What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

rocky1980

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by rocky1980 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:18 pm

Unfortunately...

The harder you work and the better job you do of something, the more you will just get taken the p*ss out of and used/abused. It's more often the utter c***s, corrupt types and those willing to throw other people under a bus that will get places. Most higher-ups I have had to work for show these types of traits and all the lazy f***s who do the bare minimum at work are the ones who get away with murder while those doing the job properly are immediately pulled up as soon as they open their mouth to speak to a colleague or look like they aren't carrying everybody else as per usual.

A little bit of a bitter rant there. I do apologise...

Rant away mate, god knows I do :!: I have been that person who did the work of two people and covered for everyone, yet the one day I was feeling crap I got pulled into the office for 'not working hard enough' after that I knew it was time to go. I gave 2 weeks notice and left. My old boss still blanks me even tho I did nothing wrong and I left in 2003
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Thu May 11, 2017 6:33 pm

I worked a job years ago where I applied for a promotion and got down to the final two then didn't get it. I was told that it was because the other person was better qualified for the position than me. I was disappointed but didn't have a problem with that.

Then I find out they gave the job to a 19 year old girl who worked under me (yes I was her direct boss) and had worked there less than 6 months! Just to add insult to injury she was terrible at her job and had an appalling attendance record. Still she was nice to look at I suppose . . . . .

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Thu May 11, 2017 6:36 pm

The Laird wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 6:33 pm
I worked a job years ago where I applied for a promotion and got down to the final two then didn't get it. I was told that it was because the other person was better qualified for the position than me. I was disappointed but didn't have a problem with that.

Then I find out they gave the job to a 19 year old girl who worked under me (yes I was her direct boss) and had worked there less than 6 months! Just to add insult to injury she was terrible at her job and had an appalling attendance record. Still she was nice to look at I suppose . . . . .
No one to blame but yourself in all honesty, you should have wore shorter skirts and smiled a but more.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:59 am

useless courier tracking "Due to be delivered today" - well I know that, does not help me at all
Rocky

Image Image

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Fri May 12, 2017 8:44 am

Its also good when they tell you the name of the person delivering it, like as if Steve will deliver it any faster than Brian. :wink:

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri May 12, 2017 8:48 am

It's Amazon cheaping out and using Hermes. In the good old days when they used DPD all the time then it was great
Rocky

Image Image

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri May 12, 2017 9:49 am

Having a boss that thinks that having a staff meeting at the time of shift when we are most busy is a good idea

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri May 12, 2017 10:12 am

RetroAerosmith wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 8:44 am
Its also good when they tell you the name of the person delivering it, like as if Steve will deliver it any faster than Brian. :wink:
TBF Brians a bit slow, not as bad as john though, he is bloody useless.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun May 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Three things today:

Looting games where the "attack" button is also the "pick up this item and automatically equip it" button.

Replacing the zero in 2018 with the letter K. As in "NBA 2K18".

People who put tomato sauce on a meat & tatie pie.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:39 pm

People who put tomato sauce on a meat & tatie pie.

No no no, they are evil people just like my sister who puts in on everything steak, ice cream (yes really), everything :evil:
Rocky

Image Image

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon May 15, 2017 6:37 am

Wasteful people

Work is ment to be making cut backs on things (staff and the likes)
Went into work today to find a load of sandwiches, crisps and peanuts left in the open all weekend, all had to be chucked away

Some of the trays haven't even been opened, id say about a quarter of the lot was eaten

So wasteful

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Mon May 15, 2017 10:33 am

People who don't listen or don't take any notice of anything you told them.

Somebody I am working with asked me for all the specifications and details for a job, so I linked him to the website that contained all the information he needed.

A week goes by and all is quiet, so I ping him asking him what's going on and he tells me that I still haven't given him any details and gives me a long list of all the things he needs to know, the answers to ALL of which could be found on the webpage I previously linked him to! :x

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon May 15, 2017 11:46 am

DPrinny wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 6:37 am
Wasteful people

Work is ment to be making cut backs on things (staff and the likes)
Went into work today to find a load of sandwiches, crisps and peanuts left in the open all weekend, all had to be chucked away

Some of the trays haven't even been opened, id say about a quarter of the lot was eaten

So wasteful
We have that at our place in the Cheap MDF rubbish too. Fridge is always full of 25% eaten stuff. Nobody knows who it belongs too and before long, the whole lot is out of date and being binned.

Others will buy a pack of cobs or baps, eat two of the six then leave the rest on the side. Again, there will usually be multiple stale + mouldy packs piled up by the end of the week. All binned again.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon May 15, 2017 2:41 pm

The Laird wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 10:33 am
People who don't listen or don't take any notice of anything you told them.

Somebody I am working with asked me for all the specifications and details for a job, so I linked him to the website that contained all the information he needed.

A week goes by and all is quiet, so I ping him asking him what's going on and he tells me that I still haven't given him any details and gives me a long list of all the things he needs to know, the answers to ALL of which could be found on the webpage I previously linked him to! :x
I know that feel, its usually the women in work that do that

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Tue May 16, 2017 2:14 am

Amazon is a bit odd sometimes. I ordered 2 lots of Dominion Black Cherry Soda (the best cherryade that I've tried). They were "out for delivery" on Sunday. One turned up, and was left behind our bins. The other was seemingly "returned to Amazon for a refund". Not sure why. Is it possible they just didn't have enough stock to deliver 2 and decided to lie about it? It's taken awhile to get this one through even...