What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

theantmeister

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by theantmeister » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:15 am

Got Titanfall 2 for Christmas and got stuck in. The single player is a little short, but I really enjoyed most of it. Surprisingly, the bits outside of the mech are the best. Wall running and double jumping all over the shop - it's like Mirror's Edge meets CoD. The mech bits feel plodding and limited in comparison.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:17 am

The Last Ginja wrote:Titanfall 2. Such a fantastic campaign with so many neat ideas.

Buy it, play it, finish it, thank me, then get on the ridiculously good multiplayer.
Thank you :mrgreen:

(I don't really play multiplayer though)

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:54 am

Finalyngot round to playing the sp on call of duty 2 it's so much better than the crap sp in the black ops games not surre what I'll tackle next but o have enough to choose from I may try complete a train 6 or I may try hit half a million visitors on rollercoaster dreams or I might even go for call of duty 3
This guy are sick

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:25 pm

I finished the final story mission on Skyrim Special Edition today. I managed to find the mask and shout that are exclusive to that mission - you can't go back until you've completed it. Now to finish off side quests and load up loads of mods to see what happens. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

dste

Post by dste » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:45 pm

Completed Diner Dash on the DS and loved it.

One of those really simple games but it was rather addictive.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:55 am

I Am Setsuna. Wonderful game. Beautiful music, fantastic story and a bleak but brilliant game world. It's like Final Fantasy of the PS1 era - if you were a fan of those games, I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy this.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:09 pm

Shining force 3 part one

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:39 pm

LAIS wrote:I Am Setsuna. Wonderful game. Beautiful music, fantastic story and a bleak but brilliant game world. It's like Final Fantasy of the PS1 era - if you were a fan of those games, I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy this.
I didn't even know this was out. Seemed like a load of hype for it then...nothing.

I guess it's snuck out digitally then? I was definitely interested in it.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, got 91% completion. Really enjoyed my time with this game, the final sliding sequence was a pain mind. Hopefully there's DLC to come, would love more stages to play through

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:19 am

Megamixer wrote:
LAIS wrote:I Am Setsuna. Wonderful game. Beautiful music, fantastic story and a bleak but brilliant game world. It's like Final Fantasy of the PS1 era - if you were a fan of those games, I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy this.
I didn't even know this was out. Seemed like a load of hype for it then...nothing.

I guess it's snuck out digitally then? I was definitely interested in it.
Yeah it's a digital release on the PS4 and PC. If you like FFVI-FFIX I'd be very surprised if you didn't like this. The story is superb and the game itself is a lot of fun too. I'd definitely recommend it.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Finished a 'medium' difficulty playthrough on Onechanbara Z2: Chaos for PS4. Easily the best one yet but the main problem is that the character models and crazy moves seem to get better and better with each sequel but enemy AI, environments and interactivity are still stuck in the PS2 era. Dunno whether I will bother going for the harder difficulties as I genuinely feel like I have seen it all in one run-through.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:04 pm

Completed Gods on the Mega Drive, through emulation with save states. It might be considered cheating, but that games bloody hard.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:50 am

Treguard wrote:Completed Gods on the Mega Drive, through emulation with save states. It might be considered cheating, but that games bloody hard.
Well done. I could never get past one of the switch puzzles on, like, level 3 or something.

I completed The Last Guardian yesterday. I don't mind admitting to getting a bit weepy at the end. These Team ICO games just have a quality to them that I can't describe. I can't think of another set of games that manage to maintain a coherent theme the way these do - even with so little traditional story telling in them.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:51 am

Titanfall 2 on PS4 campaign mode. Was really really good. Would recommend this highly! :)

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:24 pm

theantmeister wrote:
The Last Ginja wrote:Titanfall 2. Such a fantastic campaign with so many neat ideas.

Buy it, play it, finish it, thank me, then get on the ridiculously good multiplayer.
Thank you :mrgreen:

(I don't really play multiplayer though)

:lol: You're welcome.