Smash Bros new character predictions/hopes

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

LAIS

Smash Bros new character predictions/hopes

Post by LAIS » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:35 am

So Smash Bros is coming to Switch, complete with the Inklings from Splatoon. Which characters do you think/hope will be added this time round?

I think we might see:

* Crash Bandicoot - to celebrate/promote the Crash collection coming to Switch. Meaning you could have the dream match of Mario vs Sonic Vs Crash. I can see the teaser now where they change the name ‘Smash Bros’ to ‘Crash Bros’

* Arms - I don’t know who the main character would be in this but surely it’s inevitable they’ll be included?

* Pokemon - their go to crutch each time this game is announced is a new Pokemon fighter so I don’t see why this would change.

I hope we’ll see:

* Waluigi - I love Waluigi. I don’t care what anyone says, he deserves more love than he gets from the gaming community!

* Wart - I love seeing classic Nintendo characters get a second chance, so why not him?

* Robotnik - there’s a good chance we get ‘Eggman’ I imagine but I absolutely hate his modern day name change. Bring back Robotnik guys so I can stubbornly hold onto the past that little bit longer.

* Paper Mario - We already have Toon Link, so why not? He’d have an interesting move set.

* King K Rool - his addition is well overdue.

pratty

Re: Smash Bros new character predictions/hopes

Post by pratty » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:46 am

I think Arms, Mario Rabbid Kingdom thingy, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 could feature a few characters.

I expect Waluigi will be in for sure, surprised he wasn't already. Same for Paper Mario, that's a good and likely shout.

I think Tom Nook from Animal Crossing would make for a fun surprise boss character. :lol:

Personally I would like Chibo Robo included but I don't think he will be, at least not as a playable character.

I'd like to see Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes, he'd be a perfect fit.

Nintendo seem to have a pretty good relationship with Ubisoft so I could see Rayman included.

Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell, Jade from Beyond Good And Evil and The Prince (what was his actual name again?) from Prince Of Persia would be really cool too.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Tom_Baker

Post by Tom_Baker » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:48 pm

I would like to see Nintendo do a few region specific real life legends in the game.

Maybe the Uk could have legendary snooker player Steve Davis armed with his cue or maybe cricketer Andrew "Freddie" Flintoff with his bat.

WaveRacer

Post by WaveRacer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:41 pm

some more F-Zero characters

or the rider from excite bike, fighting while riding the bike.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:33 pm

I'd think that after the Wii Fit trainer and the Villager from Animal Crossing went in, there are effectively no rules. It's just about getting as many franchises represented as possible, so I wouldn't count anything out.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:47 am

Has it featured Sabreman yet? Could even be time sensitive , so if you play at night when there's a full moon he appears in wulf form.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Popeye. We got Mr Game&Watch, R.O.B and Duck Hunt duo so lets have another obscure "Nintendo" character from the arcade/NES days. ;)

Maybe the likes of Shovel Knight, Shantae and even a Dark Souls or Skyrim character since those were big 3rd party titles for the Switch thus rewarding Ninty loyalty this time (We are getting a Dark Souls amiibo after all, anything's possible... :lol: )?
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:49 pm

ALK wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:09 pm
Popeye. We got Mr Game&Watch, R.O.B and Duck Hunt duo so lets have another obscure "Nintendo" character from the arcade/NES days. ;)

Maybe the likes of Shovel Knight, Shantae and even a Dark Souls or Skyrim character since those were big 3rd party titles for the Switch thus rewarding Ninty loyalty this time (We are getting a Dark Souls amiibo after all, anything's possible... :lol: )?
If we're talking big third party games that hit the Switch last year, surely Doomguy has to be in with a shout.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Was thinking today surely Kingo Hippo will be introduced after we got Little Mac last game.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:19 pm

King Hippo seems possible. I’ve been expecting them to introduce King K Rool and Wart for years too. I’d like more of Nintendo’s own characters this time round as opposed to third party creations.