Any NES fans?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

aztecca

Re: Any NES fans?

Post by aztecca » Tue May 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Smb 3
Blades of steel
Kickle kubikle
Mega man 2
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue May 17, 2016 1:59 pm

aztecca wrote:Smb 3
Blades of steel
Kickle kubikle
Mega man 2
Blades of Steel that reminds me is that the scrolling Fighter with the girl on Roller Skates fighting all the street gangs?

There he is! That's him! That's... the Warrior! He shot Cyrus!
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Tue May 17, 2016 2:16 pm

Ajax: I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle. ...
Shinobi wrote:
aztecca wrote:Smb 3
Blades of steel
Kickle kubikle
Mega man 2
Blades of Steel that reminds me is that the scrolling Fighter with the girl on Roller Skates fighting all the street gangs?

There he is! That's him! That's... the Warrior! He shot Cyrus!
No its the konami ice hockey game mate.Does have some scrapping in it though.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue May 17, 2016 6:07 pm

I never had one growing up, but one of my best friends did so spent a lot of time at his house playing:

Mario 1-3
Duck Hunt
Jurassic Park
Rad Racer
Duck Tales
Excitebike
WWF Steel Cage Challenge

Pretty much all of which stand up today. Sold my console recently though since I simply wasn't playing it

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed May 18, 2016 8:34 am

PinBall - One of the first games for it and still one of the best games on it... Probably one of my favourite pinball games overall! Seems simplistic at first but there's dozens of fun little secrets to find.

Ufouria: The Saga - A Metroid/Castlevania type thing from the makers of Kirby, where you play as a snowman, a ghost, a dinosaur and a frogman.

Zombie Nation - Crazy hard horizontal shoot-em-up where you play as a giant disembodied samurai head.

Abadox: The Deadly Inner War - Horizontal/vertical shoot-em-up set within the guts of an enormous space creature.

Balloon Fight - Not mentioned yet? Super-fun rip-off of Joust, replacing the ostriches with balloons.

Pooyan - Pretty much arcade-perfect conversion of the Konami game where you're a pig in a basket, shooting arrows at wolves on balloons.

MC Kids/McDonaldland - This and TMNT were the only NES games I played as a kid. It's a fun platformer with some surprising elements, and you play as the kids from Global Gladiators.

Lunar Pool - Like a futuristic version of pool, with funny shaped tables and stuff.

Bucky O'Hare - Another Metroid/Castlevania type, this one based on the cartoon.

Monster In My Pocket - If you were into the toys this game's fun enough, otherwise not so much.

Nintendo World Cup - Very strange controls take some getting used to, but worth it in the end.

The Legend of Kage - Another arcade conversion, ninja platformy stuff with ridiculously high jumping.

Spelunker - Ultra-hard platformer (don't fall further than anything over five pixels off a ledge!), I like it.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.