That you're a subscriber to the mag isn't of great relevance, what we see is that you come to the forum purely to post links to your videos without participating in any way, then immediately ask for cash on viewing.

It isn't a great way to grow a subscriber base for your channel. It's a fact that I've avoided viewing in the past because of this, and on the one instance I was drawn in by the topic, I was immediately put off.

Use this information as you see fit, I can only voice my own experience of things.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
Matt_B
Posts: 5254
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 am
Location: 5 minutes from the beach, 30 seconds from the pub

Re: The history of the Star Wars arcade game documentary

Post by Matt_B » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:33 am

I'd think that saving your e-begging for the end of the video is a better tactic if only for the fact that it's just the people who are watching it to a finish who are likely to be giving you any money in the first place.

Anyway, nice work with the video. You've got another subscriber.

patmanqc
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:13 pm

Re: The history of the Star Wars arcade game documentary

Post by patmanqc » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:54 am

Matt_B wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:33 am
I'd think that saving your e-begging for the end of the video is a better tactic if only for the fact that it's just the people who are watching it to a finish who are likely to be giving you any money in the first place.

Anyway, nice work with the video. You've got another subscriber.
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for subscribing hope you enjoyed the video
Please visit my retro gaming documentary channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkuHX ... subscriber

User avatar
The Laird
Posts: 8496
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Luton
Contact:

Re: The history of the Star Wars arcade game documentary

Post by The Laird » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Its a shame you don't chose to involve yourself. I banned you from 2 Facebook groups myself for endless link spamming with no other interaction at all. Not even a post to introduce it, just dump the link and leave. Pretty much as you do here. It's really put me off even giving your channel a try.

Bub&Bob
Posts: 6833
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:24 am

Re: The history of the Star Wars arcade game documentary

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Some of this video looks very similar to Gaming History Source’s Lets Compare Star Wars video.
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests