NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14895
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:30 am

Story mode trailer + the promise of an upcoming 7 character demo on PSN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6s2G6JbHog

Final boss, Antonov, teaser. Looks like a the usual steroid-obsessed f*** you boss...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_hjG3M_UBk

Judging by the end of the story mode trailer with all the mystical/evil energy swirling around, I don't doubt that there will be a second form to Antonov or a follow-up boss from hell in the usual SNK fashion.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24442
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:39 am

Erm

SNK are now just called SNK

NO MORE PLAYMORE B/S!!

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11102
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:07 am

Megamixer wrote:Story mode trailer + the promise of an upcoming 7 character demo on PSN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6s2G6JbHog

Final boss, Antonov, teaser. Looks like a the usual steroid-obsessed f*** you boss...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_hjG3M_UBk

Judging by the end of the story mode trailer with all the mystical/evil energy swirling around, I don't doubt that there will be a second form to Antonov or a follow-up boss from hell in the usual SNK fashion.
Can't wait to play the demo. I think the story has some kind of Orochi influence in it - Antanov is trying to do something to harness? his power? I forget, I'm more interested in seeing Terry and co fight the South Town team to reignite the rivalry with Geese!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14895
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:07 pm

DPrinny wrote:Erm

SNK are now just called SNK

NO MORE PLAYMORE B/S!!
Yeah I posted it on the previous page. The are apparently also meant to be reviving the "Future is Now" slogan :mrgreen:
ShadowMan wrote:Can't wait to play the demo. I think the story has some kind of Orochi influence in it - Antanov is trying to do something to harness? his power? I forget, I'm more interested in seeing Terry and co fight the South Town team to reignite the rivalry with Geese!
The trailer makes mention of Antanov claiming to be the original KOF champion. If this is true then I suppose it would go all the way back to before the events of the earlier games where the Orochi power was very much a big part of the storyline. Who knows!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11102
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:04 am

Demo is up now for those interested. Training and Vs mode is where I've spent most of my time. I like it very much, characters, while not looking as nice as their sprite counterparts do still look very clean and well animated, and the gameplay seems very good from what I played so far (classic KOF). Very excited to play more, as I'm liking some of the new characters - Nelson seems very interesting so far, a nice cool boxer that doesn't really have any special moves, just a whole heap of interesting chain attacks.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Joey
Posts: 3842
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:45 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by Joey » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:05 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Demo is up now for those interested. Training and Vs mode is where I've spent most of my time. I like it very much, characters, while not looking as nice as their sprite counterparts do still look very clean and well animated, and the gameplay seems very good from what I played so far (classic KOF). Very excited to play more, as I'm liking some of the new characters - Nelson seems very interesting so far, a nice cool boxer that doesn't really have any special moves, just a whole heap of interesting chain attacks.
I like what I've played so far, Ive not been keeping up with the development but the change to 3d models seems fine and it runs silky smooth.

Not tried any of the new characters yet as Kyo and Iori are 2 of my 3 mains so have just been messing with them. I'm glad Iori has his flames back!
Image

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14895
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Yeah, the character models have come a long way from the original (terrible) reveal trailer. Some looked a bit crap in the story cutscenes in the trailers (worse than actual in-game models?!?) but otherwise, what I've seen so far has crushed my initial scepticism.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24442
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by DPrinny » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:36 am

Apparently it bombed sales wise

900 copies sold

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14895
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by Megamixer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:50 pm

I forgot to buy it to be honest! Been watching the pennies these last few months and just haven't bought any games at all even though I can afford to. Will have to grab this to support the game and SNK!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
NickThorpe
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:45 am
Location: Bournemouth
Contact:

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by NickThorpe » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:06 am

It's a shame if it is selling poorly, as I'm quite fond of it - I gave it 8/10 in issue 159.
Image

AceGrace
Posts: 1363
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:51 pm
Location: West Sussex
Contact:

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by AceGrace » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:34 am

DPrinny wrote:Apparently it bombed sales wise

900 copies sold
Link?

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14895
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by Megamixer » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:17 pm

Remembered I had a fair bit of Amazon credit left on my account so I used it to part fund the KOF XIV day one edition (not really bothered about this edition tbh but it was no more expensive than a regular PS4 release) and Mortal Kombat XL which I'd also forgotten to pick up.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ulala
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:19 am

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by ulala » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:18 am

DPrinny wrote:Apparently it bombed sales wise

900 copies sold
but thats clearly not true

why would you post that?

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24442
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by DPrinny » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:58 am

Ment as in the UK. Japan wise it sold ok

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:02 am

I would have bought it if it came out on Xbone

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests