Nintendo Switch Discussion

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

ALK

Nintendo Switch Discussion

Post by ALK » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:15 am

AT. LAST.

The rumors can finally end as tomorrow (October 20th at around 3pm UK time) Nintendo will be releasing a 3 min trailer revealing the NX.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/1 ... th_october
Last edited by ALK on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

General Opulence

Re: Nintendo NX Reveal Coming Tomorrow!

Post by General Opulence » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:14 pm

100% of people exited right now will become 10% when they see the trailer, Its been hyped up way too much, even more than the Ps2! I can't see Nintendo bringing mass appeal with specs, the best part for me is the choice of carts, this with 3rd party support might persuade me.

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:40 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing what we're getting.
I haven't gotten too swallowed up by the hype but I like Nintendo games and this is a new way to play them. Why wouldn't I like it?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

Nintendo switch
Its what the WiiU should of been
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

killbot

Post by killbot » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:11 pm

So here's what we can see...

It's a tablet called the Nintendo Switch. You can attach two pods to the side of the tablet, each with an analogue stick and 4 buttons to turn it into a handheld. You can play multiplayer on the tablet by standing it up, detatching the pods and using them as tiny controllers. When you get home, you plug the tablet into a docking station and it becomes a home console with its own controller which looks a bit like the Wii U Pro controller. Games-wise they showed Breath of the Wild and some shots of Skyrim - whether that means the latter game is coming to Switch or not I'm not sure. They also showed people playing Splatoon and some basketball game.

Hard to get a handle on how powerful it is as most of the games shown appear to be from the Wii U just used as representative examples of how the unit works, they're presumably going to reveal actual specs and games at a later date.

Oh, and it is definitely cart based.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

General Opulence

Post by General Opulence » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:15 pm

Sorry Nintendo that trailer was very poor, very American and very poor, oh I said that, more gimmicks that no one will really use as a home console, people use mobiles not a big tablet on the move, where is the must have games that are exclusive? A couple of old Wii u games in mario kart and splatoon a new Wii u game in Zelda, a port of skyrim the only new games I saw was mario and basketball, hardly enticing, I will be switch(ing) to the ps4pro next month, at least you made it easy for me Nintendo!

David

Post by David » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:18 pm

Looks utter crap and will be clogging up the windows of cash generator within a year

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:19 pm

dreadful

killbot

Post by killbot » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:19 pm

General Opulence wrote:Sorry Nintendo that trailer was very poor, very American and very poor, oh I said that, more gimmicks that no one will really use as a home console, people use mobiles not a big tablet on the move, where is the must have games that are exclusive? A couple of old Wii u games in mario kart and splatoon a new Wii u game in Zelda, a port of skyrim the only new games I saw was mario and basketball, hardly enticing, I will be switch(ing) to the ps4pro next month, at least you made it easy for me Nintendo!
I think this initial trailer was more about showing off how the machine works rather than what games will be available. Those kind of details will probably emerge later.

You can rarely judge a console's games by looking at what comes out at launch, let alone by what you see in a teaser trailer six months earlier!

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:25 pm

I can see me getting one of these.
Splink!

General Opulence

Post by General Opulence » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:26 pm

killbot wrote:
General Opulence wrote:Sorry Nintendo that trailer was very poor, very American and very poor, oh I said that, more gimmicks that no one will really use as a home console, people use mobiles not a big tablet on the move, where is the must have games that are exclusive? A couple of old Wii u games in mario kart and splatoon a new Wii u game in Zelda, a port of skyrim the only new games I saw was mario and basketball, hardly enticing, I will be switch(ing) to the ps4pro next month, at least you made it easy for me Nintendo!
I think this initial trailer was more about showing off how the machine works rather than what games will be available. Those kind of details will probably emerge later.

You can rarely judge a console's games by looking at what comes out at launch, let alone by what you see in a teaser trailer six months earlier!
No but they need to impress not only the public but their investors before esp before people buy new consoles like the ps4 slim, pro etc before Xmas, by showing off exciting new games, sorry but even the biggest Nintendo fan must be a little disappointed just for the fact people won't be holding on like me this xmas. I'll probably pick up Zelda for my Wii u now to keep it going.

NickThorpe

Post by NickThorpe » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:39 pm

I use my tablet on the train all the time, but I tend to watch films because I rarely buy iOS games. A device like this really fits my needs well - handheld form factor, physical media, and I can hook it up to the telly when I get home.

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:50 pm

That Mario footage was from something new right?

I didn't recognise it from 3D World.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:54 pm

List of "some" of the developers supporting the system.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/1 ... ndo_switch

Looks very promising, I know Skyrim and NBA are not everyone's cup of tea but it should attract those crowds who do play them. I'm sure the one concern will be that battery, which now its not just the system but the controllers you'll have to worry about. Powerwise its probably not going to match the PS4/XBONE but the games still looked great regardless. Playing something like Zelda on the go, especially with the scale and size Nintendo quoted, should be quite something. And yeah, this was mostly to show off the concept of the console rather then games, something they did not do so well in doing with the Wii U's general concept so they've learned from that at least.

The 3rd party line up looks a vast improvement on Wii U from that list. I just hope it does not become a game of bingo of developers up and leaving the moment their games don't make the numbers they expect.

I probably won't use the handheld part all that much, unless there's a Streetpass Successor, but it will be tempting to just pick it out and do quite little things while a TV show is on or something.

Honestly can't wait. After the kicking they got from the Wii U, I look forward to seeing them start anew with this new system and what further details are yet to come.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:59 pm

CONCERNS!!

Media?
Battery life on the go?
Again is it more of a gimmick?
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday