E3 2016

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

outdated_gamer

Re: E3 2016

Post by outdated_gamer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:21 am

Running Xbox One exclusives, running PC exclusives like ArmA 3, Total War: Warhammer, Star Citizen, Escape From Tarkov, Unreal Tournament, Quake Champions, Stellaris, Civilization V/VI, etc., running all multi-format games in best quality, running mods, running emulators, running the huge backlog of games, running benchmark programs, running VR goggles, running 144 Hz monitors, running all possible controllers, having communities that keep cult classic games alive, giving you the ability to upgrade hardware as you want and giving you the ability to make your own games, in any case, PC gaming wins... :wink: :P

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:32 am

outdated_gamer wrote:running all multi-format games in best quality
*cough* Arkham Knight *cough* :wink:

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:50 am

theantmeister wrote:
Here's the game in 4K/60fps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1tgtCgQggc

Monster PCs can brute power tear thru the most unoptimized crap code you throw at them... :wink:

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:04 pm

outdated_gamer wrote:
theantmeister wrote:
Here's the game in 4K/60fps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1tgtCgQggc

Monster PCs can brute power tear thru the most unoptimized crap code you throw at them... :wink:

Yeah, hate to break it to you but thats not a good thing.

Having to pay over the odds for a PC thats massively overpowered to play the game you want in a playable form.

Real good endorsement for PC gaming there. but then again, PC developers have always been lazy like that. just bump up the specs needed instead of optimising code. was a big issue in the mid 90's and has been ever since.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:36 pm

Another thread invaded and colonised by the PC Master Race. :roll:

Funny that all they have to shout about is the drippings from the arse of Xbox :lol:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:05 pm

gman72 wrote: Funny that all they have to shout about is the drippings from the arse of Xbox :lol:
I can assure you no serious PC gamer buys hardware just to play console ports. :wink:

That's just a plus point but hardly the focus. There's numerous other reasons why people PC game, many of whom I have listed. Also, discussions about PC gaming are not off-topic here, there was a PC gaming show on E3. And let me tell you a little dirty secret about what console companies like to do at shows like E3 - they like to hide beefy PCs below showcased consoles and sell you that as "console graphics". I guess the saying "you get what you pay for" is pretty accurate in this case... :wink:

Lastly, I would say PC gaming is a different kind of beast in comparison to console gaming so I personally don't like to get into arguments what is better or what suits someone better. People interested into PC gaming will be getting into it without needing any advertisement and guidance and will be willing to invest into it and dedicate to it, people looking for a easy way to get their streamlined entertainment will be getting the consoles, it's as simple as that. To each their own. :wink:

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:14 pm

outdated_gamer wrote:
gman72 wrote: Funny that all they have to shout about is the drippings from the arse of Xbox :lol:
I can assure you no serious PC gamer buys hardware just to play console ports. :wink:

That's just a plus point but hardly the focus. There's numerous other reasons why people PC game, many of whom I have listed. Also, discussions about PC gaming are not off-topic here, there was a PC gaming show on E3. And let me tell you a little dirty secret about what console companies like to do at shows like E3 - they like to hide beefy PCs below showcased consoles and sell you that as "console graphics". I guess the saying "you get what you pay for" is pretty accurate in this case... :wink:

Lastly, I would say PC gaming is a different kind of beast in comparison to console gaming so I personally don't like to get into arguments what is better or what suits someone better. People interested into PC gaming will be getting into it without needing any advertisement and guidance and will be willing to invest into it and dedicate to it, people looking for a easy way to get their streamlined entertainment will be getting the consoles, it's as simple as that. To each their own. :wink:
Streamlined entertainment :lol: twaddle
Also if the PC gaming on show at E3 was so on point why are y'all salivating about inferior xbox ports?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:18 pm

DPrinny wrote:Please

NO MORE FECKIN DOWNLOAD SERVICES!!
:lol: I know, right? I'm not one for monopolies but just use Steam already. GOG Galaxy (which is, admittedly, rather brilliant), UPlay, Origins, and god knows how many others. So daft to load steam, then uPlay, then my game.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:41 pm

Steam is perfectly exceptionable as its an all-4-one thing

So is GOG as it just runs old games with no fuss

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:50 pm

DPrinny wrote:Steam is perfectly exceptionable as its an all-4-one thing

"Exceptionable" might not be the word you're looking for there.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:37 pm

The Beans wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Steam is perfectly exceptionable as its an all-4-one thing

"Exceptionable" might not be the word you're looking for there.
My knees are nackered my eyes are old and bent................

PostieDoc

Post by PostieDoc » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:30 pm

Rayne wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Please

NO MORE FECKIN DOWNLOAD SERVICES!!
:lol: I know, right? I'm not one for monopolies but just use Steam already. GOG Galaxy (which is, admittedly, rather brilliant), UPlay, Origins, and god knows how many others. So daft to load steam, then uPlay, then my game.
Ugh, uPlay...

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:01 am

Urgh Onlive

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:02 am

DPrinny wrote:Urgh Onlive
They finally bit the dust last April. I don't think there'll be any more attempts to revive that twitching corpse.