Secret Santa 2017 - Hints and tips

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

dste

Secret Santa 2017 - Hints and tips

Post by dste » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 am

Well this is normally all sorted by now and time is running out.

Same rules as per usual (thanks to copy and paste and ReplayRetro)

Please Read This Post Fully Before Responding

Closing date is 9pm Sunday November 26th

Please put in the subject line of your pm 'secret santa sign up'

>>>TO AVOID PROBLEMS PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS & RULES COMPLETELY BEFORE POSTING OR MESSAGING ME<<<

THE RULES!
1. If you are receiving a gift then you're sending one too, no exceptions. If you can't follow this rule you WILL be named and shamed
2. Items do not need to be gaming related but please remember we're on a gaming forum so it might be a good idea to keep it on theme
3. Gifts cannot include charity donations made on the recipients behalf (not knocking charity but it kinda goes against the idea of random gifting)
4. Ideally gifts should be between £5 and £10 there are loads of great gift ideas in this price range in stores at the moment and it should mean we all feel our gifts are the same kind of value I know that previously people have very nicely gone above and beyond this but that is obviously at the persons discretion. Of course if you're giving something out of your collection then it's more difficult to gauge its real value but please be fair to others
5. To take part you must have 50 posts or more, pretty much same reasoning as the selling rules. Hoping to attract reliable people who frequent the forums rather than just those looking to get something
6. To take part you must have been registered on the forums for at least 6 months, again this is to try and keep involvement to proper forum members

HOW IT WILL WORK;
Step 1. People PM me to enter (PMs must be received by November 26th) DON'T SEND IT YET, KEEP READING!
Step 2. After the closing date i'll work it into a list and everyone receives the details of who they need to send a gift to
Step 3. You will then find a gift for said forum member
Step 4. By December 15th all gifts must be sent out and confirmation of this sent to me
Step 5. Everyone receives their gifts and has a jolly old time with Christmas related shenanigans and tomfoolery
Step 6. A mob will be assembled to visit the addresses of those who received but did not send gifts (please provide own pitchfork/flaming torch)

HOW TO GET INVOLVED;
If you want to take part in this years secret Santa and you've read everything above PM me using "Secret Santa - " as the topic, it's important you use this topic to ensure the message is filtered into my special Secret Santa inbox, otherwise it may be ignored! Your message should include your address, gender, age, and what consoles you own (in case they want to give you a game) Personally i also recommend providing your name as it makes collecting the parcel from the PO easier, if you are getting your parcel delivered to a workplace then name is obviously crucial.
If you are unhappy putting your age please feel free to put an age range instead (ages might help your Santa target the gift)

e.g.
SUBJECT: Secret Santa - I'm In
Name: Bob Hoskins
Address: 11 Hoskins Tower
Hoskinsville
BH14 7HB
Consoles Owned: Philips Cdi

My inbox will not be automatically filtering messages so please only use the "Secret Santa - sign up" subject line for your entry, this makes it easier for me to send out addresses later, if you need to contact me for anything else please use a different subject line. Also if you don't use the correct subject line for your entry there's a good chance i won't see the message or may miss it when sending out details, It'll be your own fault so don't come moaning to me or your local MP.

If everyone who gets involved does this properly it should be just as successful as every year and a nice bit of community fun for the forum, so please only sign up if you're going to go through with it, or you're just going to cause a problem and find burning bags of turd on your doorstep (seriously, flushing the toilet isn't cheap, brown paper bags are)
Right i think that's everything, i'll wait for either a flood of pm's or tumbleweed
Last edited by dste on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

paranoid marvin

Re: Secret Santa 2017

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:54 am

Thanks dste , pm sent
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

rocky1980

Re: Secret Santa 2017

Post by rocky1980 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

dste

Re: Secret Santa 2017 - CLOSES TONIGHT AT 9pm

Post by dste » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:13 am

Closes tonight at 9pm.

Will then be sorting names. :)
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:14 am

Gutted I didn't sign up but not in the uk currently and won't know money situation till Tuesday.

dste

Post by dste » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:27 am

It closes tonight, I've extended the opening by a couple of days as I've been busy the past couple of days.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

dste

Re: Secret Santa 2017 - Registration closed.

Post by dste » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:35 pm

My sincere apologies for the delay in sorting names, unfortunately I've been under the weather these past few days.

I know time is running out to sort presents so I promise that names will be sorted tomorrow.

Apologies again.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

yakmag

Post by yakmag » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:17 pm

Gutted I missed this :cry:

Was away with work and only got to e-mails this afternoon.

Anyho, good luck with all your pressies!! Hope you've all been good and lots of retro goodness is forthcoming and no lumps of coal*...

*although that IS retro, in a way, you know what I mean!!

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:50 pm

yakmag wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:17 pm
Gutted I missed this :cry:

Was away with work and only got to e-mails this afternoon.

Anyho, good luck with all your pressies!! Hope you've all been good and lots of retro goodness is forthcoming and no lumps of coal*...

*although that IS retro, in a way, you know what I mean!!
coal is retro but surely there has to be a tangerine in the stocking (or old sock?)

disclaimer: my recipient won't be getting coal, tangerines or old socks. Have you SEEN the price of coal and tangernes these days?

dste

Post by dste » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:26 am

All sorted at last. :D

Everyone should have received a PM, any problems please let me know.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:52 pm

if my recipient (without naming names) could drop some hints that would be awesome

I sort of know what he is into, but have no idea what he wants/has already got

muchos gracias

paranoid marvin

Re: Secret Santa 2017 - Hints and tips

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Prefer not to have games, but that's fine if already bought.

I'm Large for T-Shirt, I like books, films, odd things

Tbh ANYTHING I'm happy with.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:20 am

paranoid marvin wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 pm
Prefer not to have games, but that's fine if already bought.

I'm Large for T-Shirt, I like books, films, odd things

Tbh ANYTHING I'm happy with.
I am exactly the same and same tshirt size

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:57 pm

been pushed for time as I have been working away.

Ordered something which should be here this week and then will be posted straight out

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Gaming-wise I'm into Nintendo stuff mostly. My t-shirt is a medium. Thanks. :)
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823