Childrens Film Foundation SKY343

A place to discuss anything retro that isn't games related

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

RetroAerosmith

Childrens Film Foundation SKY343

Post by RetroAerosmith » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:54 am

Not sure if its a new channel, but I like watching the odd classic movie or British rare show, perusing the music channels on SKY I stumbled on channel 343- Talking Pictures. It is showing a lot of BFI stuff looking further in the day I was amazed to see a CFF called The salvage gang. Hopefully they will show others. Most of my faves were from the 70s and 80s but seeing how the country has changed since the 50s is amazing.

Anyway, in case others also like stuff like this i thought id share it like.

RetroAerosmith

Re: Childrens Film Foundation SKY343

Post by RetroAerosmith » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:30 pm

If anyone like old Christmas shows, tomorrow at 10 past midday this channel is showing an old christmas episode of Runaround . it was a kids quiz show with Mike Reid, i used to love it...hopefully more retro shows like this will be made available too...

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:51 am

RetroAerosmith wrote:Not sure if its a new channel, but I like watching the odd classic movie or British rare show, perusing the music channels on SKY I stumbled on channel 343- Talking Pictures. It is showing a lot of BFI stuff looking further in the day I was amazed to see a CFF called The salvage gang. Hopefully they will show others. Most of my faves were from the 70s and 80s but seeing how the country has changed since the 50s is amazing.

Anyway, in case others also like stuff like this i thought id share it like.
Great, only just noticed this i'll take a look.

An old fella in my work was saying how years ago the streets and life in general was very quiet - because there were no cars (or very few).
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

iprice

Post by iprice » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:11 am

The only one I really remember is "The Battle For Billy's Pond", but I watched and loved all of them back in the day. :D
I fancy a nice hot cup of tea. Splash of milk. No sugar.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:33 pm

I love these films, I've bought all the ones off amazon that were officially released, "Saturday Morning Pictures Vol 1 to 4" and the later released BFI collections, also have managed to find a couple floating about on the net, most recently The Cat Gang (1959). I love seeing how old blighty has changed over the years.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

Wil

Post by Wil » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:50 pm

CFF films were a mainstay of the Saturday morning pictures slot at our local Odeon back in the '70s but I do remember making a special trip to see The Glitterball.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:14 am

There have been a fair few cff films shown on here since my original post, things like Pop Pirates, Friend or Foe and a lot more. They also have the odd obscure stufflike "now for nookie" which sounds fnar fnar but is a nookie the bear talk show entertainment thing. There are some gems hidden there for sure.

There is something called Park Ranger a drama thing about an owner of a national park where the first episode hos kids dog gets run over, meanwhile a trucker is in france flouting the rabies law and takes a dog back to uk, lo and behold dog gets passed on to the ranger in exchange for directions, kid loves the dog and you can guess the rest....but the darkness of those midday type programmes of the 70s and even the rabies scare itself is tangeable. Funny/nice/licky to see how times have changed.