What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Nemesis

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Nemesis » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:19 am

Sel Feena wrote:Overwatch, trying to get good with Widowmaker, much to my Group's mirth. Seriously hyped for Ranked, and the news of the Torb nerf is really welcome.
Played my second ranked match today. We won the first round comfortably, then as we were about to defend the Japan stage I was disconnected leaving my team one person & healer short. By the time I rejoined, we'd lost the first point and were subsequently steamrollered. We then lost the next round and we never got it back. So annoyed and frustrated that a disconnection, which was not my doing, could've altered the match. :evil:
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:51 pm

^ Everyone I've been playing regularly with has had issues with voice chat, we just go straight to Party 9 times out of 10 now. Pretty annoying.

Started out on Odin Sphere on Hard, promptly got my ass kicked by Velvet. Had to cheese my way through with a ton of healing potions.

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Super Mario RPG-SNES/WiiU VC.

So far so good, I've beaten the 1st main boss at the Mushroom Kingdom and headed to the sewers. Fairly simplistic so far but fun.

Also playing a LOT of Rainbow Six Siege and Star Wars Battlefront on the PS4.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:44 pm

Sonic Lost world

The game where they dicked up the jumping

Edit
And everything else, this game seems to get very little right
Good job I didnt pay retail price for this crap
Last edited by DPrinny on Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Quantum Break. I have only played the first act and watched the first episode of the tv show so far, but it seems pretty good.

But seriously, that game devours hard drive space!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Sel Feena wrote:^ Everyone I've been playing regularly with has had issues with voice chat, we just go straight to Party 9 times out of 10 now. Pretty annoying.

Started out on Odin Sphere on Hard, promptly got my ass kicked by Velvet. Had to cheese my way through with a ton of healing potions.
Health and spell potions are great for bosses in Odin Sphere, I always make sure I have enough just to be on the safe side. Velvet has crazy range which makes her pretty dangerous, but not all the bosses are that bad on hard mode (I just fought one of the dragons who was fairly easy to beat on Hard mode (he was really slow, and telegraphed all his moves way in advance).

Anyway, I've also started Bloodborne on the PS4 since I've been meaning to start it for ages. So far I've managed to beat the first two bosses I came across, neither were willing to go down without a fight (I expected nothing less!) but I managed to prevail in the end. I'm really loving the setting and combat in this game. Setting wise it feels very much like Resident Evil 4 in places - with the crazed mobs and hunting you down, with twisted creatures hiding in the shadows waiting to pounce on you... Its got a nice tense atmosphere to it.
The combat is excellent, I'm actually liking it more than what I've played from previous Souls games (I completed Demon's Souls, never got round to playing Dark Souls properly). The fast paced nature of the combat, mixed with the easier parry mechanic has been working wonders for me so far, it really helped against the second boss and the big creatures (makes them feel "beatable" while still being very imposing). I love the enemy design in the game as well, all in all its pretty hard to fault the game so far, bar some wonky camera issues. Definitely looking forward to playing much more of this.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:32 am

Finally started Super Metroid. Is it possible to hit a dead end in this game? Because I'm pretty sure I hit one. I went through a gate with a sensor you have to shoot then got to a bit where I think you need the speed boost (which I'm assuming exists in this game too?) but I don't have that yet. So I went back to the gate...but you can only shoot it from the other side. :oops:

I ended up just hitting reset.

warriorpoet897

Post by warriorpoet897 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:46 am

theantmeister wrote:Finally started Super Metroid. Is it possible to hit a dead end in this game? Because I'm pretty sure I hit one. I went through a gate with a sensor you have to shoot then got to a bit where I think you need the speed boost (which I'm assuming exists in this game too?) but I don't have that yet. So I went back to the gate...but you can only shoot it from the other side. :oops:

I don't think it is possible. I did feel like I was stuck several times while playing it, but there was always a solution somewhere.

binaryRooster

Post by binaryRooster » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:23 am

I picked up Donkey Kong 64 on the Wii U when it was less than a fiver. The ability to quicksave is a beautiful thing. Keep falling off a tower because of clunky camera views? No worries. Need to clear 4 levels of the original Donkey Kong on normal and hard difficulties with one life? Easy. Yes, it's cheating but it's made it a much more enjoyable experience and i would have stopped playing it again on the N64 by now.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:13 am

Battlefield bad company two, for £1 I could not say no.

Must say I'm enjoying it a fair bit.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:28 am

warriorpoet897 wrote:
theantmeister wrote:Finally started Super Metroid. Is it possible to hit a dead end in this game? Because I'm pretty sure I hit one. I went through a gate with a sensor you have to shoot then got to a bit where I think you need the speed boost (which I'm assuming exists in this game too?) but I don't have that yet. So I went back to the gate...but you can only shoot it from the other side. :oops:

I don't think it is possible. I did feel like I was stuck several times while playing it, but there was always a solution somewhere.
Yup, you're right. It turns out you can dash from the start by holding B. In my defence, I don't have the manual :oops:

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:09 pm

Hearthstone - Nearly levelled up all of the basic characters to 10. I'm spending some quality time with the Hunter & Paladin, really fun classes! Nice to play something that isn't a control deck for a change.

Overwatch - Mixing it up between PC & PS4, so many great games, so many great moments. Literally the best game I've played in years, if not ever.

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:05 am

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth v1
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:26 am

still Dragon Age Origins

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:13 am

Rayne wrote:Hearthstone - Nearly levelled up all of the basic characters to 10. I'm spending some quality time with the Hunter & Paladin, really fun classes! Nice to play something that isn't a control deck for a change.

Overwatch - Mixing it up between PC & PS4, so many great games, so many great moments. Literally the best game I've played in years, if not ever.
Right. That's it! Gonna finally get into this!