What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Katzkatz » Tue May 02, 2017 3:59 pm

pratty wrote:
Sephiroth81 wrote:
Katzkatz wrote:Chavs.

I think some sort of mass cull of these low life scum could help the UK out a lot.
So NOW you want to do that, after they voted Brexit on mass in the EU referendum! :P
As if chavs vote. :lol:
Pratty makes a good point - chavs don't vote. For one thing, they're probably not registered. Secondly, they can't read, write of doing basic arithmetic - let alone speak - and even drawing an "X" on a voting form would be too tough for them. :lol:

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:00 pm

Katzkatz wrote: Pratty makes a good point - chavs don't vote. For one thing, they're probably not registered. Secondly, they can't read, write of doing basic arithmetic - let alone speak - and even drawing an "X" on a voting form would be too tough for them. :lol:
I certainly won't spend any time defending chavs!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:33 pm

Katzkatz wrote:Chavs... I think in Scotland they're called "Neddies".
Neds. Its an abbreviation for Non-Educated Delinquents, which I assume originated as a term used by the Polis.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Tue May 02, 2017 6:36 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Katzkatz wrote:Chavs... I think in Scotland they're called "Neddies".
Neds. Its an abbreviation for Non-Educated Delinquents, which I assume originated as a term used by the Polis.
Do you see many of them, where you are, Antiriad? Please tell me don't wear tartan tracksuit bottoms! :lol: I've heard the one of the problems with them in Scotland, is that they tend to drink a lot of Buckfast Tonic Wine - and that causes some serious trouble!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Its more of a west coast thing tbh, as is Buckfast..
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Tue May 02, 2017 11:25 pm

the company i was due to go on a supercar driving day with, going bust the day before i am due to go driving :(

then my bank advising that it will take until the end of the week to decide if the money i paid to the company directly is covered by a chargeback or if I have to file a creditor application to the liquidators

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed May 03, 2017 4:44 pm

Roadworks, temporary light systems and road closures. I work as a delivery driver and it seems that there is a ludicrous amount of the aforementioned everywhere lately. The sigh of disappointment as I round a bend and see the sign for temporary lights is getting a bit too frequent.

Usually I don't complain about roadworks because we all moan when roads aren't being fixed but as far as I can see, none of the road closures are in aid of actual road repairs which are desperately needed. They're all for stuff like internet cabling or electrical work.

Think I heard on the radio the other day that 1 in 6 roads will be unusable and will have to be closed by the year 2025 if they don't step on it and start repairing them properly. Dumping a blob of tarmac into a hole only lasts for a matter of weeks.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu May 04, 2017 12:23 am

Yeah, roadworks are a pain in the feking backside. They have just close a small road in Poole - but this particular small section of a small road is a route for a number of busses and, as it now seems a major road for all traffic in and around the town. It is a nightmare with tailbacks all across the town all bloody day.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:43 am

When you click on a spam link here of 'Fat ebony sexladies' video and the link doesnt work !

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri May 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 5:00 pm
Katzkatz wrote: Pratty makes a good point - chavs don't vote. For one thing, they're probably not registered. Secondly, they can't read, write of doing basic arithmetic - let alone speak - and even drawing an "X" on a voting form would be too tough for them. :lol:
I certainly won't spend any time defending chavs!
Not even to bring balance to the conversation and making sure that all Chavs are not unfairly tarnished by the same brush. Are you sure you don't want to point out that there are bound to be a few nice young uns unfairly labelled as chavs and they just need a chance.

All in the fairness of balance of course.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:24 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Not even to bring balance to the conversation and making sure that all Chavs are not unfairly tarnished by the same brush. Are you sure you don't want to point out that there are bound to be a few nice young uns unfairly labelled as chavs and they just need a chance.

All in the fairness of balance of course.
Too right - because the very definition of a chav is someone who is often violent or a lout. Other than acknowledging the probability of bad upbringing and parenting, environment etc, they are not going to be a priority of mine to defend, even if I feel a bit sorry for them ultimately. But yea, those who are labelled as chavs, but in fact aren't (and just resemble them in appearance or voice only), they have my support. :)

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sat May 06, 2017 12:18 pm

The guy posting above me - "Roberthar". Stop spamming us with your dodgy p0rn sites! :lol:

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sat May 06, 2017 9:16 pm

the prices some charity shops want for stuff !
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun May 07, 2017 12:15 pm

People who talk with a mouthful of food in their trap.

It's so common nowadays, especially on the TV. I was brought up with the belief that it's a poor show of manners if you do this, when did it become the norm?

I effing can't stand it, disgusting. :evil:

Eat your nans pants

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:37 am

manners in general have gone :( people just act without thinking
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image