the fire pro wrestling thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

stayAwhile

the fire pro wrestling thread

Post by stayAwhile » Sun May 14, 2017 3:36 am

any fire pro fans.

my first experience was on gba and last week i bought returns but i prefer the gba game,though returns is great. one thing i don't get is comparing it to wwe games wwe is more arcade fun, fire pro is all about tactics. also wwe is us tv style wrestling fp is japanse style wrestling(is shoot wrestling the right term? )

i liie how you can use cpu logic to create true to life versions of wrestlers and whi'e some say its the best caw system i prefer the svr caw system but thats because its quicker to use but i have to say it's very satisfying to see a john cena sprite that you crafted and then pit him in a cpu fight with hulk hogan and have it play out true to real life form.

I will be getting fp world on ps4 i would like it if people could upload caws movesets and logic presets to psn to help each other out but I also want more match types (gba had more than ps2) a story mode or other forms of single player content would be good too and alt attire slot for caws even if it uses up 1 of the caw slots. either way it will be the best wrestling game on ps yet.
This guy are sick

learnedrobb

Re: the fire pro wrestling thread

Post by learnedrobb » Sun May 14, 2017 11:58 am

Japanese style wresting (or Puroresu) is generally more hard hitting than the American style. Some call it "shoot". Some call it "Strong Style".

As for the Fire Pro games... I really enjoy them. The dynamic of having to build the match slowly and work up to using the power moves makes for a more "realistic" approach, IMHO.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Sun May 14, 2017 5:40 pm

I first found out about Fire Pro Wrestling back in the early days of me having the internet and all them gif makers making cool little gifs involving loads of tables and cool spots, I then found out about the game and gave it a download, loved it for what it was but hated it as I was so bad, forgot about it and moved on.

Few years later I found out about the GBA version having a management of the ring mode and someone had patched all the text to english, jumped on it as I loved EWR / TEW so was all over it, complet with a modern US Roster too I loved it, got better at the game, then grabbed Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for the PS2 in english from an italian site when it got annonced, found out how to update the roster with the memory card trick and still give it a spin now and again, love it

think its a great game, im not master by any shot but love the game for what it is and the type of matches you can have, looking forward for the PS4 release for sure!

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sun May 14, 2017 5:56 pm

learnedrobb wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 11:58 am
Japanese style wresting (or Puroresu) is generally more hard hitting than the American style. Some call it "shoot". Some call it "Strong Style".

As for the Fire Pro games... I really enjoy them. The dynamic of having to build the match slowly and work up to using the power moves makes for a more "realistic" approach, IMHO.
yes it's almost it's own genre i like watching cpu matches playout the gba version is my favourite 2d wrestling game
This guy are sick

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Mon May 15, 2017 7:23 pm

nah .....

oh THAT fire pro wrestling!
:mrgreen:

using SUPER FIRE PRO WRESTLING X PREMIER TRANSLATED those were made when i was wanting to do a web comic style thing with it, taking EVERY SINGLE bit of screenshots and editing them, but a unintended reformat ended it all!

couldn't play it for toffee but wanted it for simming.

as for FIRE PRO RETURNS .....

i sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wanted it, but since it wasn't released in europe officially (only in italy), so i prayed and prayed and pray (not really :D ) ..... THEN A MIRACLE HAPPENED!

casually browsing G-FORGE up in glasgow on the 25th april 2012 i spotted it, sitting there on the shelf, mocking me ..... and my smile never left my face all day :P it was a tenner .....

so off i went renaming them myself, and setting up my FIRE PRO WRESTLING SUPERfeds 2.0, but had another problem hoving into view!
how to get MORE caws into it?
easy you say?
naw

i just got an ACTION REPLAY MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX off amazon, and a few more memory cards, so i added a few more caws into it!

both game and cheat system i have beside me "strokes them evily"

