Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Will you buy a Spectrum Vega Plus

Yes
21%
No
67%
Can't Decide
12%

Total votes: 82

The Laird

Re: Spectrum Vega Plus Poll

Post by The Laird » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:32 pm

In the Facebook group about 10 people whose order numbers were under 30 have confirmed no email has been received. Some of those people messaged RCL. Only one got a response where he was told there "would be an announcement soon". The same old tired line.

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:08 am

The Laird wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:32 pm
In the Facebook group about 10 people whose order numbers were under 30 have confirmed no email has been received. Some of those people messaged RCL. Only one got a response where he was told there "would be an announcement soon". The same old tired line.
I'm not expecting any email soon as apparently anyone who has ordered a colour one other than black will not be getting theirs yet.

In fact I am not expecting anything at all, as The Laird says, it is all just an obvious last ditch desperate attempt to stall and deceive, I have long since given up any hope of getting my console or my money back, I doubt Indigogo sending in the bailiffs will have any effect, as whatever money was raised for the machines will have long gone.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:55 am

adippm82 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:08 am
The Laird wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:32 pm
I'm not expecting any email soon as apparently anyone who has ordered a colour one other than black will not be getting theirs yet.

In fact I am not expecting anything at all, as The Laird says, it is all just an obvious last ditch desperate attempt to stall and deceive, I have long since given up any hope of getting my console or my money back, I doubt Indigogo sending in the bailiffs will have any effect, as whatever money was raised for the machines will have long gone.
Yes, I agree. I have little faith in these people, or Indigogo for that matter, have yet to see anything that shows any kind of effort to do the right thing, only to cover their arses legally with the absolute minimum required. It does remind me so much of game gadget - how appropriate the Blaze affiliated groups were to be distributors. Although to be fair they at least got a product out despite it being a cheap handheld a far cry from what it was hyped to be.

We will see.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:04 am

Yeah interesting stuff from TheLaird. They have been quite active on Facebook recently with updates so i've got a bit more faith. But until i get an email telling me its on my way i wont get too excited but i dont know, feeling a bit more positive this time. I'll give it another fortnight

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:12 am

psj3809 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:04 am
I'll give it another fortnight
Is that fortnight located in this decade?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

merman

Post by merman » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:12 pm

The list of games is supposed to be on the website tomorrow (1st May) - but there is no sign of the device getting the necessary PEGI rating which could be heavily affected by the contents of the games chosen to include.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:49 pm

I am VERY uneasy how the new site and name has been hastily put together, seemingly for the purpose of calling for 'preorders.'
A cynical person could be forgiven for thinking they are needing cash in the till, ASAP, to pay for a small amount of imported cheap alternatives to be sent out in a first batch to cover their arse.

Am I reading too much into it...? We will see.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:26 am

merman wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:12 pm
The list of games is supposed to be on the website tomorrow (1st May) - but there is no sign of the device getting the necessary PEGI rating which could be heavily affected by the contents of the games chosen to include.
Not bothered by the list as i'll be adding lots to a memory card anyway. Plus everytime they seem to publish a list some people just cause issues !

Think some people (many of which havent even pre-ordered one !) are just going to be constantly negative whatever happens

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Tue May 01, 2018 11:22 am

It might be just me, but I'd think that the news that Chris Smith and Paul Andrews are attempting to regain control of the company seems far more positive than yet another release announcement that will probably fly by without anything being delivered. They seem to have a track record of actually delivering things, and it was only after their departure that the Vega Plus appears to come off the rails.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue May 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Matt_B wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 11:22 am
It might be just me, but I'd think that the news that Chris Smith and Paul Andrews are attempting to regain control of the company seems far more positive than yet another release announcement that will probably fly by without anything being delivered. They seem to have a track record of actually delivering things, and it was only after their departure that the Vega Plus appears to come off the rails.
Certainly agree with you there.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:29 pm

Think it’s anither attempt to try and stop it again. Why do this now just as RCL have announced its shipping in a week ?

Why not take this action two years ago ? Why now of all times ?

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Wed May 02, 2018 12:09 am

It was actually the other way around. The meeting was called for the vote of no confidence in the directors....then their recent spate of announcements from RCL came out.
Hopefully it leads to something this time, at least, for the sake of all involved.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Wed May 02, 2018 3:08 am

kiwimike wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:09 am
It was actually the other way around. The meeting was called for the vote of no confidence in the directors....then their recent spate of announcements from RCL came out.
Hopefully it leads to something this time, at least, for the sake of all involved.
Correct. I already pointed this out too in my previous post. They had been on radio silence for months until after the announcement.

Also, has everyone seen the disgraceful story about the cut and paste obituary for Rick Dickinson they posted?

merman

Post by merman » Wed May 02, 2018 10:27 am

psj3809 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:26 am
merman wrote:
Not bothered by the list as i'll be adding lots to a memory card anyway. Plus everytime they seem to publish a list some people just cause issues !

Think some people (many of which havent even pre-ordered one !) are just going to be constantly negative whatever happens
Another delay - games list won't be up till May the 4th.

And what happens if they publish a list with copyrighted games that should not be on there, or adult games that are age-rated? There is a constant pattern of missed deadlines and problems that is hard to ignore.

(And they continue to use the excuse that people being negative about them has slowed things down. That is grade A bull droppings)
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Wed May 02, 2018 10:34 am

merman wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 10:27 am
psj3809 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:26 am
merman wrote:

Another delay - games list won't be up till May the 4th.

And what happens if they publish a list with copyrighted games that should not be on there, or adult games that are age-rated? There is a constant pattern of missed deadlines and problems that is hard to ignore.

(And they continue to use the excuse that people being negative about them has slowed things down. That is grade A bull droppings)
Haven't you heard the new excuse for the delays? Apparently they need to investigate the legal letters sent by Paul Andrews as they are claiming his legal firm is fake and was completely made up by him :shock:

I wish I was joking I really do, but when I met his lawyer at his office a few weeks ago they were definitely a real person.
Last edited by The Laird on Wed May 02, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.