Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

mjkerpan

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by mjkerpan » Thu May 05, 2016 1:44 pm

Hello there, I'm Mike from the USA and I'm a big fan of classic games. I've been reading the magazine since the days it came with a coverdisk and I was finally temped to join the forums because I wanted a place to talk about classic games. I'm most interested in the 16 bit era (I own/collect for Sega Genesis and am looking to pick up a SNES as well. I also have an Amiga.) but the best games from the 8-bit and 32-bit eras are also on my radar. Outside of consoles, I especially like playing PC classics, which I buy by the ton whenever GOG.com has a sale.

RetrolixusMcD

Post by RetrolixusMcD » Sat May 07, 2016 9:27 pm

HI there

I'm Danny from Northants in UK, been playing games since my first system of the BBC Acorn Electron and most recently got the Xbox One & PS4, I still own and play these systems... Sega Master System, Mega Drive, Mega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast...Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Virtual Boy...Atari Jaguar, 3DO, PC as well as a host of handhelds. Have every issue of Retro Gamer and its great to see it still going strong and covering more of the 8/16 bit console games. Love buying/selling games at auctions, happily buy collections just to get that one mint version of a game I don't have. Looking forward to chatting on here with people that are as passionate as I am. here is a pic of a slice of my set up in the den.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat May 07, 2016 11:40 pm

Hi Mike & Danny - welcome to the forums :D
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

dste

Post by dste » Wed May 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Welcome Mike and Danny.

Please do join us for tea and crumpets. :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Lurchibles

Post by Lurchibles » Sun May 22, 2016 8:08 pm

Hi all!

I'm Mark, from Leeds, UK. I'm big into the 16 bit era (especially the SNES). I also love the arcade games of the 80's and 90's and recently ordered a bar-top custom arcade machine to play them on. I especially love Street Fighter 2. (Turbo on SNES, SSF2 on Arcade).

I'm also on a Gaming Podcast called "Time To Game". Check us out on iTunes.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun May 22, 2016 11:14 pm

Welcome to the forum Lurchibles

Can't say I like SFII - I prefer a real fighting game like.............................................................

IK+

Should promote discussion :mrgreen:

Lurchibles

Post by Lurchibles » Tue May 24, 2016 6:14 am

There's nothing wrong with IK+. A solid fighting game.

But... Where are the combos?

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Tue May 24, 2016 9:37 pm

Combos... it's all random button bashing to me :lol: Far to complicated - I'm a little more simple in my gaming abilities :lol:

Lurchibles

Post by Lurchibles » Thu May 26, 2016 12:52 pm

Once you perform your first hadouken, you just can't go back man. It's a great feeling!

Maybe you should give it a try? Seriously. SF2 still stands up today!

leespoons

Post by leespoons » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:47 pm

Hi, introducing myself again as I've started posting here more often (sick of bloody facebook, for one thing).

I'm still leespoons and I still like old games.

T Moleman

Post by T Moleman » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:58 pm

Evening chaps,

I've tried to sign up here before but for some reason my old ISP was blocked....

Anyway, my name is Tom, I'm a regular on Retrocollect and Bordersdown. Collector but primarily a gamer :D

osshwa

Post by osshwa » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:18 pm

Hey what's up everyone! I'm a long time gamer/collector but just found out about this forum.

My name is Josh, I'm 29 and I currently reside in Northern VA. I've been into gaming pretty much my entire life, and about 5 or so years ago I got pretty big into collecting/playing older games/consoles (retro gaming). Below is my list of consoles. If anyone is interested in what games I own specifically, just shoot me a message! Cheers.

-Retron 3 (NES/SNES/Genesis)
-PS1
-PS2 (slim)
-PS3
-Dreamcast
-Gameboy Color (multiple)
-Gameboy Advance SP
-R-Zone XPG
-N64
-Xbox 360
-PS4

My N64 is currently down (need to figure out why it's no longer working), and Dreamcast is m.i.a. after a recent move. I also have a handful of Virtual Boy games, but lack the console to play them on.

A few games/consoles I'm looking for: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (PS2), Virtual Boy (console) & Sega 32X (console).

Thanks and looking forwarding to becoming an active member on here!
NES / SNES / Genesis / Virtual Boy / Gameboy Color / Gameboy Advance SP / R-Zone / N64 / Dreamcast / PS1 / PS2 / PS3 / 360 / PS4

PSN / Instagram - osshwa

dste

Post by dste » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:15 pm

Welcome new people. :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Blankbull.games

Post by Blankbull.games » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:43 pm

Hi there.

We are indi game developers and already have our first game on our site for all major phone OS avalible to download from the app stores.

We are keen to for any feedback on our games and our team is currently working on serval projects for PCs and phones.

Check out our website by PMing me as I dont want to appear all spammy with my first posts

STeaM

Post by STeaM » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:18 pm

Hello Ladies, Gentlemen and Others.

I thought I'd have a mooch around these forums to get my fix of lovely retro goodness and find out if there were still any events that were going off (glad to see one in Bury...very near to me that one!).

The obligatory list of machines owned (some I still have): -

The Almighty Rubber Keyed One.
Spectrum 48k+
Spectrum +3
Atari 130XE
Atari 520STe
Commodore +4
Commodore Amiga

I used to be on the WorldofSpectrum forums using this same nick, so hello to any that used to frequent that place.

Not bothered with "The Scene" for a couple of years...what have I missed?

STeaMy xx