Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Lord Arse!
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:03 am
Location: Retrovia, 8-Bit Land
Contact:

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by Lord Arse! » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:44 am

Last night's delight.

Image

User avatar
aztecca
Posts: 5216
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by aztecca » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Just tried Sadlers Hop bomb.Tastes like a mouthful of old mans fart.Decided to water my hanging baskets with it instead of drinking it .seriously who drinks this censored.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24859
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:43 pm

While I was in Chester nipped into a place called The brewey tap and had some dragonsalyer was nice and some honey porter that ended up being 3 pints of

Also
Boozy Sunday
Image

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by markopoloman » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:34 pm

aztecca wrote:Just tried Sadlers Hop bomb.Tastes like a mouthful of old mans fart.Decided to water my hanging baskets with it instead of drinking it .seriously who drinks this censored.
Really?! Hop Bomb is a fantastic hoppy ale brewed by a really good brewery. What is your normal tipple?
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24859
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by DPrinny » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:52 am

Image
Home Bargans comes up trumps
Never had the middle one

Huh huh "trump"

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14989
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by Megamixer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:17 pm

DPrinny wrote:Image
Home Bargans comes up trumps
Never had the middle one

Huh huh "trump"
I had the Imperial Ruby one last year (one of Wychwood's seasonal ales I think?). It was quite nice - nothing overly special but certainly drinkable.

Tesco near me has stopped selling Dr Thirsty now - annoying!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
Katzkatz
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:18 am

Hey MPM, I've just visited a local pub and seen one of these in their fridge :-

Image

What the hell is going on? A low alcohol beer from Brewdog Brewery? Explain? :shock: :o :lol:

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by markopoloman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:21 pm

Clever buggers aren't they!
Next to no alcohol but loads of taste. Drivers beer :D
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26849
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:05 am

They sel Nanny State in Tesco.

Its decent enough, but suffers (as many brewdog beers do) from being very citrussy.

Better than no beer, but not really a replacemenent.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Mortis
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:36 pm

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by Mortis » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:26 am

73 pages on this....what a load of alchies. :mrgreen:

For the record, I only prefer real ale as it does taste nice with a meal with my favourite being called 'Beachcomber' which was a golden one which I found hiding in the far south-west although a pint of Citra made with citrus fruits is also top notch.

Haven't drunk lager in ages as I find it all gassy water all tasting the same and to add a further debate to the topic it was actually scientifically proven by using 30 or was it 100 lager drinkers who thought they could name all 5 lagers they were drinking but not one of them got all 5 which prooved nearly every lager actually does taste the same. I agree :wink:

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by markopoloman » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:47 pm

Mortis wrote:73 pages on this....what a load of alchies. :mrgreen:

For the record, I only prefer real ale as it does taste nice with a meal with my favourite being called 'Beachcomber' which was a golden one which I found hiding in the far south-west although a pint of Citra made with citrus fruits is also top notch.

Haven't drunk lager in ages as I find it all gassy water all tasting the same and to add a further debate to the topic it was actually scientifically proven by using 30 or was it 100 lager drinkers who thought they could name all 5 lagers they were drinking but not one of them got all 5 which prooved nearly every lager actually does taste the same. I agree :wink:
Beachcomber - that's by Teignworthy! Nice beer :D
Citra ales are not generally made with citrus fruits - they use the Citra Hop that produces those lovely Citrus flavours... I love the Citra hop :D
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

stayAwhile
Posts: 1880
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by stayAwhile » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:42 pm

sparta is a nice ale as is arthers wit for fans of bitter
This guy are sick

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by markopoloman » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:19 pm

Ok, I will try an type a perfect post whilst not very sober.

In both of my pubs I have a cask of Fullers Vintage Ale... 8.5%. Omnly 90 casks are made every year and don't get out to the trade unless its a fuillers pub. I'm very well respected in the ale circuit - and Fullers offered me 2 of the 90 produced :D As you can guess, I am sitting here typng this after 4 pints.
It is very very nice and if you get a chance, find some. Makes you wobbly, :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

User avatar
aztecca
Posts: 5216
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by aztecca » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:28 am

markopoloman wrote:Ok, I will try an type a perfect post whilst not very sober.

In both of my pubs I have a cask of Fullers Vintage Ale... 8.5%. Omnly 90 casks are made every year and don't get out to the trade unless its a fuillers pub. I'm very well respected in the ale circuit - and Fullers offered me 2 of the 90 produced :D As you can guess, I am sitting here typng this after 4 pints.
It is very very nice and if you get a chance, find some. Makes you wobbly, :lol:


Sounds tasty.How much is a pint of this beer?
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4594
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Real Ale Drinkers or Lagerboys?

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:20 am

Ummm, Amstel Free beer! :oops:

I tried on holiday the non-alcoholic Amstel offering, and it was surprisingly pleasant in taste. While it lacks the "potent" ingredient that provides that certain buzz, it does still make a relaxing and chilled drink. I assumed non-alcoholic lagers were a bit of a gimmick, and the jury is still a bit out (due to cost as well, compared with a soft drink), but it does still seem to release the endorphin's and feel good chemicals associated with drinking a beer, even if it means no staggering about later, making "profound" speeches and a hangover the next morning!

I'll probably mainly drink lime and soda when I'm in a pub/bar, or soda with a twist of lemon, but occasionally i'll mix it up and have an alco-free beer offering like this. Perhaps i'll try Becks Bleu next...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests