What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

rtrgrl78

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by rtrgrl78 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:49 pm

ICO - For the PS2 and it looks a bit blurry on the 50 inch plasma, (hoping to order the PS2 a composite cable) I have to say, Can't complain everything I play on this TV (thanks to my Dad for upgrading his) plays pretty nice, the 360 and when the PS3 worked. Tried Ico on a little LCD 15 inch TV by Bush and it's alright, so an alternative to move the PS2 Upstairs at some point. Mario and Yoshi on the original Gameboy Color, just a random cartridge I picked up at Play Expo, last year, surprisingly a quite decent game once you get the right light. Can see me emulating this if I go on holiday.

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:34 pm

a good long six hour sesh on DISNEY INFINITY 3.0, where i finished the TWILIGHT OF THE REPUBLIC playset yeah 8)

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:41 am

Project Diva X - Finally filled all the spheres with voltage, now working on clearing all of the requests (Cool, Quirky and Elegant left to do). After that it's a case of unlocking all of the costumes, which will take approximately 100 years :(

Hearthstone - Playing on a daily basis, can't quite sum up the enthusiasm to climb the ranked ladder. Was on a mean losing streak until I switched to Hunter (trash tier class) and somehow stumbled on to a 12 game win streak.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:32 pm

^ The more I think about the costume unlock system in PDX, the more it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially with the DLC to unlock stuff. :?

Thought I'd try out Let it Die, love Grasshopper but not really sure if the free to play model will be intrusive or not. Definitely looks good fun though.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:31 am

XCOM 2

Wow! Incredible. Highly, highly recommended.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:05 am

Struggling to finish Uncharted4', just finding it a chore..boring levels where i think the novelty has worn off...i just walked around a massive house looking for a diary yet it all felt like a massive walk and talk cutscene followed by the obligatory chase. There was a clumsy drive up a river in a jeep level where the route is so linear yet unclear its tedious play. Probably my gaming dissapointment yet, which is why im not looking forward to The last of us2, itll be more of the same.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:15 am

Sel Feena wrote:^ The more I think about the costume unlock system in PDX, the more it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially with the DLC to unlock stuff. :?

Thought I'd try out Let it Die, love Grasshopper but not really sure if the free to play model will be intrusive or not. Definitely looks good fun though.
I actually love the unlocking system, it feels like opening a pack of trading cards in the middle of every song! The only down-side to that is, from a competitionist point of view, having to RNG your way to the top. I'm finding the friendship grinding far more frustrating. 5 levels have been doubled up to 10, the face touching has been removed and gifts will give minuscule boosts.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:43 pm

So does that game come with a two player game? Is it pick up and play?
Looking for more Japanese style games for that yearly Japanese fest that you dont see around a lot

Playing Moonbase inc on my phone
A simcity-a-like without the usual mobile BS, even if it does have things you can buy that just makes you win the game in one building

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Still playing Yakuza 6. Managed to finish the story side of things off in 44 or so hours, but in doing so I missed quite a lot of the side stuff. From hostess side missions, Mah Jong, more Virtua Fighter 5 FS, Gang Creator & Baseball modes etc. there is still tons of stuff to sink my teeth into.

Vita wise I've been working through the DLC on Wipeout 2048, finished off the Directors Cut missions on Escape Plan and played a couple of missions on Joe Danger here and there (which is actually kinda fun).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

David

Post by David » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:03 am

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (PS3)

As much as I can see its a bigger more ambitious game than previous versions, and the dit packs you can download are incredible, there's just something "off" about the grapple timing.

If they just made it the same control timing as Fire Pro D on dream cast it would pretty much be the greatest game ever

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:20 am

djcarlos wrote:XCOM 2

Does it play well on the PS4? On my shopping list but waiting for a price drop.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:07 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:
djcarlos wrote:XCOM 2

Does it play well on the PS4? On my shopping list but waiting for a price drop.
I think it plays brilliantly on the PS4. I'm around 8 or 9 hours in now, I also bought all the DLC (which is discounted to £7.99 for the lot at the moment on PSN) and it integrates perfectly into the storyline. I didn't even realise which bits were DLC until I read some reviews afterwards.

I am a long-time fan of the XCOM games, and this really is the pinnacle.

David

Post by David » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:54 am

Just got modern warfare 3 and gta 4 for the grand total of £4 from cex.

Only ever done the first few missions in gta 4 and never played mw3 so shall be trying them tonight

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:56 am

David wrote:Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (PS3)

As much as I can see its a bigger more ambitious game than previous versions, and the dit packs you can download are incredible, there's just something "off" about the grapple timing.

If they just made it the same control timing as Fire Pro D on dream cast it would pretty much be the greatest game ever
Strange, it feels perfect on PS2

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:28 am

DPrinny wrote:So does that game come with a two player game? Is it pick up and play?
Looking for more Japanese style games for that yearly Japanese fest that you dont see around a lot
You mean the Diva games? If so, they're extremely easy to pick up and play (being rhythm games). No two player options though.