Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
Big Shoes
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:29 pm
Location: Crawley

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by Big Shoes » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:44 am

Just spent my bonus on a new TV, SAMSUNG UE65KS7000 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 65" LED TV. Its got a 10 Bit panel and HDR 1000, top of the range unless you go OLED.

Should be awesome with the Xbox One S and the Ultra HD Blu Ray Player.

Paul

User avatar
David
Posts: 3860
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:05 am

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by David » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:47 am

2x tickets for my wife's birthday to see Scooter in stuttgart.

37 and going to a German techno band FFS :)

User avatar
Negative Creep
Posts: 3842
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:59 pm
Location: Rochester, Kent

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by Negative Creep » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:15 pm

Went into Toys R Us for the first time in about 15 years to buy Christmas presents for my nephews and was surprised about the amount of gaming stuff they had. Mario, of which I bought them 3 large figures, Sonic, Zelda etc I could understand, but was surprised by the Halo and Call of Duty action kits, and a Five Nights At Freddy's range. You know, for kids?
Image

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24335
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:58 pm

Image

User avatar
silvergunner
Posts: 1916
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:09 pm
Location: Stockton

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by silvergunner » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:23 am

Pre ordered the new panzer dragoon and revenge of shinobi soundtracks on vinyl from those nice folks at Data Discs.

Both packages look really nice. Must admit though I did not go for the limited edition of panzer as the colour scheme is not great. They tried the same type of design for golden axe and it did not work for me.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24335
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by DPrinny » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:19 am

Image

Now give it a month to charge

User avatar
ArchaicKoala
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:52 am

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by ArchaicKoala » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:19 pm

Big Shoes wrote:Just spent my bonus on a new TV, SAMSUNG UE65KS7000 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 65" LED TV. Its got a 10 Bit panel and HDR 1000, top of the range unless you go OLED.
Paul
How are you finding the TV? Any issues so far? I'm thinking of picking the exact tv up

speedlolita
Posts: 7056
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by speedlolita » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:17 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Went into Toys R Us for the first time in about 15 years to buy Christmas presents for my nephews and was surprised about the amount of gaming stuff they had. Mario, of which I bought them 3 large figures, Sonic, Zelda etc I could understand, but was surprised by the Halo and Call of Duty action kits, and a Five Nights At Freddy's range. You know, for kids?
Right, because all the Robocop, Terminator and Alien/s toys I had as a child were appropriate. :roll:
Logged out 15/07/2014.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24335
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by DPrinny » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:56 am

A new leather wallet for a fiver

Gave the old one to the parrot

User avatar
Carrot007
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Leeds

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by Carrot007 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:34 pm

New socks from asda.

Image

User avatar
c0nfu53d
Posts: 2096
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:35 am

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by c0nfu53d » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Image

User avatar
Big Shoes
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:29 pm
Location: Crawley

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by Big Shoes » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:19 am

ArchaicKoala wrote:
Big Shoes wrote:Just spent my bonus on a new TV, SAMSUNG UE65KS7000 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 65" LED TV. Its got a 10 Bit panel and HDR 1000, top of the range unless you go OLED.
Paul
How are you finding the TV? Any issues so far? I'm thinking of picking the exact tv up
Hi, Sorry, I have just seen your reply. The TV arrived with a massive scratch on the back, about 80cm long! So i complained, but they didn't have anymore stock and couldn't tell me when they would be in! So, after about 4 phone calls and complaints, they changed the TV to the 8000 model for free and delivered it the next day! result. It is a great TV, the picture is amazing, Sky HD looks better than ever and the 4K is awesome, The Grand Tour in 4K is great and i have watched a few 4K Blu Rays on it and that is amazing. Highly recommend the TV.

User avatar
silvergunner
Posts: 1916
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:09 pm
Location: Stockton

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by silvergunner » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:32 pm

Big Shoes wrote:
ArchaicKoala wrote:
Big Shoes wrote:Just spent my bonus on a new TV, SAMSUNG UE65KS7000 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 65" LED TV. Its got a 10 Bit panel and HDR 1000, top of the range unless you go OLED.
Paul
How are you finding the TV? Any issues so far? I'm thinking of picking the exact tv up
Hi, Sorry, I have just seen your reply. The TV arrived with a massive scratch on the back, about 80cm long! So i complained, but they didn't have anymore stock and couldn't tell me when they would be in! So, after about 4 phone calls and complaints, they changed the TV to the 8000 model for free and delivered it the next day! result. It is a great TV, the picture is amazing, Sky HD looks better than ever and the 4K is awesome, The Grand Tour in 4K is great and i have watched a few 4K Blu Rays on it and that is amazing. Highly recommend the TV.
At least the third week of January for more stock of the larger size KS7000 range. Glad to hear your 8000 series tv is spot on. The samsung quality control on TV's this year has been shocking to say the least.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24335
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by DPrinny » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Image

About half an hour of rummaging in the charity shops meany boxes of VHS to find them

IronMaidenRule
Posts: 4413
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:33 pm

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:46 pm

A Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse, was getting very annoyed at using a laptop track pad again and went for a Bluetooth mouse over a USB dongle.

Seems a decent enough mouse, keep catching the side button that brings up the start menu.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest