Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Ryan GH » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:52 am

My favorite is my pc as it can be any console I desire. :D

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:06 am

miqrojamie wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:42 pm
I'm miqrojamie. I found the magazine in WHSmiths in late July 2017 when me and my dad were at the coffee corner area at the top, and I decided to buy the latest issue of the magazine and the 2017 annual. I absolutely love your coverage of retro games and the fact that there is even a section for homebrew games :D

I'm into retro games since I was very young and also into computing at around the same time. I write a blog since yesterday about said subjects. My favourite consoles and games are... I honestly don't know, there are so many good ones to pick that I couldn't possibly have a favourite! ^^
Welcome to the forum :)

dste

Post by dste » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:29 am

miqrojamie wrote:
I write a blog since yesterday about said subjects.
Welcome to the forum. :)

You should check out this thread on blogs from other users: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16880&start=1815

I have one myself but haven't updated for a canny while now, really need to get back in to it.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:25 pm

miqrojamie wrote:
I'm miqrojamie. I found the magazine in WHSmiths in late July 2017 when me and my dad were at the coffee corner area at the top, and I decided to buy the latest issue of the magazine and the 2017 annual. I absolutely love your coverage of retro games and the fact that there is even a section for homebrew games :D

I'm into retro games since I was very young and also into computing at around the same time. I write a blog since yesterday about said subjects. My favourite consoles and games are... I honestly don't know, there are so many good ones to pick that I couldn't possibly have a favourite! ^^
Welcome! Yes there are so many fantastic games out there, if I made a list it'd change week to week.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

miqrojamie

Post by miqrojamie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:16 am

@Ryan GH: PC or Mac? OpenEmu is a great RetroArch alternative that is available for MacOS. Plus emulators tend to run really well on there.

@Darran: Thanks!

@dste: Quality over quantity. I try to pace myself and write every few days rather than every day so as to conserve quality. Don't worry about frequency.

@RetroBob: Heck yes. I have favourite games per system, genre, series, etc. but no defining favourite, lol.
Jamie Dignam | miqrojamie
My Blog

keith56

Post by keith56 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:23 am

Greetings, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Keith - an amateur Assembler developer... I developed the free, open source Amstrad CPC game Chibi Akuma(s) and was interviewed in the 'Homebrew Heroes' section of the Retro Gamer magazine in issue 165 (The game was reviewed in the same issue)

I've joined the forums at this time to promote my upcoming projects, namely the sequel Chibi Akumas Episode 2... which will be released Halloween 2017, and my planned MSX and Spectrum ports of the game, which I will start in 2018

Well anyway, Thanks for reading! if anyone has any questions about my games, or 8 bit development, please let me know!
Thanks,
Keith!
Chibi Akuma(s)... Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter for CPC: http://www.chibiakumas.com
「ちび悪魔」可笑しいゴシックSTG: http://www.chibiakuma.com
Out Now: Chibi Akumas Episode 2:Confrontation

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:44 am

Hi I've only just spotted this thread so a little late, I'm Arnie and have been into the retro scene for some time now and have every copy of Retro Gamer from the start of it all.

I got in to computers and gaming when retro was new and still have my first machine the humble ZX81 with 16K Memotech expansion and some home assembled Maplin kits (keyboard, sound and graphic cards). Sadly the games I had for it I loaned out but never got back. I also now have a big regret in selling my original Spectrum 128K, it was a nice machine and I had 50+ games (no pirate copies) for it plus extra hardware.

I favour the 8bit and 16bit days and like to see how the machines of the time all compare against each other though games and demos, plus also have a small collection of around 25-30 machines. Although back in the day I was a Sinclair fan for 8bit and Commodore Amiga for 16/32bit I have found merit in many other makes and like to see the good as well as the bad in them all.

dste

Post by dste » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:58 am

Arnie wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:44 am
Hi I've only just spotted this thread so a little late, I'm Arnie and have been into the retro scene for some time now and have every copy of Retro Gamer from the start of it all.
Welcome to the forum Arnie. Hope you njoy your stay. :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Silver Slipper

Post by Silver Slipper » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Hello All,

New here which is a travesty, been reading retro gamer from issue 1, i've got every copy bar 127-134 ( i fell off the planet after splitting up with the other half). Love the mag, problem is its read so quickly im chomping at the bit for 3 weeks until i hear that flap on the door mat and another shrink wrapped packet of retro goodness arrives.

Hope to chat with all soon

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Welcome to the new members!
Xbox Live: RetroBob

peter6168

Post by peter6168 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to the forum but have been collecting/playing retro for a long time. It first started when my dad got an Atari 2600 which I don’t remember much about as I was young. I then got a Master System 2 with Alex the Kidd built in. From there on I stuck with Sega all the way through to the end apart from having a NES at my grandparents’ house. I then moved onto PlayStation with the PS2 been the first console I bought with my own money.

We also had a caravan in Wales so every weekend I was in the arcade on site playing the likes of Double Dragon, Kung Fu Master and Altered Beast. Until they were removed to make way for games like ridge racer and house of the dead.

Once I started High School in the mid 90’s I got my first PC a 386 then a 486 and so on, playing games like Doom, Theme Hospital and Chips Challenge. My favourite genre is RPG with the likes of Shenmue, Final Fantasy, Suikoden, Ys, Zelda and so on. I now have a collection of over 50 consoles/handhelds and a shed load of games, with a dedicated room since we moved, that has 7 TV’s in it with 18 consoles set up.

Pete

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:15 pm

I've been away so long, I think I need to introduce myself again...

I'm Mike. I like the Dreamcast even more now than I did when I posted here regularly.

dste

Post by dste » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:00 pm

Welcome back ya turnip. :)
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

RandomBoo

Post by RandomBoo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:54 am

Hello, I’m new to the forum though I’ve been pottering about the site for a while now. Just as a basic introduction, I’m a writer and artist but my hobbies are collecting vinyl records and retro gaming.

I still have numerous old consoles, mostly a Nintendo follower. I’ve been Nintendo obsessed most of my life with the NES being my first ‘console’, prior to that I was a Spectrum and Commodore kid.

In terms of ‘modern’ gaming, I want to be a Playstation follower but I chose an Xbox instead, I had my reasons and I shall find a way of living with them demons in time…

BigBoi73

Post by BigBoi73 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:13 pm

Lo had a subscription to the magazine for around 18 months which I look forward to each month

Takes me back to when I was a wippasnapper buying and reading Crash and Zzap64 along with beating the keys on my 48k spectrum playing Daley Thompson's Decathlon :D

Seen the forum mentioned so thought I would take a look.