Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

resident paul

Re: Welcome back lord off topic

Post by resident paul » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Snakeeyes wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:56 pm
resident paul wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:54 pm
I'm assuming there will be the trade section back soon?
Thats been moved to the top of the " all about the games section ".

viewforum.php?f=19
Thanks mate I must be getting confused on my old age!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:24 pm
The Laird wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:04 pm
Well 3 of those names definitely had it coming . . . .
There's no need for that.
I've edited this Antiriad because there's clearly no breach.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:53 am

Spector wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:02 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:52 am
Welcome back Spector I Spat my tea out laughing when I read your irc post..
Aw Shucks thanks :mrgreen:
Antiriad2097 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:39 am
Do we have any users who won't be returning under their current usernames?
From what others have told me, markopoloman, RodimusPrime, The Beans, HalcyonDaze2000 and Necronom have been banned permanently.
IronMaidenRule wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:42 am

censored You All, I am posting elsewhere!

Bye you massive twonks!
:o
Look, don't sit on the fence, tell us what you really mean! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Go on then, one last post!!

This forum has changed, any users with personality and an opinion have been banned, I am assuming the new publisher of RG doesn't want any blow back from this forum on them, so it will now be heavily moderated for political and racist content. Most users I recognise are now posting elsewhere, so I can't see the point of hanging around here, haven't brought the mag in years.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:34 am

I rarely post these days but still enjoyed reading through the threads...especially in off topic. All those that have been banned are the ones I enjoyed reading the most. I genuinely don't think there's much left here to keep me coming back, unfortunately. Shame. :(
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:24 am

nokgod wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:34 am
I rarely post these days but still enjoyed reading through the threads...especially in off topic. All those that have been banned are the ones I enjoyed reading the most. I genuinely don't think there's much left here to keep me coming back, unfortunately. Shame. :(

Try over at the place in my sig Trev
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:55 am

Already done my friend 😊😉😎

See you there. Gonna drag Crusto over kicking and screaming too.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Megamixer

Re: Welcome back lord off topic & the Prinny God

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:03 pm

A huge mistake has been made in my opinion. A large chunk of regular contributers have been banned or driven off and these are the people who also posted a lot of good stuff in the "It's All About the Games" section. I don't necessarily think it's the current mod team that are to blame but Future, acting like a North Korean puppet-master and dictating what can and can't be said. Can only assume that:

a) they are too thick to see that they have seriously damaged the long-term member base of this forum who post regularly

or

b) have done this intentionally so that the forum winds down and they can say - at a later date - "oh, not enough people use it anymore - let's bin it". Creating a "fair" justification in advance so to speak.

I don't see the point in posting somewhere where we need to walk on eggshells. It isn't just the election threads that have been deleted but US/trump threads as well and also the "Would You?!?" thread which was a bit of fun. Way to go guys.

I guess I'll be banned next for daring to speak out.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:48 pm

Prinny god?

Thats to close to religion......................

Tom_Baker

Post by Tom_Baker » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:27 pm

aztecca wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:24 am
nokgod wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:34 am

Try over at the place in my sig Trev
Do you think the people who reside over at the place in your Sig will like my smile Aztecca? I hope so, I hope so:)

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:25 pm

Er, right. Off Topic returns and all Hell has broken loose. Staggered that certain Forumites have been banned; and for what? Posting in religious/political threads with their well-balanced and rather innocuous views? How utterly ridiculous. I could understand perhaps a temporary ban if the posts were offensive - some posts from other banned characters perhaps did skirt too close to the bone and too often - but to make bans permanent?

This has to be the work of suits, of jobsworthies. RG staff are likely to be ordered on pain of whatever crass nonsense has been spat their way to pass no comment on whose decision, but it cannot surely be the choice of RG; can it? Irrespective, the decision - and I hate myself for using this most horrible of words, and I apologise most profusely to anyone reading who is not connected with the decision - is a spasticated one. Bastorially spasticated.

Surely an outright ban is far, far too grievous. Everyone is entitled to a 'second chance'. Certain topics are now banned - that's fine. But to retrospectively ban anyone whose comments seemed harsh on such topics that were acceptable topics at the time, is pathetic. And these were topics of the time - it's only thanks to the recent indiscriminate incidents and the snap election that the topics ever appeared. Why not simply delete the topics, then ban them, slap everyone's wrists and get back to the community spirit this Forum once had? But no, instead a bunch of jobsworthies (surely) making spasticated decisions.

It's the end of the forum as we know it. And I seriously don't feel fine. So annoyed that I do question, even given my passiveness, lack of outspokenness (until this post) and general limited posting prowess, whether this Forum is now for me - I do not like Nanny State. And I do not like to see respectable, responsible and righteous individuals being given the boot. I feel we are now unfairly supressed, oppressed and hamstrung.

Only time will tell if I stick around. Shame, real shame as this was a great place to frequent. Was being the operative word.

OldLou

Post by OldLou » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:32 pm

Yikes! Heavy/involved stuff; and here I just discovered this place a few hours ago! :lol:

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:02 pm

If this was just the outspoken people that were critical about recent decisions, it would be one thing. It isn't though and anyone that has been on this forum for 5 minutes will recognise this as a fact. Sputryk, Megamixer, me, hardly the uprising of a new wave of anarchists is it?

The forum is extemely useful but needs the correct management, maybe a slight tightening of rules would have been beneficial, a few official warnings that a specific post or behaviour was crossing/crossed the line, but no, out come the bans.

I think we can all see that certain individuals want to bin the forum off. Bit of a sad state of affairs really that their strategy is to act this childishly and naively. By treating people like dirt it will ruin the forum and it will be down to whoever made this decision.

There needs to be some serious engagement with the regular posters as these are your readers and subscribers, there has been a lot of hard work go into this forum and this and the magazine go hand in hand, by ruining the forum the magazine will suffer. The behaviour by future in relation to this shows an apathy and distrust of its customers/readers/forum members. Take a long hard look at what is going on, yes I run a forum that has been heavily publicised all over since 'offtopicgate' not publicised by me I might add. What would make someone that would hope he was reasonably well regarded and trusted (among the few that know who he is) end up running a forum populated by people that have deserted this site? Draconian measures, overreactions and banning people without telling them why.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:08 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:48 pm

Prinny god?

Thats to close to religion......................
I told the Prinny God I didn't believe in him as was an atheist hoping I wouldn't have to fight him. He told me "I believe in you"

So what's the dark Prinny an evil Prinny God?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Not really played the series since 2

Ok D2 got played to the end

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:05 pm

flatapex wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:02 pm
banning people without telling them why.
This is actually my bad. I sent messages out to everyone involved and clearly didn't wait long enough for them to be read. I'm a magazine editor first and foremost and clearly not a super mod.
Also you're being a bit over-the-top with some of the claims you'I've made.