New Rogue One Trailer

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

crusto

Re: New Rogue One Trailer

Post by crusto » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:53 pm

Soon they'll be getting equal prize money at Wimbledon for playing a fraction of the tennis and generating less interest and revenue. Oh wait.

Eat your nans pants

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Men play tennis?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:23 pm

Final trailer is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIO9LLjVF8w

I know how misleading they can be, but I am mega excited for this one

necronom

Post by necronom » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:34 pm

It seemed there was a bit of a spoiler in there about someone who built something.

And an over the top "POWWWERRRRR", but it looked good.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Jimmy Corkhill

Post by Jimmy Corkhill » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:00 pm

Wonder if we'll get to see a CGI Tarkin at some point.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:48 am

Jimmy Corkhill wrote:Wonder if we'll get to see a CGI Tarkin at some point.

I think you overestimate the power of CGI.

As for the trailer...not as good as SW7. Be interesting what the culmination of the film is, presumably it won't be the destruction of what this movie is all about? Unless they're going to use footage from ANH?

Also what's with the massively over-sized hats? Reminds me more of Dark Helmet from SpaceBalls.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:56 pm

looks ok

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:41 pm

Sorry , to be clearer I was referring to the massively oversized helmets that the Death Star Commanders wear; they're not even combat troops, so what's going on there?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Jimmy Corkhill

Post by Jimmy Corkhill » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:57 am

paranoid marvin wrote:
Jimmy Corkhill wrote:Wonder if we'll get to see a CGI Tarkin at some point.

I think you overestimate the power of CGI.

As for the trailer...not as good as SW7. Be interesting what the culmination of the film is, presumably it won't be the destruction of what this movie is all about? Unless they're going to use footage from ANH?

Also what's with the massively over-sized hats? Reminds me more of Dark Helmet from SpaceBalls.

I tell you what would be a bit easier, if we saw him in hologram form (a bit like the first time we see the Emperor in Empire Strikes Back).

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:01 am

I've been very excited about this, and I can't help it. The trailers have been terrific.

But then I'm reminded that The Force Awakens trailers were also very good, and that film turned out to be pretty poor.

So now I am forcing myself to be sceptical/pessimistic about Rogue One in the hope that I will be pleasantly surprised. Can't handle another Star Wars disappointment!
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:48 am

che_don_john wrote:But then I'm reminded that The Force Awakens trailers were also very good, and that film turned out to be pretty poor.
:shock:

Loved it the first time, and the subsequent 7ish viewings haven't detracted from that.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

ianpmarks

Post by ianpmarks » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:00 am

I thought Force Awakens was great. It feels like Star Wars - unlike the prequels - and for me ticks all the right boxes. Yes it basically retells episode if, but it does it so well I don't care.

Phantom Menace though, there was a film that had a superb trailer, and on watching was a load of old pants.

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:08 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
che_don_john wrote:But then I'm reminded that The Force Awakens trailers were also very good, and that film turned out to be pretty poor.
:shock:

Loved it the first time, and the subsequent 7ish viewings haven't detracted from that.
I loved it the first time, but it got worse over subsequent ones :lol: . I think once hype, excitement, and the will for it to be great had worn off, I couldn't get past the nonsensical plot, plagiarism, deus ex machinas and wooden/annoying acting. I think Abraams is a great filmmaker technically-speaking, but he can't write for toffee and easily gets stuck. I did love the practical effects, though; Harrison Ford was terrific; and Kylo Ren is probably the most interesting character to come out of all the films (he is what Anakin should've been).

I've higher hopes for Rogue One simply because the writers are much better.
ianpmarks wrote:Phantom Menace though, there was a film that had a superb trailer, and on watching was a load of old pants.
I remember video recording it off T4 and watching it pretty much every day over the Christmas holidays. A couple of years ago I gave Phantom Menace as my 'biggest disappointment' at some work-related training day (I think they were looking for a career-related example).
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

ianpmarks

Post by ianpmarks » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:23 am

che_don_john wrote:A couple of years ago I gave Phantom Menace as my 'biggest disappointment' at some work-related training day (I think they were looking for a career-related example).
That's brilliant. I'm going to steal that if ever asked that question on any useless work training.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:13 pm

che_don_john wrote:I think Abraams is a great filmmaker technically-speaking, but he can't write for toffee and easily gets stuck.
A perfect replacement for George Lucas then, how much more Star Wars could it be :lol: