What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

outdated_gamer

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by outdated_gamer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:16 pm

King's Quest 2015 remake. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised, it's a very good adventure game and I can only recommend it to adventure fans. It's not a traditional point-and-clicker as it's designed around gamepad control, but it works quite well with a keyboard too. There's some QTEs here and there but it didn't bother me at all and progression is elegant, unlike some classics of the genre that rely on "pixel hunt" and illogical puzzles or even impossible progression if you missed some item or event. Those are trully archaic approaches and for a modern adventure game, this is as good as it gets.

miqrojamie

Post by miqrojamie » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:33 pm

Donkey Kong Land on the original Game Boy, although I have a GBA SP (actually own two; relatives gave me their spare GBs and we have a bunch of old GBs in the loft). Brilliant game to take around and play, and even at home. :)

Thinking of buying DKL2 also, not too much money for it on eBay (for the cartridge only).
Jamie Dignam | miqrojamie
My Blog

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:50 pm

Mainly focusing on Mega Man 7 at the moment. Cleared all the normal stages and got all the (secret) items so its off to the fortress levels where I'm sure to start swearing profusely at the final boss (probably the hardest boss in the entire series!). Enjoying replaying this more than expected, it'll never be my favourite game in the series but I can really appreciate the decent level design and excellent boss fights (bar maybe one or two).
Also been playing the challenge mode attached to Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 - its a missed opportunity - in that its too easy and doesn't have enough level based challenges, instead doing lots of boss time attack fights which is still really fun, I was just hoping for something more akin to the challenge mode in the original Legacy Collection.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Mega Drive
Zombies Ate My Neighbours
After Burner II

Speccy
RoboCop
Bomb Jack
Elevator Action
Press Play On Tape

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:33 am

Witcher 3 on PS4 Pro.... what an incredible game. I'm level 15, hours and hours poured into it already and it never fails to blow me away.

stvd

Post by stvd » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:47 am

Just got Battlefield 1 (XB1) on the cheap.
I'm not the best at FPS but the online mp is brutal...... :shock:

miqrojamie

Post by miqrojamie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm

It'd be awesome if mouse/keyboard was supported on consoles, would make playing FPS games awesome :D
My Blog

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Still on Majora's Mask 3D. I'm enjoying it but I'll probably just do the bare minimum to finish it and come back to the rest of it later, I need to move on to other games.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 pm

More Mega Man 7, thanks to a challenge I've now managed to beat the final boss on MM7 without needing any healing items. Which is quite an achievement for me as I always considered that bastard the hardest boss in the entire series.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

stvd

Post by stvd » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:11 pm

miqrojamie wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm
It'd be awesome if mouse/keyboard was supported on consoles, would make playing FPS games awesome :D
That's what PC's are for! :D
Console controllers don't detract from FPS gaming.

miqrojamie

Post by miqrojamie » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:24 pm

stvd wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:11 pm
miqrojamie wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm
That's what PC's are for! :D
Console controllers don't detract from FPS gaming.
Not saying console controllers are bad but it'd be nice to have more freedom of choice in terms of controlling on consoles, this is one of the reason people prefer PC and I think it could really benefit a console if they supported extra controller types :)
My Blog

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Checking out No Man's Sky after latest update, besides the direct theft from Elite (Galactic map filterable, stations offering missions), the upgrade to procgen seems really damn impressive. Already found a scenic ice planet with deep canyons I want to set base at. The textures seem reworked too.

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:14 am

Playing Resident Evil 3 (completed thrice since starting), resident evil director's cut (completed for the first time, did it as Jill) good game, I've only ever completed the REmake.

Just started Resident Code Veronica and today I can finally start Sonic Mania.

I was also halfway through Phantasy Star 3.

Got to love moving house and having no internet!

PSN username - MartinPhantom

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:03 am

the kojima masterpeice that is metal gear solid on ps1 i started playing mgs v then when i went bed and saw my ps3 i had the urge to start mgs again komani were kings of ps1 games as were namco
This guy are sick

dste

Post by dste » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:49 am

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the 360.

Absolutely love MVC2 (one of my all-time favourite games) but for some reason I just really cannot get in to this one. No idea why as it has interesting characters, graphics are decent enough but it just seems to be lacking something.

Also doesn't help that Galactus is a massive tool.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!