E3 2016

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ShadowMan

Re: E3 2016

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:30 am

Sel Feena wrote:A remastered Skyrim is in the works, day one for me. Didn't complete half the stuff in that game when I played it last time.
I'm tempted to pick it up, just working out if I have the time to spare to dip into a huge game like Skyrim!

I've been watching the trailer and IGN gameplay for Mafia III. The more I see of the game the more excited I get. The story and soundtrack look to be on point, and I like the setting. I'm just hoping for a decent PS4 port and I'm sold on the game (or I'll actually have to upgrade my PC finally to play it).

Looking forward to the Microsoft conference later today. There are two games that were leaked yesterday (won't say which, don't want to spoil it for anyone) that I really want to get.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:07 am

Sel Feena wrote:A remastered Skyrim is in the works, day one for me. Didn't complete half the stuff in that game when I played it last time.
Potentially of interest to me if they have sorted it out and made it more stable this time. I never had a 360 and I didn't want the PS3 port. Buggy Betheseda games in general just put me off but I'd like to give one a go if we know it's been given more attention.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:45 am

All we need now is a new Duke and THE CIRCLE IS COMPLEATE!!
gman72 wrote:
DPrinny wrote:"Bet your all looking forward to a summer of football" about two woos from the audience

Fifa still looks like a PS2 game......................
What's wrong with PS2 games?
It literally does not look like a PS2 game anyway.
Two gens after

Still looks like a PS2 game, well why should they bother to try as it will sell anyway, all they need to do is change the box and people will lap it up

Argumentative little smeg arent you?

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:37 pm

DPrinny wrote:All we need now is a new Duke and THE CIRCLE IS COMPLEATE!!
gman72 wrote:
DPrinny wrote:"Bet your all looking forward to a summer of football" about two woos from the audience

Fifa still looks like a PS2 game......................
What's wrong with PS2 games?
It literally does not look like a PS2 game anyway.
Two gens after

Still looks like a PS2 game, well why should they bother to try as it will sell anyway, all they need to do is change the box and people will lap it up

Argumentative little smeg arent you?
Only in the face of your abject negativity to modern games/gaming in general.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:46 pm

Free Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for Live Gold members this week to celebrate announcement of Tekken 7 on Xbox One.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:49 pm

The Beans wrote:Free Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for Live Gold members this week to celebrate announcement of Tekken 7 on Xbox One.
And PS4, Tekken 7 looks ok

The only thing that exited was Dead Rising 4, no need to get an Xbox one as its on PC as well

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:00 pm

Project Scorpio

Another Xbox one
Seriously?
Another machine?
It plays all exclusive Xbox one games (all 5 of them), or are they also cross play on PC?

WHY NOT JUST GET A PC INSTEAD!!?

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:14 pm

PS2 2005 FIFA 07 character model. That picture is being very, very generous with the screen resolution too. I cant remember my PS2 ever looking that Hi-res. It looks like a kids drawing.

A shot from FIFA for Xbox One. Vastly improved lighting and facial detail. Vastly improved resolution in all areas. Clothing that ripples, grass that moves, detailed crowd in the stand etc. etc. etc. etc.

Neither shot means very much with seeing both games in motion...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLPn6m-yAGk
PS2 in motion not too bad, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLPn6m-yAGk
PS4 in motion.

Apart from the fact that they both look like football - which is what a football game should do - there is literally no comparison. Colour depth, animation, resolution literally everything is far superior on the current gen version of the game.

You choose to ignore the obvious - blatantly obvious advances of the game on modern hardware for a generalised, offhand overtly negative comment about FIFA looking the same on modern systems as PS2 which it doesn't. Not in technical terms. By the way I hate FIFA.

So, yeah, as long as you post twaddle like that I'm gonna be a smeg. Feel free to post a stupid GIF or whatever in response. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:20 pm

Tekken looks ace.
Dead Rising looks ace.
Scalebound looks ace.

Actually agree with prinny on the Scorpio. It seems too soon for a hardware upgrade (4years) which may effectively kill off the smart looking Xbox One S.

prinny you're getting as bad as outdated_gamer with all the just-get-a-PC-instead nonsense.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:22 pm

gman72 wrote: Actually agree with prinny on the Scorpio. It seems too soon for a hardware upgrade (4years) which may effectively kill off the smart looking Xbox One S.

prinny you're getting as bad as outdated_gamer with all the just-get-a-PC-instead nonsense.
PC/PS4/Nintendo
All three things covered

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Please no, let's not have a thread of bickering.
The Beans wrote:Free Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for Live Gold members this week to celebrate announcement of Tekken 7 on Xbox One.
Wowza, that's pretty great, a nice promotion. Disappointed we'll never get the version of Prey that was basically Boba Fett Simulator, but I do like that trailer.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:27 pm

So about Crackdown 3?

WHAT HAPPEN!!?
Sel Feena wrote:Please no, let's not have a thread of bickering.
Bicker bicker, it makes me titer, this is more fun than Twitter..................

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:30 pm

gman72 wrote:Tekken looks ace.
Dead Rising looks ace.
Scalebound looks ace.

Actually agree with prinny on the Scorpio. It seems too soon for a hardware upgrade (4years) which may effectively kill off the smart looking Xbox One S.
Scorpio's just a response to VR. I'm not fussed.

Dead Rising 4 is day one and looking forward to State Of Decay 2. I also realy like the look of Sea Of Thieves.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:43 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Please no, let's not have a thread of bickering.
I know, mate, and I apologise for my part but when I see twatisms I am compelled to shout them out. Always have been.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:59 pm

Is it just me or has Dprinny gone from occasionally saying funny censored to trying too hard to be funny in every single post and just gone to talking censored.

need to be natural mate, you are trying to force it and gradually becoming a bit of a bore.

Still love ya though, but that Fifa comment was nonsense.