DPrinny

Re: The Star Wars thread

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Star Wars 2017...............

She looks in Lukes room and wonders why theres so meany used tissues

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:33 pm

The first The Force Unleashed game will be given away on Games with Gold over 360 next month (16th to 28th) which is also backwards compatible with XBONE.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:33 am

Sel Feena wrote:Luke turns to Dark Side. Calling it now.
rey will be a kenobi, palpatine will be ressurected and kylo will become a jedi are my predictions
This guy are sick

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:06 am

Rey a Kenobi? I'm thinking Skywalker is more likely. Having his student, Kylo, wipe out all(?) his other apprentices and (so he believes) his daughter seems like a good reason to become a hermit on some remote planet where you can't hurt anyone else. Kylo's reverence for his grandfather suggests connections to that line may be saved, hence hiding Rey.

Might be too obvious, but this is Star Wars, so subtlety isn't its forte.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:12 am

Kylo as a Jedi? Yeah, think that would be interesting, a redemption arc.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:57 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Rey a Kenobi? I'm thinking Skywalker is more likely. Having his student, Kylo, wipe out all(?) his other apprentices and (so he believes) his daughter seems like a good reason to become a hermit on some remote planet where you can't hurt anyone else. Kylo's reverence for his grandfather suggests connections to that line may be saved, hence hiding Rey.

Might be too obvious, but this is Star Wars, so subtlety isn't its forte.
my thinking is qui gon trained obi wan who trained anakin and gave luke anakins sabre so if rey is a kenobi she gives luke his sabre back and a skywalkker is playing the old ben role and would be a trainer to a kernobi and mabie she trains qui gons grand child in 9 completiing the circle, plus obi wan spoke to her in her vision
This guy are sick

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:15 am

It's unlikely either Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan had children, since the old Jedi Order forbade any personal attachments. Since this was a major factor in Anakin's fall to the dark side, it remains unlikely Obi-Wan would have been tempted to pursue this after the fall of the Jedi, especially considering his own guilt about his failings as a master to his apprentice.

Luke doesn't have this doctrine and may have attempted to build a new Jedi Order where this wasn't the case. Indeed, the bond with his sister and teacher saved his life more than once, so it is entirely possible the Skywalker line would continue beyond Leia's children to his own.

I think the saber is just a mcguffin to bring Rey and Luke together in a dramatic way, to remind Luke of his past victories and ensure he returns to the fray, guiding Rey's innate force abilities. Could it be the prophecy was assumed to be fulfilled too early, and the chosen one was not Anakin at all, but his grandaughter, that he was the beginning of the prophecy but not its end and his role was to reproduce more like him?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:It's unlikely either Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan had children, since the old Jedi Order forbade any personal attachments. Since this was a major factor in Anakin's fall to the dark side, it remains unlikely Obi-Wan would have been tempted to pursue this after the fall of the Jedi, especially considering his own guilt about his failings as a master to his apprentice.

Luke doesn't have this doctrine and may have attempted to build a new Jedi Order where this wasn't the case. Indeed, the bond with his sister and teacher saved his life more than once, so it is entirely possible the Skywalker line would continue beyond Leia's children to his own.

I think the saber is just a mcguffin to bring Rey and Luke together in a dramatic way, to remind Luke of his past victories and ensure he returns to the fray, guiding Rey's innate force abilities. Could it be the prophecy was assumed to be fulfilled too early, and the chosen one was not Anakin at all, but his grandaughter, that he was the beginning of the prophecy but not its end and his role was to reproduce more like him?
I always saw lukke as the chosen one since he eradicates the sith and starts a new jedi acadamy but you may be right.
This guy are sick

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Oh, I suppose we should mention the games in the SW universe. There are actually a lot of decent ones for that franchise.

Star Wars the arcade game. Okay, I'm sure we have all played it as a kid in the arcades. The vector graphics. Going on the Death Star run, etc. A classic in anyone's book. There were some pretty good home conversions of it(I'm thinking the Amiga and Atari ST ones).

Empire Strikes Back the arcade game. Hmm, perhaps it doesn't have the verve of its predecessor. I think having the separate stages sort of makes it less fun. The AT-AT one at the beginning is the most fun.

Return of the Jedi the arcade game. I think this one tends to get overlooked. Not having vector graphics makes it stand out from the others. The speederbike stage is probably the best, closely followed by the Death Star run.

X-Wing. The game that made many people want to buy a DOS PC - and also a decent analogue joystick! Sort of a flight sim in space - think Falcon or F15 Strike Eagle, but with X-Wings, Y-Wings and B-Wings. A really great game - and you have to know the keyboard commands!

Tie Fighter. My personal favourite of the series. Playing on the dark side was more fun! Great variety of spaceships as well.

X-Wing Alliance. Pretty decent. It was great you got to use the Millennium Falcon and the gun turrets as well.

