What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RodimusPrime

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:09 am

DPrinny wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:
paranoid marvin wrote:Watched the new Ghostbusters film. I had grave doubts , but tried to have an open mind. Watched about the first 30 mins before deciding it was **** beyond redemption.
It gets better toward the end. It's still a bad movie for all sorts of reasons (a female cast not being one of them, though some of the casting choices for those females is), but the early part doesn't represent the movie in total. I stuck with it so I could at least have a fully informed opinion.
Wonton f**king soup anyone?

Planning on giving it another go but had a quick look at it the other day. Have to admit, the Wanton soup part was where I turned it off as well.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:15 am

She goes on about it, its a thing, its ment to be funny as shes large and likes to eat

HUR HUR HUR

dste

Post by dste » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:55 am

Bojack Horseman season one and the Christmas special.

First six episodes are not great but then episode seven it gets really good.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:56 am

DPrinny wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:
paranoid marvin wrote:Watched the new Ghostbusters film. I had grave doubts , but tried to have an open mind. Watched about the first 30 mins before deciding it was **** beyond redemption.
It gets better toward the end. It's still a bad movie for all sorts of reasons (a female cast not being one of them, though some of the casting choices for those females is), but the early part doesn't represent the movie in total. I stuck with it so I could at least have a fully informed opinion.
Wonton f**king soup anyone?
Funny this is, I used to like Wonton soup - now this film has put me off it! :lol:

Anyway, last night's viewing :-

The Lunchbox - an Indian film. A widow office worker receives the wrong lunchbox one day and this eventually develops into a romantic relationship via the exchange of letters inside the lunchbox. Has sort of shades of Brief Encounter. A pretty decent film, and not your standard Bollywood fare.

Simon Amstell : Carnage - a spoof documentary on veganism. It's up on the BBC's Iplayer site for a year. Quite a clever satire. If only it had been around when the vegetarian thread was popular on this forum! :lol:

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:53 am

Not long finished Iron fist on Netflix
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:36 pm

Naruto Shippuden

When you buy some dodgy DVDs off ebay thinking its the full series only to find out its the first 60 episodes, then start watching it by downloading it off shitty broadband with LIMITS!! Then get better BB Then ten years later you watch the ending...........

GEE IM GLAD I DIDNT WATCH ALL THE FILLER!!

Now hurry the fug up One Piece

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:44 pm

2 x Long-Haul flights = lots of movies!

Dr Strange - Generic superhero origin movie. Criminal mis-use of the excellent Madds M. A few fun moments but a rushed plot and undercooked villian.

Jack Reacher 2 - Loved the first one, liked this but it wasn't as good. A lot of focus on secondary characters and the whole plot made a few improbable reaches.

Kubo and the Two Strings - An absolutely stunning family flick! Excellent characters, fun story and gorgeous animation. Really pleasantly surprised by this one.

Suicide Squad - Garbage. Absolute garbage. Wanted to like it but the plot was non-nonsensical, the acting was wooden and the action scenes were confusing at best, boring at worst.

The Accountant - Pretty decent action flick, I like Ben Affeleck so his inclusion is a plus. The story kind of stutters along but it was a fun watch.

I'm normally pretty generous when it comes to movies but most of these were meh at best! Sad...

dste

Post by dste » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:20 am

rocky1980 wrote:Not long finished Iron fist on Netflix
What did you think? I haven't watched it yet (still need to watch Luke Cage) but have been reading about IF getting a kicking.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:56 am

What did you think? I haven't watched it yet (still need to watch Luke Cage) but have been reading about IF getting a kicking.
I really liked it. Not as dark as Dare Devil or Jessica jones, however still really good and I am looking forward to season 2. However before you watch it, you need you need to watch Luke Cage, some stuff that happens in Cage is referenced in Fist
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:08 am

Cold in July - a re-watch. An indie thriller starring Michael C. Hall(Dexter). It's set in the 1980s and a man is burglared during the night and shots the burglar. Then he bumps into the dead man's father and all hell breaks loose. Things are not what they first seem to be. Catches the 1980s vibe very well, as it features an electronic synth soundtrack, you notice phone boxes are actually used, one guy has a mobile phone the size of a brick, VHS tapes feature and also Don Johnson has a part in the film. It'll be interesting to see what the director(Jim Mickle) does next. A pretty good little thriller.

Night Train to Lisbon - starring Jeremy Irons and Tom Courtenay. It's based on a book. A professor saves a young woman's life and then follows her to Lisbon. A mystery unveils. A unusual story, but quite compelling.
Last edited by Katzkatz on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:45 am

Ghost in the Shell (2017)

I think they got the plot mixed up with Robocop

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:43 pm

DPrinny wrote:Ghost in the Shell (2017)

Isn't that based on an anime film? It certainly looks interesting. I might catch it when it comes on TV.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Katzkatz wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Ghost in the Shell (2017)

Isn't that based on an anime film? It certainly looks interesting. I might catch it when it comes on TV.
(One minute review of it on my Youtube)
It has the characters and setting of the film, but they dont act as they did in that

The story is also mixed up with bits of robocop and bits from the OVA that feel tagged in to please the fanboys

But fan boys will hate it because CH-CH-CH-CHANGES!

nerveless, it is a good film with tons of eye candy (as in the sets)

At least it isnt as bad as Dragonball Evo

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 am

Watched episode one of series one of Billions the other day. Was pretty good, think we'll go through it. Quite like to watch Taboo, I think, as well.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:20 am

Money Monster - with George Clooney and Julia Roberts. Directed by Jodie Foster. Shades of Dog Day Afternoon and Network. It's sort of a financial drama/thriller. Quite tense at times and it will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Wild Tales - an anthology film featuring six different darkly comic tales. An Argentine film. Sort of feels like a Tales From the Crypt episode. Good performances from the whole cast.