Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DPrinny

The Babylon 5 thread

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:34 am

As we get nothing..............

Antiriad2097

Re: The Babylon 5 thread

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:57 am

I should probably get round to watching the end of this, it's only been about 20 years. I watched the first couple of seasons and quite liked it, but I missed the whole shadow wars thing thanks to hooking up with Mrs Ant around then.

I'd really like to track down a copy of the Buda 5 mod for Independence War. I didn't play it properly back then and the website has been down for years now.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:28 pm

Ahh, I tried watching a few on Channel 4, when it first aired in the UK. I was sort of intrigued by it - mainly because for the first season they used Amigas for the special effects! :D I couldn't get into it. I then tired it again when Watch were showing it a few years ago. I then sort of got into more. It's got a more sort of political element to it, with all the different races against one another. You sort of have to watch it in blocks of episodes(as there's usually a continuing story arc) and you'll find that you'll get more out of it. I did enjoy it. I suppose it's really quite a cult compared with other sci fi like Star Trek and The X-Files. Quite niche. Although, it's mentioned in Breaking Bad.

I have seen a few of the special one off films - but not all of them. I also think there's a follow-up series(Crusade) - that I haven't seen.
Last edited by Katzkatz on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:51 pm

I thought Babylon 5 was excellent, very underrated, the Shadows are a classic sci-fi baddie with ultra cool ships, and the political intrigue made it a cut above many other shows.

necronom

Post by necronom » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:57 pm

B5 is one of my favourite shows.

I have it all on DVD, and I've seen the films and spin-offs.

Any scenes with G'Kar and Londo are usually excellent.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:55 am

Antiriad2097 wrote: I'd really like to track down a copy of the Buda 5 mod for Independence War. I didn't play it properly back then and the website has been down for years now.
Here you go:

https://www.i-war2.com/downloads/catego ... 5-shipyard
HADDOCKEN!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:33 am

Scapegoat wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote: I'd really like to track down a copy of the Buda 5 mod for Independence War. I didn't play it properly back then and the website has been down for years now.
Here you go:

https://www.i-war2.com/downloads/catego ... 5-shipyard
Aren't those just converted ships and a few missions for I-War 2, rather than the total conversion for I-War 1? Last time I looked, all the sites for Buda 5 were either down or dead links to the main site.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:46 am

Take a look in the Independence War I section https://www.i-war2.com/downloads/catego ... 5-missions, I've only tried the iwar 2 mods myself.
HADDOCKEN!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Excellent work, thank you :D

For any other B5 fans that want to give it a whirl, I-War is available from GoG for under a fiver, and does turn up in their sales sometimes.

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:41 pm

unfortunately started at season 2 at original broadcast, but re-saw the whole thing a few years ago.

brilliantly realised characters and a great alternate for star trek

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:56 am

mr jenzie wrote:unfortunately started at season 2 at original broadcast, but re-saw the whole thing a few years ago.

brilliantly realised characters and a great alternate for star trek
It was great that it featured Majel Barrett and Walter Koenig in it.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:I should probably get round to watching the end of this, it's only been about 20 years. I watched the first couple of seasons and quite liked it, but I missed the whole shadow wars thing thanks to hooking up with Mrs Ant around then.

I'd really like to track down a copy of the Buda 5 mod for Independence War. I didn't play it properly back then and the website has been down for years now.
Once the Shadows have been dealt with, it kind of just meanders along I felt. The stuff that's there is enjoyable, but not necessary. Also Vir Cotto is one of my fave sci fi characters.

Anyway, how about that Crusade spin-off series, eh? :lol:

yakmag

Post by yakmag » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpb1OXvNNMc

Only kidding, loved it esp the Shadow War, really was good, shame that they rushed the conclusion of it, I think it was due to a writer's strike? Could be wrong tho.