Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

flatapex

Re: Today

Post by flatapex » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:30 pm

Katzkatz wrote:Today, BT came around to fix my broadband - again. Apparently, they might build a new exchange closer to me. Hmmm. The engineer also told me, that it depends on some of the lines to the exchange, as they can go from copper(good) to aluminum(bad) - and that's one of the problems. He's given me another upgrade - this time on the Mark 3 socket - it has a separate socket for the broadband and one for the normal telephone. Here's hoping this connection is more stable.

I am thinking of starting up a new group. We'll attack the BT Tower in London. Who's up for that?
bt were horrendous when our broadband was bad. our landline had a fault which they denied (despite the fact we could barely hear them denying it through all the interference on the line), kept saying it was sky, who said it was bt etc.

Didnt help that our master socket was under the stairs and in order to plug an answering machine into the socket, we would have to either fit a socket under the stairs, have the master socket moved to where we thought it was originally, or pull up the hall flooring.
no, no and no.

We cancelled the whole thing off and went with virgin, its been miles better.

Oh and today was my father in law's memorial service, well it was everyone that had funerals at that particular church in the last year. This time next week is my sister's anniversary, not looking forward to that at all

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:42 am

Today - I realised I'd been a bit of a censored lately to some people - more than my usual miserable self. I apologise for being a censored to anyone on this forum.

I don't apologise for my opinions , just my over exuberant and arrogant expression of them. If anyone was offended , call Samaritans though as I still don't give that much of a censored.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Today, I had to change the password on my BT wifi router. Still having a lot of problems with it. Oh - and my Macbook Pro's Power charger has finally decided on giving up the ghost! Grrrrrr! :twisted: :twisted: It's been wearing down at the Mag Safe connector, and started shorting a few days ago. It was probably a bit dangerous. Going to have to get a new one now.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Give your Wifi box a funny name

I really have to change mine as "Notthespyvanoutside" is no longer punny

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:58 pm

Just got back from the local fireworks display. The theme for the music was lost legends, so I must say it was fantastic to here ace of spades last with the biggest fireworks going off.

Lemmy would of been proud to have the loudest on the night.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:31 am

today.....well ok yesterday.....I found out that my parents are renewing their wedding vows next year, their 37th anniversary is a month after and me and mrs apex are going over to Greece for their ceremony :D

well we needed to sort a holiday lol

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:11 pm

Today I have booked in a school trip to Geneva to see large hadron collider. Gonna get my science on!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:15 am

sscott wrote:Today I have booked in a school trip to Geneva to see large hadron collider. Gonna get my science on!
Heh, that's a coincidence. My son has just come back from seeing that and the UN. Said Switzerland was fantastic. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:52 am

I'm now just over one week into my new job position and i'm really enjoying it :mrgreen:
It's more or less the same but with a lot more going on with it being a bigger site, in the coming months it's going to get harder but i'm definitely up for the challenge :twisted:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Today after a bad few days of being in and out of the "Whats the point of doing anything" "Might as well be dead" mood I seem to be on the mend, things went better than expected

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:56 pm

I have just moved over my first bit of pay from my small business adventure and still have enough the keep to business self sufficient for another month, hoping it is all profit from here on in :mrgreen:

Not huge sums of money that I can give up my full time job, but still nice to have a little extra coming in.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:57 am

Had a really weird dream last night - the world was going to end because the government started the countdown on a nuclear bomb but didn't know how to stop it. But despite immanent Armageddon everyone was online getting angry that XBL would be down and everyone will lose their achievement streaks. So to make up for it the government sent a truck around with a free Burger King for everyone.

No I don't get it either.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:08 am

:lol: that is strange.

All I ever seem to dream about is foursomes with identical triplets. Oh well.....
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:07 am

Today I'm off to Wembley for England Vs Scotland.

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:48 am

nokgod wrote:
sscott wrote:Today I have booked in a school trip to Geneva to see large hadron collider. Gonna get my science on!
Heh, that's a coincidence. My son has just come back from seeing that and the UN. Said Switzerland was fantastic. :)
Just what I wanted to hear! :) looking forward to it and the kids are the best and brightest!