RE: Free Subscription Incentives

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

BennyTheGreek

Re: RE: Free Subscription Incentives

Post by BennyTheGreek » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:14 pm

phoned up a while back and spoke to a lady, explained that I would like to take advantage of the 8bitdo offer, she cancelled my subscription and re signed me up

I then waited a while for the 8bit do...no delivery, then I heard they were out of stock, then I heard they were being given away at a games show somewhere,...

I emailed customer services and was told that it would be delivered in a couple of weeks....

couple of weeks passed, I emailed again and it arrived about 4 days later.

was a bit of a chore to be honest, but totally worth it....

bounty bob

Post by bounty bob » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:12 pm

So redid my subscription at the higher price in August to start with September's issue just to get the 8bitdo controller. My subscription started and they sent me a bookazine on vynal records. Rang to complain and was told this was an error and the controller would be sent. Three weeks later and no controller, rang again to be told nothing had been done, to give the bookazine away if I didn't want it and the controller is out of stock but more coming within a couple of weeks. 3 weeks later, today, so I called to be told another three weeks before they get any. This is ridiculous and very poor customer service. Why offer such a good incentive and not have enough or agreement with your supplier on sales and return if you over order or agreement for speedy bulk order if more needed? Why is it taking months to get new stock, Amazon have a shed load and most on next day delivery and that's just one supplier. Someone needs to pull their finger out and get this sorted. If you can't get them in, I'll accept a £30 amazon voucher and I'll order it myself.
Atari 800XL thrashes the C64 every time!!!
(well, nearly everytime)
(OK, some of the time)

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:38 am

Yeah, I've had to swear off dealing with Future directly at this point, as customer service is complete and utter ****! To my knowledge, there is no one actively in these forums that can help, as I guess Mark is no longer around. I had ordered a few bookazines from the site, only to never get a shipping notice, as I always have with each order for years since I ordered my first book from Future. I was told all kinds of BS multiple times, by multiple reps, and once I left a negative review for the site, I was contacted right away. Even then, I was dealing with someone who wasn't a robot, but I was still getting very conflicting information from all sides.

Long story short, was that one or both of the books I ordered did not arrive on time, or sold out, or something(as it was never made clear). So instead of sending an email to state my order would be delayed(or plastering said info on the site), I kept hearing it was shipped, none of the dates match, and the site never updated to show "dispatched" like 100% of all my past orders did. I called BS, and showed the dates I had been given for each message I received, and how the whole process was just lip service, with no real "service" EVER!

I finally opened a Paypal dispute, as I was tired of hearing the excuses of how it wasn't there fault, as the issues didn't arrive when they should have. The person I dealt with at corporate seemed cool and interested in helping, but even he ended up realizing just how bad this whole process had been. So I got the refund, but at this point, I'll just buy any special books at my local Barnes & Noble, as I may be paying more, but at least I'll get what was paid for in the moment. So hearing these horror stories is nothing new, and just the way it seems Future operates at this point and time.

TheAlex

Post by TheAlex » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:25 am

Dave300 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:57 pm
Hi, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask but has anyone received their 8bitDo yet?
Mine arrived about 6-7 weeks after I subscribed.

tapmantwo

Post by tapmantwo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:01 pm

BennyTheGreek wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:14 pm
phoned up a while back and spoke to a lady, explained that I would like to take advantage of the 8bitdo offer, she cancelled my subscription and re signed me up

I then waited a while for the 8bit do...no delivery, then I heard they were out of stock, then I heard they were being given away at a games show somewhere,...

I emailed customer services and was told that it would be delivered in a couple of weeks....

couple of weeks passed, I emailed again and it arrived about 4 days later.

was a bit of a chore to be honest, but totally worth it....
Having this same experience - perhaps i need to do that final chase up. Shouldn't be this hard.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:10 pm

The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Got mine delivered this weekend. Very happy with it. It's my second 8bitdo controller. If it works well with the Switch (the big test) then i'll definitely look at getting more of their products. I've got the tiny Zero gamepad which i use with my phone and it's really good. All their stuff looks beautiful.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

bounty bob

Post by bounty bob » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:41 pm

My 8birds controller arrived at the weekend, great little thing it is too.
Atari 800XL thrashes the C64 every time!!!
(well, nearly everytime)
(OK, some of the time)

Solegor

Post by Solegor » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:08 am

bounty bob wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:41 pm
My 8birds controller arrived at the weekend, great little thing it is too.
Yes 8birds is the best!

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:51 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:10 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Solegor

Post by Solegor » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:08 am

For me the best incentive would be if the magazine would actually come through my mailbox :(

skinny

Post by skinny » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:19 pm

I just got a 'Black Friday' renewal offer for £27.99 for a year (which it said was 20% off). I cancelled my subscription a few months ago as I wasn't seeing enough to interest me in the mag any more.

Followed the link, renewal is £49.99, enter the code and it ended up as £39.99 (as expected, 20% off).

Curiously, my previous renewal offer (please come back, here's a special offer) was for £49.99, the current normal subscription price on the website!

I'll not bother thanks...