The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Rayne

Re: The XBOX ONE / PS4 discussion thread

Post by Rayne » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:50 pm

Sel Feena wrote:I've yet to set up a Jap PS4 account, but I definitely want to get round to it just for Future Tone. The amount of content seems insane.
It's split into two packs, each containing about 110 songs. Future Sound focuses more on songs from the Diva series while Colourful Tone focuses more on the 3DS/Arcade releases. Every time I boot it up I'm in awe...I just play random, too many to choose from normally!

David

Post by David » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:52 pm

I have £25 xbox credit to spend but not sure what to get

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:17 pm

David wrote:I have £25 xbox credit to spend but not sure what to get
Don't buy Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate or WWE 2K16 if you're a gold member ... they're august's Games With Gold free games.

Spelunky and Beyond Good And Evil HD are the 360 freebies.

What sort of games do you like? £25 can buy you a fair bit of game these days if you like indie stuff.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:50 pm

The Beans wrote:
David wrote:I have £25 xbox credit to spend but not sure what to get
Don't buy Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate or WWE 2K16 if you're a gold member ... they're august's Games With Gold free games.

Spelunky and Beyond Good And Evil HD are the 360 freebies.

What sort of games do you like? £25 can buy you a fair bit of game these days if you like indie stuff.
Decent bunch of games this month. Not a fan of wrestling myself but Splunky, WO3 and Beyond Good and Evil are all games I've really enjoyed quite a lot.
Rayne wrote:
Sel Feena wrote:I've yet to set up a Jap PS4 account, but I definitely want to get round to it just for Future Tone. The amount of content seems insane.
It's split into two packs, each containing about 110 songs. Future Sound focuses more on songs from the Diva series while Colourful Tone focuses more on the 3DS/Arcade releases. Every time I boot it up I'm in awe...I just play random, too many to choose from normally!
How much is the game/DLC packs? As I might have to look into getting this sooner rather than later. Also, what modes are there in the game? Or is it basically just an arcade game where you can change the difficulty and aim for the best score/ranking for each song like the Diva series?
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:47 pm

^ The game + all DLC came to about 8500 yen, or about 75 quid. It's basically a port of the arcade game, 200+ songs with various difficulties. There are absolutely loads of unlockable costumes & accessories that you can spend upgrade points on though :)

David

Post by David » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:36 am

Ooooh was wanting wwe 2k16 might just spend it on gold membership then and wait for that

David

Post by David » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:20 am

Saw gtav was on sale half price for 27.50 so added a couple of quid and bought that

Now for the 52gig download :)

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:36 pm

David wrote:Saw gtav was on sale half price for 27.50 so added a couple of quid and bought that

The story mode in gta v is the best ever in a game imo.I love Trevor he is my hero.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:43 am

aztecca wrote:
David wrote:Saw gtav was on sale half price for 27.50 so added a couple of quid and bought that

The story mode in gta v is the best ever in a game imo.I love Trevor he is my hero.
I'm looking forward to having the time to play through that story again, it just gets better and better as it goes along.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:08 am

Sega yesterday confirmed that Yakuza 0 is launching on January 24th in Europe. Same day as Resident Evil 7, so I've got two great games to look forward to on the same day! Couple that with the Japanese release of Yakuza 6 on December 8th this year and I'm sorted for a good few months into 2017!

I've also completely finished Bloodborne now. All the main game bosses and DLC bosses defeated, now I need to find a new game to play...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Gigifusc

Post by Gigifusc » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:44 am

ShadowMan wrote:Sega yesterday confirmed that Yakuza 0 is launching on January 24th in Europe. Same day as Resident Evil 7, so I've got two great games to look forward to on the same day! Couple that with the Japanese release of Yakuza 6 on December 8th this year and I'm sorted for a good few months into 2017!

I've also completely finished Bloodborne now. All the main game bosses and DLC bosses defeated, now I need to find a new game to play...
I haven't had the chance to play Yakuza 5 yet. Although I've played the entire series, I've never played any of them to the end - they're just too big for me.
It doesn't work on PS4 does it? It's PS3 only right?

Is Yakuza 0 a remake of the first one or a completely new story?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:34 am

Gigifusc wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Sega yesterday confirmed that Yakuza 0 is launching on January 24th in Europe. Same day as Resident Evil 7, so I've got two great games to look forward to on the same day! Couple that with the Japanese release of Yakuza 6 on December 8th this year and I'm sorted for a good few months into 2017!

I haven't had the chance to play Yakuza 5 yet. Although I've played the entire series, I've never played any of them to the end - they're just too big for me.

PS3 only I'm afraid. 0 is not a remake of the first game, its a prequel to the first game (so canonically its the first game in the series). The first game was recently remade in Japan as Ryu Ga Gotoku Kiwami (Yakuza Extreme). Its a pretty great remake - as they added a whole ton of new content and side stuff to do. Kiwami hasn't been announced for a English release yet though.

Gigifusc

Post by Gigifusc » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:45 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Gigifusc wrote:

PS3 only I'm afraid. 0 is not a remake of the first game, its a prequel to the first game (so canonically its the first game in the series). The first game was recently remade in Japan as Ryu Ga Gotoku Kiwami (Yakuza Extreme). Its a pretty great remake - as they added a whole ton of new content and side stuff to do. Kiwami hasn't been announced for a English release yet though.
Ah I see. Cheers for the info. I assume it's unplayable with Japanese text?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:08 am

Gigifusc wrote:
Ah I see. Cheers for the info. I assume it's unplayable with Japanese text?
The gameplay isn't greatly affected, especially if your used to the combat, but the story will be pretty much impossible to understand!

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:33 pm

The latest system update for Xbox One actually adds some useful stuff for a change. Amazingly, you can now post your own mini review of games you've played, something I never thought Microsoft would trust us with on the consoles. The Games & Apps thingy also is much improved too. Being able to easily see which games have updates waiting is quite handy.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.