What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

stayAwhile

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:24 am

rtrgrl78 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:27 pm
Picked up 'Alien Isolation ' used from GAME their sale bin for about £5.50 for the 360, got it home and it was pretty scratched up, also wouldn't install on the hard drive binned it as remember a dodgy scratched 007 game ruining my PS 3 laser - I might add, I suspected that myself as it was spinning a bit and nothing wrong with console beofre that. So, thought, I quite like the 360 and still use it best not risk it. Picked up from GAME as Well 'Bioshock 2' for about £3.50, in better condition and am enjoying that so far. Really want to pick the 'Bioshock Collection' when I've got time to pick up a PS 4. Played the 'Infinite' game a while ago on the PS 3 and loved that. Holding off getting a XBox One until the new one comes out and see what that brings.
yeah my old ps3 slim drive was screwed after using an old black ops game
This guy are sick

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:25 am

DPrinny wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:17 pm
More games, cheap ones as well

The plastic crappy trophy's have removable stickers, competition prizes..........
I quite enjoyed Star Trek Shattered Universe. It's shallow as anything, and there's not much variety to the game play, but it feels very authentically Star Trek. Plus, it has George Takei. Who doesn't like George Takei?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:42 am

People that hate gay people?

Is it any good as a pick up and play?
Local co-op?
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:44 pm

Sel Feena wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:51 am
Elite Dangerous - I have no idea what I'm doing! I picked up my first mission to buy some stuff for someone, but I'll be buggered if I can work out what gets sold where. I miss proper game manuals :(
It's tough, isn't it?!

I'd been waiting years for the PS4 release and it was the first game I'd pre-ordered in a long time; haven't had much time to play it this week so I've just done the first four training mission - must have had to check online for help about 6 times already. Took me ages to work out how to come out of supercruise and even longer to work out how to collect mined materials.

That said, and with all the difficulties the game is infamous for, I have a good feeling that I'm going to love it.
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:59 pm

More prize fodder
Currently £3.50 at Homebargains, they seemed to have the main cast
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:00 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:42 am

Local co-op?
Pick up and play is fine its fairly simplistic, don't think it has multiplayer though.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:06 pm

Treguard wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:00 pm
DPrinny wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:42 am

Local co-op?
Pick up and play is fine its fairly simplistic, don't think it has multiplayer though.
Got the games mixed up, thought you ment the PS3 one

Googled it, the PS3 one has local co-op
Need to nab more family friendly (NONE BLOODY LEGO) sci-fi movie games or ones inspired by films

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:07 am

rtrgrl78 wrote:
Picked up 'Alien Isolation ' used from GAME their sale bin for about £5.50 for the 360, got it home and it was pretty scratched up, also wouldn't install on the hard drive binned it as remember a dodgy scratched 007 game ruining my PS 3 laser - I might add, I suspected that myself as it was spinning a bit and nothing wrong with console beofre that. So, thought, I quite like the 360 and still use it best not risk it. Picked up from GAME as Well 'Bioshock 2' for about £3.50, in better condition and am enjoying that so far. Really want to pick the 'Bioshock Collection' when I've got time to pick up a PS 4. Played the 'Infinite' game a while ago on the PS 3 and loved that. Holding off getting a XBox One until the new one comes out and see what that brings.
Alien Isolation is £1.50 I always ask them to see condition and they put it through the cleaner for free
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:02 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:07 am
rtrgrl78 wrote:
Alien Isolation is £1.50 I always ask them to see condition and they put it through the cleaner for free
i once had a 360 game from game with laser burn near the centre but for even deep scraches those in store cleaners are supurb they are the reason cex is great for dvds
This guy are sick

dste

Post by dste » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:17 pm

pratty wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:06 pm
Treated myself to Baten Kaitos for the Gamecube, and a Wavebird controller. :D
That is a damn good treat. :)
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:10 am

Grabbed the PS4 Crash Bandicoot collection this week. I'd been looking forward to it for ages and it doesn't disappoint. It feels like a nice solid collection of 3D platformers, tons of replayability as well, I can see me playing the game quite a bit.
Also grabbed the Zelda BOTW DLC for the Switch since I'm currently playing through the game, and some of the items/quests will be really useful for me. The Korok mask has already proved to be incredibly useful.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:46 am

and

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:09 pm

che_don_john wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:44 pm
Sel Feena wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:51 am
Elite Dangerous - I have no idea what I'm doing! I picked up my first mission to buy some stuff for someone, but I'll be buggered if I can work out what gets sold where. I miss proper game manuals :(
It's tough, isn't it?!

I'd been waiting years for the PS4 release and it was the first game I'd pre-ordered in a long time; haven't had much time to play it this week so I've just done the first four training mission - must have had to check online for help about 6 times already. Took me ages to work out how to come out of supercruise and even longer to work out how to collect mined materials.

That said, and with all the difficulties the game is infamous for, I have a good feeling that I'm going to love it.
Spent a few hours last night trying to get some pirate kills for the Assellus community mission. Every time I got some licks in, the space cops would swoop in and take the kill! Every. Time. :x

But I'm really having fun, and at least it was good to zip around a planet's rings. Serious Star Wars vibes from doing that

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:09 am

Super Smash Bros and Bit Trip Saga for 3DS.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:56 pm

Another game for events, but also one that ill play