Star Wars : Dark Forces. The first FPS. It was okay, but a bit too hard for myself. I understand that the Playstation version was criticised for its graphics.

Star Wars Jedi Knight : Dark Forces II. This improved on its predecessor in many ways. Great levels and decent weapons - as well as the Force powers and the lightsaber duels with the other Jedi. Had a great atmosphere as well.

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith. The expansion to Dark Forces II. It's okay, but a bit too hard for my tastes.

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. This game is sort of half an FPS and half a third person shooter(something more like Max Payne). It's a pretty decent sequel, and it has to be said that it was good to see that it was trying to be different. A bit hard in places, and some of the level design is a bit questionable(near the end level there's a part where a lot of people get stuck!). Overall, a pretty welcome addition.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. I heard that this had got rave reviews on the Xbox, so I was delighted when this came to the PC. An amazing RPG - and I was never a fan of the RPG genre, in some ways it introduced that genre to me. Great storyline and characters. Really captures the essence of Star Wars.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II : The Sith Lords. Doesn't match its predecessor for gameplay, storyline or sheer depth of scale, but it's still fun. I suppose it was rushed in production. It's still pretty good, but it's so hard to top the original in terms of gameplay and fun.

I know there's loads of other games, but those are the ones that I have played.
Last edited by Katzkatz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

dste

Post by dste » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:16 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:I like it, it echoes the OT, where we had A New Hope, and Return of the Jedi, now we have The Last Jedi. Return of the Jedi used red for its colour scheme (at least sometimes), so further links back.
So you are saying that it's going to be a remake of Return of the Jedi... :wink:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:33 pm

Katzkatz wrote:Oh, I suppose we should mention the games in the SW universe. There are actually a lot of decent ones for that franchise.

Star Wars the arcade game. Okay, I'm sure we have all played it as a kid in the arcades. The vector graphics. Going on the Death Star run, etc. A classic in anyone's book. There were some pretty good home conversions of it(I'm thinking the Amiga and Atari ST ones).

Empire Strikes Back the arcade game. Hmm, perhaps it doesn't have the verve of its predecessor. I think having the separate stages sort of makes it less fun. The AT-AT one at the beginning is the most fun.

Return of the Jedi the arcade game. I think this one tends to get overlooked. Not having vector graphics makes it stand out from the others. The speederbike stage is probably the best, closely followed by the Death Star run.

X-Wing. The game that made many people want to buy a DOS PC - and also a decent analogue joystick! Sort of a flight sim in space - think Falcon or F15 Strike Eagle, but with X-Wings, Y-Wings and B-Wings. A really great game - and you have to know the keyboard commands!

Tie Fighter. My personal favourite of the series. Playing on the dark side was more fun! Great variety of spaceships as well.

X-Wing Alliance. Pretty decent. It was great you got to use the Millennium Falcon and the gun turrets as well.

Star Wars : Dark Forces. The first FPS. It was okay, but a bit too hard for myself. I understand that the Playstation version was criticised for its graphics.

Star Wars Jedi Knight : Dark Forces II. This improved on its predecessor in many ways. Great levels and decent weapons - as well as the Force powers and the lightsaber duels with the other Jedi. Had a great atmosphere as well.

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith. The expansion to Dark Forces II. It's okay, but a bit too hard for my tastes.

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. This game is sort of half an FPS and half a third person shooter(something more like Max Payne). It's a pretty decent sequel, and it has to be said that it was good to see that it was trying to be different. A bit hard in places, and some of the level design is a bit questionable(near the end level there's a part where a lot of people get stuck!). Overall, a pretty welcome addition.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. I heard that this had got rave reviews on the Xbox, so I was delighted when this came to the PC. An amazing RPG - and I was never a fan of the RPG genre, in some ways it introduced that genre to me. Great storyline and characters. Really captures the essence of Star Wars.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II : The Sith Lords. Doesn't match its predecessor for gameplay, storyline or sheer depth of scale, but it's still fun. I suppose it was rushed in production. It's still pretty good, but it's so hard to top the original in terms of gameplay and fun.

I know there's loads of other games, but those are the ones that I have played.
the best sw games for me are the new battlefront,the vector ones,trilogy arcade and masters of teras kasi
This guy are sick

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:54 pm

Only Star Wars game I can say I've beaten/completed are Arcade Trilogy (To the point where I can go through it on 1 credit) and Bounty Hunter on the Gamecube. Owned plenty, just never really gotten round to at least beating the story on a lot of em. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:45 pm

Here's Barry Norman reviewing Star Wars for the first time on his celebrated Film TV program :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOAevaDpBE4

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:57 am

Katzkatz wrote:Here's Barry Norman reviewing Star Wars for the first time on his celebrated Film TV program :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOAevaDpBE4
Barry Norman was a grump sod but love the show. There was nothing else like it at the time.