Europe's largest arcade - in Bury !

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: Europe's largest arcade - in Bury !

Post by DPrinny » Wed May 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Two more games added
Not been since before the upgrade, planning to on Friday, pending tiredness

Spector

Post by Spector » Sun May 14, 2017 3:56 pm

So just to confirm, this arcade will be open Friday/Saturday and Sundays through June?
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun May 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Unless the Facebook page says otherwise

ArcadeClub

Post by ArcadeClub » Mon May 15, 2017 2:26 pm

Spector wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 3:56 pm
So just to confirm, this arcade will be open Friday/Saturday and Sundays through June?
Yes - always open at the advertised times :)

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat May 20, 2017 7:35 am

Do you have Legionnaires, Starblade, Super Don Quoxite or Big Fight in the Atlantic Ocean on either floor? Be visiting in 2 weeks and would be all over those games..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ArcadeClub

Post by ArcadeClub » Sat May 20, 2017 8:15 am

Shinobi wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 7:35 am
Do you have Legionnaires, Starblade, Super Don Quoxite or Big Fight in the Atlantic Ocean on either floor? Be visiting in 2 weeks and would be all over those games..
No, apart from Starblade (which if one came up i'd probably buy)
you are the first person in thousands to ask for these games.. :)

Andy

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat May 20, 2017 9:24 am

ArcadeClub wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 8:15 am
Shinobi wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 7:35 am
No, apart from Starblade (which if one came up i'd probably buy)
you are the first person in thousands to ask for these games.. :)

Andy
Lol I do like the obscure games, shame about Starblade very immersive game they had it down Paignton Pier until a few years back.

Do you have any hydraulic games like Out Run, Power Drift, After Burner etc?

P
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Wed May 24, 2017 2:22 pm

Me and some work mates are heading to Arcade Club this Friday, we can't bloody wait!

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:32 pm

I'll be visiting relatives 'Up North' over the Summer, so I will definitely have to make a detour and check this place out - Sounds/Looks fab!! :-)
Press Play On Tape

Spector

Post by Spector » Sat May 27, 2017 5:03 am

I've gone on to the Raileasy.co.uk website and looked at train tickets from Glasgow Central to Manchester and it confuses me when it says with an "!" beside it : "Your selected inbound journey is between Deansgate and Glasgow Central. Your selected inbound fare is valid between Manchester station and Glasgow station."

I don't know about Deansgate, but does it make much difference if I'm using it as a stop to get a tram to Bury?
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sat May 27, 2017 5:16 am

Spector wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 5:03 am
I've gone on to the Raileasy.co.uk website and looked at train tickets from Glasgow Central to Manchester and it confuses me when it says with an "!" beside it : "Your selected inbound journey is between Deansgate and Glasgow Central. Your selected inbound fare is valid between Manchester station and Glasgow station."

I don't know about Deansgate, but is it near the manchester stations? Does it make much difference?
Deansgate is right on top of Manchester Oxford Road (literally a two minute walk), a short distance from Manchester Picadilly (five minute walk maybe) but a fair way from Manchester Victoria. So the ticket might be valid for all three as a zonal thing.
Either way, if your ticket is way cheaper by getting off at Deansgate you're still right in the heart of Manchester. In fact, I'd just stay on the train until Picadilly anyway. Dunno which is best for way trams/trains though. When I went to the arcade I went to Victoria.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat May 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Super Don Quoxite - that brings back memories. Tbh not seen any laserdisc on my visits to the arcade, a shame as I reckon titles like Space Ace, Dragons Lair etc would get plenty of play.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

ArcadeClub

Post by ArcadeClub » Sat May 27, 2017 5:11 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 2:30 pm
Super Don Quoxite - that brings back memories. Tbh not seen any laserdisc on my visits to the arcade, a shame as I reckon titles like Space Ace, Dragons Lair etc would get plenty of play.
We have Dragons lair 1 & 2 and Space Ace - they will be in the Arcade at some point this year, we're currently working on Major Havoc, Rampage, Lunar lander and a few others... they'll all be in eventually ;) -Andy

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat May 27, 2017 5:36 pm

ArcadeClub wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 5:11 pm
paranoid marvin wrote:
We have Dragons lair 1 & 2 and Space Ace - they will be in the Arcade at some point this year, we're currently working on Major Havoc, Rampage, Lunar lander and a few others... they'll all be in eventually ;) -Andy
Fabulous! The LaserDisc games were always crowd pullers and the only disadvantage was the 50p per go; but those who could play through several sections tended to get plenty of attention from others and were real legends. The cab art, the graphics, the sound - everything about Dragons Lair , Space Ace etc was show-stopping. Super Don Quixote I remember seeing a couple of times and looked pretty good. Fire Fox was pretty cool too. Obviously not great for long term gameplay, but the best - most memorable - arcade games are those that blew you away for the few times you got to play them.

PS do you have 720 degrees? That was a great cab. And glad you've got Marble Madness out, that game is awesome.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

ArcadeClub

Post by ArcadeClub » Sat May 27, 2017 5:47 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 5:36 pm
ArcadeClub wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 5:11 pm
paranoid marvin wrote:
Fabulous! The LaserDisc games were always crowd pullers and the only disadvantage was the 50p per go; but those who could play through several sections tended to get plenty of attention from others and were real legends. The cab art, the graphics, the sound - everything about Dragons Lair , Space Ace etc was show-stopping. Super Don Quixote I remember seeing a couple of times and looked pretty good. Fire Fox was pretty cool too. Obviously not great for long term gameplay, but the best - most memorable - arcade games are those that blew you away for the few times you got to play them.

PS do you have 720 degrees? That was a great cab. And glad you've got Marble Madness out, that game is awesome.
A friend is lending a 720 degrees to us soon - but I will search for one of our own ;) Marble Madness is a great addition yes :) we have loads of games coming in (and projects in storage) :)