Retro Gamer issue 179

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

skinny

Re: Retro Gamer issue 179

Post by skinny » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Only disappointed there's no Barry Leitch tunes on the CD. Only because I went to school with him!

Got the poster too, but given I'm too old to putting up posters of computers on my walls, if anyone didn't get one and wants it you can have it for the cost of P&P!

iprice

Post by iprice » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Got the poster too, but given I'm too old to putting up posters of computers on my walls, if anyone didn't get one and wants it you can have it for the cost of P&P!
Cheers. I too am too old to put posters up, I just wondered if it was a more general thing. Appears not. I would have been pissed if it had been the cd missing, but not the poster. Thanks for the offer though :)
I fancy a nice hot cup of tea. Splash of milk. No sugar.

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Pretty good issue. Pacman and MS Sonic being the highlights for me personally.

The CD holds no nostalgia for me at all as the only game I've played out of all of them is Ghouls and Ghosts (I played loads of OTHER Commodore games but not those) however I found the music to be excellent and a good listen so enjoyed the CD regardless.

PSN username - MartinPhantom

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:34 pm

Am enjoying this issue, some great articles in there - particularly Aladdin and 8-bit Sonic.

The In the Chair with Gregg Mayles is the highlight of the mag for me, being a Rare fan from the 90s. It was a great read, and I loved how detailed (and lengthy) his answers were about everything, it gave a lot of insight. The extra length of the article was great as well. More like this please! Hope the Ken Williams one next month is as good, as I'm bursting at the seams to read that.

fredghostmaster

Post by fredghostmaster » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:19 pm

An ok issue for me. Best articles were the Gregg Mayles interview and the making of Aladdin, whilst I always enjoy a Pac Man 2600 article, the game definitely wasn't as bad as is made out these days. Nice to see Quicksilva featured as well as the BBC arcade clone article.

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:58 am

Another brilliant issue. Good to see you guys have transitioned well in-between publishers. There were a couple of okay-ish issues at first but the passion has certainly returned last 2 issues!

Solegor

Post by Solegor » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:21 am

Wow guys that is a blooper :lol:

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Tue May 01, 2018 2:18 pm

Yeah, that was a classic whoopsee. Final fanstasy 9 is such a legendary game that you just can't be forgiven too easily for such a slip up, RG!! :D