What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ShadowMan

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:23 pm

snesfanboy wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:37 pm
Exile's End on PS4, which was a nice throwback to the '80s action adventure platformers

though it has a very strange and possibly utterly frustrating 'autosave'
Is that where it saves after every screen? So you could lose almost all your health and have the game screw you over by checkpointing you when you can only take a hit or two? As I had that issue early on in that game, it gets way easier when you get a gun, but up to that point it can be a bit frustrating, especially with the rather harsh fall damage.

Great game though once you start getting upgrades, you just have to persevere to that point!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Professor Layton and Pandora's Box. Not thrilled about the story's ending but I liked the setting more than Curious Village, and the puzzles were good.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:31 pm

Mario Odyssey, Yakuza Kiwami, Hellblade, TxK and as of today: Metroid Samus Returns. Really had a good run this last week or so :lol: Still have tons of post game stuff to do on Mario though, so can see me playing that for at least another month. Loved all the above games, a really nice mix of action, platforming and story lead games :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

katastrophic88

Post by katastrophic88 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:23 pm

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream -- a game made in 1996 based on the short story by Harlan Ellison. Certainly worth checking out.

Tom_Baker

Post by Tom_Baker » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:23 pm

I finished Big Nose the Caveman on the Nes. Big nose has black hair (on the cover at least) like most people do and remember Jews are mostly blacked haired and I am pleased by this. But his nose lacks the beaky/hooked look of a jew like my fine hooky beak like snout, so maybe Big Nose is not of Jewish origin.

I'm also playing Marvel vs Capcom PS4 learning Miss Marvel.. I also played a online match against my hero Justin Wong and I told him he was so pringles and I asked him where his curly mustache was at? He invited me to Evo to watch him play and he showed me all the wrist action involved using mango sentinel.

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Tom_Baker wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:23 pm
I finished Big Nose the Caveman on the Nes. Big nose has black hair (on the cover at least) like most people do and remember Jews are mostly blacked haired and I am pleased by this. But his nose lacks the beaky/hooked look of a jew like my fine hooky beak like snout, so maybe Big Nose is not of Jewish origin.

I'm also playing Marvel vs Capcom PS4 learning Miss Marvel.. I also played a online match against my hero Justin Wong and I told him he was so pringles and I asked him where his curly mustache was at? He invited me to Evo to watch him play and he showed me all the wrist action involved using mango sentinel.
Please tell me the alcohol was good....

PSN username - MartinPhantom

dste

Post by dste » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Finally finished The Darkness.

Don't know whether only playing it when I could didn't help but I really found it to be dull and pants.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

dste

Post by dste » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Remember Me on the 360.

Really enjoyed this. It had one really annoying moment and a couple of annoying QTE's but overall I'm really glad that I played it.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:59 am

I finished off the free dlc Ressurection for star wars battlefront 2, short and sweet but it was average I suppose.

PSN username - MartinPhantom

seekingvirtue

Post by seekingvirtue » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:14 am

megaman 9

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:41 pm

Hellblade what a brilliant game very unique more puzzle solving survival horror game rather then combat. The gameplay changes from puzzle solving to time based dashes through a burning town, then survival horror as you enter hell and she has to creep through pitch blackness with all severed hands hanging from the wall as your chased by a unkillable Monster. Then a Ninja Gaiden fight scene against a army in a lake of blood followed by a boss fight against the previously unkillable monster
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

dste

Post by dste » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:59 pm

The Darkness II.

On reflection I couldn't stand the first one but actually really enjoyed this one. Massive improvement on the first one. More linear and enjoyable.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:49 am

Injustice: Gods Among Us on Wii U.

Still have a lot of content to get through but I finished the story mode. The plot is a bit confusing but I still really enjoyed it. Love the game overall, so much so I bought a couple more DLC characters.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:49 am

The new Wolfenstein. It’s probably my favourite game of last year. Brilliant fun and a great story too. The perfect balance of serious and absolutely crazy.

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:40 am

Sonic Adventure DX- The last achievement is glitched (Get 130 emblems by playing the DX version) but screw it, I got all 130 emblems and 60 missions done, 15 years after I thought it would be impossible on Gamecube.

Had heard if you get 130 on a 2nd save file, that achievement will unlock....guess I'll make a slow stroll...... :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.