Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

ALK

Re: Doctor Who Community Buzzing With Rumours

Post by ALK » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:16 pm

dste wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:02 am
ALK wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:23 pm
There'll be a special this Sunday after the Tennis Men's Final announcing the next Doctor.
I was really hoping that we were going to find out when Capaldi regenerates in the Christmas special. Would have been a really nice surprise such as when Jenna Coleman appeared in Asylum of the Daleks.
It would, but in today's internet and especially when they start filming the next series, it'll be leaked for certain. Least this way we can have further reveals leading up to the next series like what the new Doctor will wear, the companion, new logo, Tardis interior, etc. to create hype into the new post-Moffat era.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:40 pm

If its the grounds keeper again im gonna be annoyed
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:35 pm

It's Jodie Whittaker...
They've actually gone and done it... :shock:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:32 pm

gman72 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:35 pm
It's Jodie Whittaker...
They've actually gone and done it... :shock:
yeah I bet romana returns played by Lee Mack and the rani played by Bill Roach
This guy are sick

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:53 pm

All this hate im seeing

It makes me hungry for some heated up corn

*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:01 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:53 pm
All this hate im seeing

It makes me hungry for some heated up corn

I'd just rather see the strong female time ladies return to be fair
This guy are sick

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:06 pm

I didnt watch the last series so am a bit behind and TBH im not really bothered about who has the keys as long as the series is good

To bad a lot of people will now boycott is as "MUH MASCULINITY!"

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:23 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:06 pm
I didnt watch the last series so am a bit behind and TBH im not really bothered about who has the keys as long as the series is good

To bad a lot of people will now boycott is as "MUH MASCULINITY!"
I won't boycot it but she wont be a patch on peter but I say that in the same way as tom holland wont be a patch on toby mcquire as spiderman
This guy are sick

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Does this mean we'll now have a stream of guys falling over themselves for the Doctor in the show, and/or will she be extremely gay?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:51 pm

Does sexuality change with regeneration? Does that even need exploring? I'm fine with this, why not shake things up a bit. As long as the fan base gives her a chance let's just see how she does. Completely get where stayawhile's coming from, though, they could have just reintroduced Romana for a strong female character.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Sexuality doesn't need exploring at all in this show, but it's something that has been forced in since it's return. Hence my horrible fears this will just be another gay agenda piece instead of making an interesting doctor with interesting stories, with nobody caring who he's attracted to. It should be irrelevant.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:27 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:00 pm
Sexuality doesn't need exploring at all in this show, but it's something that has been forced in since it's return. Hence my horrible fears this will just be another gay agenda piece instead of making an interesting doctor with interesting stories, with nobody caring who he's attracted to. It should be irrelevant.
My fear is the next series will be a trans gender lecture. yes people are trans, yes there are some who won't accept it but wedging it into a sci fi show would be wrong. dr who has a message of everybody matters and to me that works better than trying to tackle every issue and subbtracting from the sci fi too much.
This guy are sick

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:48 am

My mind is still blown that they went ahead and did this. I wouldn't have minded if they had introduced some strong Time Lady characters - as I mentioned in the past, I think the Rani should have been brought back.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:30 am

It just seems too hot on the heels of Missy. I enjoy her portrayal of The Master, we have a strong female Time Lord there already, so seems excessive to jump straight(?) to a female Doctor. Since the last episode already had two versions of The Master in it anyway, there's no reason why we couldn't meet Missy again in her earlier timeline.

The trans thing shouldn't even need raising. People are people and it doesn't matter how they identify for this show (or it shouldn't matter), it isn't what the show is about (or at least wasn't before its return).

Its a bit like all the police shows where what we really want is the murder of the week, but they insist on jamming in all the relationship drama. I don't care about your wife/lover/mother, I'm not watching the show for your personal life, I want to be entertained by the twists and turns of the plot relating to the murder and the suspects.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:50 am

I really don't care, as long as it's well written.