Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

nokgod

Re: Today

Post by nokgod » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:50 pm

sscott wrote:
nokgod wrote:
sscott wrote:Today I have booked in a school trip to Geneva to see large hadron collider. Gonna get my science on!
Heh, that's a coincidence. My son has just come back from seeing that and the UN. Said Switzerland was fantastic. :)
Just what I wanted to hear! :) looking forward to it and the kids are the best and brightest!
I'll see if he'll forward me a few snaps from his phone and i'll upload them here for your perusal :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Today I found out my mother in law only has weeks like to live :cry:
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:21 pm

That's awful news mate. Heart goes out to all your family!
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Today I decided something I didn't think I'd do and vowed to make a start on getting rid of most of my gaming collection for good :shock:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:28 pm

Thanks, not a lot they can do Its gallbladder cancer which is rare. It has also spread all through her body. You know it not good news when you start googling and under treatment options you see “clinical trials” She has five grand kids (my 2 plus my 3 nieces) They range from 1 to 12 in age we need to keep things as normal for them and make sure it does not ruin their Christmas no matter what happens

Today I decided something I didn't think I'd do and vowed to make a start on getting rid of most of my gaming collection for good :shock:
good luck mate, every time I try I find myself on ebay weeks / months later buying stuff again
Rocky

Image Image

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:39 pm

rocky1980 wrote:
good luck mate, every time I try I find myself on ebay weeks / months later buying stuff again
I don't think I will this time because I'm not selling for space/money reasons. Trying to battle on-off depression + want to make some other major life changes for good this time and I have realised that the collection just doesn't make me happy anymore. I game a lot less than I used to as well so other than the absolute essentials/favourites, I can't see myself ever wanting to invest the time into the other games/consoles. Essentially I want to start by getting rid of everything in my life that isn't making me happy or I can't be arsed with anymore.

Selling/packing will inevitably annoy me to no end though!

Sorry about your news btw.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:55 pm

Essentially I want to start by getting rid of everything in my life that isn't making me happy or I can't be arsed with anymore.
That sounds like a dam good idea. I know my collection is just stuff. However its my escape from the real world. Good luck with getting rid and finding things that make you happy

Thanks, its hit my wife hard. Her mum is only 61.
Rocky

Image Image

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Dude I can only echo the sympathies that have been posted already, if you need to talk to someone then drop me a pm. I've been in your position about a year ago with my father in law so I know all too well what it is like

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:38 am

Today, my new Macbook charger came. Yeah. :D

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:59 pm

Megamixer wrote:
rocky1980 wrote:
I don't think I will this time because I'm not selling for space/money reasons. Trying to battle on-off depression + want to make some other major life changes for good this time and I have realised that the collection just doesn't make me happy anymore. I game a lot less than I used to as well so other than the absolute essentials/favourites, I can't see myself ever wanting to invest the time into the other games/consoles. Essentially I want to start by getting rid of everything in my life that isn't making me happy or I can't be arsed with anymore.
Speaking from my own experiences, I did something similar a while ago and it changed things for the better. Selling up a bunch of games I wasn't using allowed me to immigrate to Canada, where I got so many life experiences. Now I have a modest collection of games I genuinely want to play. Hell, even just the extra space that you get by not having boxes upon boxes of crap...good luck with it mate!

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:01 pm

rocky1980 wrote:Today I found out my mother in law only has weeks like to live :cry:
Man that sucks. Hope Christmas goes as smooth as possible for the family.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:06 pm

Megamixer wrote:
rocky1980 wrote:

Selling/packing will inevitably annoy me to no end though!

I don't take anywhere near as much now. Started to play a bit more now my son is old enough to play fairly well now the age he is at.

Must admit I could get rid of loads and probably be ok with it. My son loves looking at it all though. If i do get rid of loads I will keep the 80 odd megadrive games I have as he really does love them along with the memories I have playing them when I was a kid.

My main thing I take enjoyment from is music again. It's fantastic that you can put it on anytime while doing anything and still enjoy it. Play way more music than doing anything else these days

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:59 am

Today, I booked a last minute ticket to go and watch a Skyrim music concert at the London Palladium, for tonight.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:48 pm

Today I chose my time a lot for interview for a new job. Thought my chance had gone. It may not be exactly like my old job but that was tainted by poor management and a lack of logic. New job , fingers crossed , could lift my spirits.

pratty

Post by pratty » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:30 am

Best of luck Shifty. :)
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823