NOW

i have a powerful enough PC to run it through emulation, and because it's 2D based it flys, and no more disc swapping and USB stick sticking in and out now, now i just download and convert and stick in the game :mrgreen:

i've gone through over forty saves so far and listed all those i can use, and there's plenty more

other than NHLPA93, this takes up the most time doing simming competitions, which i love doing 8)

don't get me wrong, the WWF games i also like, although it's only up to SvR that i have anyway, and i have self made caws for that as well.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Tue May 16, 2017 6:15 pm

wwf/wwe caw are amazing but 2k15 ruined it but i'm loving fire pro returns but i want fire pro A again even though it was on gba it was amazing and its starter rooster was great(i never alter or rename the rooster when thres caw slots to fill same with pes i add 2 real kits per team add a commentary name but keep the fake name and kits it adds charm over licenced games)

isn't masked kane in returns but with a lucha mask and 90's suit?
This guy are sick

David

Post by David » Wed May 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Yes!!!!!

Fire Pro Wrestling D - English translation on Dreamcast is my favourite game of all time.

Tried fp returns but the timing felt "off" compared to the dreamcast version, which is utterly perfect

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Wed May 17, 2017 3:24 pm

David wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 2:46 pm
Yes!!!!!

Fire Pro Wrestling D - English translation on Dreamcast is my favourite game of all time.

Tried fp returns but the timing felt "off" compared to the dreamcast version, which is utterly perfect
returns is fun but gba seems the best never played any japan exclusives though
This guy are sick

David

Post by David » Wed May 17, 2017 3:35 pm

If you have a dream cast download and burn the translated version of fire pro d. It's amazing

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Wed May 17, 2017 6:17 pm

David wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 3:35 pm
If you have a dream cast download and burn the translated version of fire pro d. It's amazing
I have the CDI downloaded for that and need to get that burnt and sorted

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Thu May 18, 2017 1:28 am

David wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 3:35 pm
i'm temped to get a DC just for that (well and the rollercoast game)
This guy are sick

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Fire Pro Returns always seemed the unreachable fruit!

I heard about this game, and watched lots of videos but it was only ever available via Japanese or Italian import! :-(

But it's a game that has always seemed amazing with seemingly limitless options and freedom in things such as to be able to customise everything from the roster, the arena and even the referee .

I'm a huge Old School Wrestling fan, and especially love days of the Territories, so it would be awesome to be able to have Jerry Lawler vs Eddie Gilbert or Terry Funk vs Abdullah The Butcher - And it's about the only game where Abby has his fork!

If it is ever on PS Network again I will snap it up double quick!!
Last edited by SpecChum81 on Fri May 19, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Press Play On Tape

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Fri May 19, 2017 1:07 pm

SpecChum81 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 12:49 pm
Fire Pro Returns always seemed the unreachable fruit!

I heard about this game, and watched lots of videos but it was only ever available via Japanese or Italian import! :-(

But it's a agme that has always seemed amazing with seemingly limitless options and freedom in things such as to be able to customise everything from the roster, the arena and even the referee .

I'm a huge Old School Wrestling fan, and especially love days of the Territories, so it would be awesome to be able to have Jerry Lawler vs Eddie Gilbert or Terry Funk vs Abdullah The Butcher - And it's about the only game where Abby has his fork!

If it is ever on PS Network again I will snap it up double quick!!
create a us psn account find buy $10 credit from playasia or ebay and fpr is yours. its never been on uk psn but ps4 is getting fpw
This guy are sick

David

Post by David » Fri May 19, 2017 1:49 pm

I just set up a USA pan account to run alongside my normal one and bought it there

Then download a save file from Internet with all the 90s wrestlers etc

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Fri May 19, 2017 3:52 pm

David wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 1:49 pm
I just set up a USA pan account to run alongside my normal one and bought it there

Then download a save file from Internet with all the 90s wrestlers etc
i'm making them one by one it's more fun although your method means better moves and cpu logic
This guy are sick